Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by Gaucho »

If Shero had no interest in him, he wouldn't have made him an offer. Period. Basta. Schluss. Aus.

I don't have the patience for this BS...
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jamie wrote:Lesky, why would Svoboda go public and announce other teams are INVOLVED if Jagr had true intentions of signing in Pittsburgh? If he had any true intentions of signing in Pittsburgh, he keeps that under his hat. Sorry but the evidence I see is Svoboda drumming up a biddiing war for the most money.
Jagr wanted to know what options he had, and then make a decision. Simple as that. Call him greedy or whatever. But if Shero had any interest him he would made that call to give him an ultimatum, that would have very classy of Shero. And I think he would have done it with everyone else but Jagr, and thats because he never wanted him in the first place.
k0la
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by k0la »

Have fun not winning anything and getting booed whenever you come to Consol Jagr
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Lesky wrote:Jagr would never do that now even if he had planned to sign with the Penguins.

Why? Because what Shero did showed he had no interest in Jagr whatsoever.

Thats what irks me. I wish Jagr at least would have the chance to say yes or no.

How hard can it be to make a phone call?
HE HAD THREE DAYS TO SAY YES OR NO.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Lesky wrote:
Jamie wrote:Lesky, why would Svoboda go public and announce other teams are INVOLVED if Jagr had true intentions of signing in Pittsburgh? If he had any true intentions of signing in Pittsburgh, he keeps that under his hat. Sorry but the evidence I see is Svoboda drumming up a biddiing war for the most money.
Jagr wanted to know what options he had, and then make a decision. Simple as that. Call him greedy or whatever. But if Shero had any interest him he would made that call to give him an ultimatum, that would have very classy of Shero. And I think he would have done it with everyone else but Jagr, and thats because he never wanted him in the first place.
LOL. He's indefensible. Quit trying.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

IncredibleMulk71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by IncredibleMulk71 »

Can I take his spot in the 91 Cup reunion golf outing?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Well....bye.

Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Gaucho wrote:If Shero had no interest in him, he wouldn't have made him an offer. Period. Basta. Schluss. Aus.

I don't have the patience for this BS...
If Shero had not made any offer to Jagr after Jagr reached out he would get a HUGE backslash from the fans. Thats exactly why many were suspicious about Sheros motives from the very start of the process.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

HomerPenguin wrote:
Lesky wrote:Jagr would never do that now even if he had planned to sign with the Penguins.

Why? Because what Shero did showed he had no interest in Jagr whatsoever.

Thats what irks me. I wish Jagr at least would have the chance to say yes or no.

How hard can it be to make a phone call?
HE HAD THREE DAYS TO SAY YES OR NO.
:thumb:
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

In Shero i trust. The Pens have always made the right moves under him and Mario.

Glad things have turned out the way they have and look forward to what will happen next.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Desiato wrote:
Lesky wrote:
KG wrote:Lesky....pens aren't going to beg Jagr to come back...They made a fair offer (they feel) on Tuesday. Then Jagr starting getting other teams involved...
I have never asked them to beg from crying out loud, just say: ACCEPT OUR OFFER IN 15 MINUTES or the offer is gone! Not much too ask from Ray if he had any real interest in Jagr other than saving his own image.
Hello? Shero already extended his deadline by a day and a half. That was very big of him. And you're b**ching about another 15 minutes?

The Pens didn't have another 15 minutes to waste on him. Today, you might imagine, will be an incredibly busy day for the Pittsburgh Penguins. They had already wasted far too much time and energy on Jagr. We all have.
Shero never set a deadline for Jagr, his agent was the one that said they want to have a deal done by Wednesday night.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by DesertPenguin »

Lesky wrote:
KG wrote:Lesky....pens aren't going to beg Jagr to come back...They made a fair offer (they feel) on Tuesday. Then Jagr starting getting other teams involved...
I have never asked them to beg from crying out loud, just say: ACCEPT OUR OFFER IN 15 MINUTES or the offer is gone! Not much too ask from Ray if he had any real interest in Jagr other than saving his own image.
Lesky, man, Jagrwatch was fun, and by the end I was pulling for him to sign for you as much as for the Pens, but this one is on Jagr and his agent. Jagr's agent declared that more teams had entered the bidding, and Ray has made it clear they were not getting into a bidding war. 2mil was the highest this team could go without mortgaging the future and cutting the legs off our depth, and that offer was not accepted. Ray wasn't about to sit on his hands and let players like Kennedy slip away while JJ contemplated his future and waited for a higher offer. JJ is holding out for more money, and 2 million was all we had to give. We are at an impasse, time to move on.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

jeffshly wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I don't care about Jagr or his agent's intentions. What did Shero have to lose by putting on offer out there until 12:00:01 and then pulling it?
I think it's a safe bet that he pulled the $2M offer to Jagr in order to issue another offer for that money to another player. You can't have offers out there that put you over the cap limit because, if both were accepted, the Pens would be over the cap limit.
What other offer was out there? The Kennedy offer? No other offer could have been made until noon, so Kennedy's was the only possibility. Unless Jagr's offer was outrageous, Kennedy wouldn't have put them over.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't care about Jagr or his agent's intentions. What did Shero have to lose by putting on offer out there until 12:00:01 and then pulling it?
Signing him for more than he needed to? Detroit pulling their offer certainly suggests that Jagr and Svoboda overestimated the market for him.

This is all ridiculous. He had 3 days to accept the offer in waiting.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Jagr could still save his legacy by firing Svoboda and calling Mario or Shero directly and agreeing to a deal. I don't think it'll happen though.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

Lesky wrote:
That's absurd. Your devotion to Jagr is impairing your brain. Shero offered Jagr a contract and announced publicly that he would like to have him return. He would not have done this if he had no intention of signing him.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

Lesky wrote:
If he wanted to know what OPTIONS he had, then he really was showing no true loyalty to Pittsburgh. Why should RS not pull his offer, and explore other options of his own? Fair is fair right? Jaromir Jagr does not have to be loyal to the Pens, but the Pens do not have to be loyal to him either.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

It's impossible to defend Jagr. He and his agent came to Pittsburgh with their "interest," not the other way around. They threw around empty words like how it's not about the money and his heart is in Pittsburgh. The Pens make an offer that's supposedly "fair." Team Jagr said they'd make a decision Wednesday. Not only did they not do that, they went and drew more teams into it yesterday and today. They were just using the Pens, and apparently the Red Wings as well. Their entire negotiating methods were disingenuous. He just wants the attention of teams fawning over him and he wants money. He wasn't honorable enough to come out and just say that, but instead decided to try to use a couple well respected, quality organizations that don't even need him in the first place. He would have been lucky to play on Pittsburgh or Detroit.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Lesky I'm a Jagr fan like you bud. It isn't over until the Pens sign someone else.
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by opie22002 »

A leopard can't change its' spots.
Pavement
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Pavement »

I'm disappointed he hasn't signed, regardless of who did or didnt do whatever. I doubt we will ever know exactly what happened in terms of the process between Jagr, the Agent and the Pens.

I'm looking ahead now, players have been signed and it will be interesting to see if we sign anyone else.

This thread has been great though, total rollercoaster :-)
jjj5032
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by jjj5032 »

Ok im not trying to sound ignorant but everyone talks about how the penguins will "move on" to sign someone else. Who else is out there actually? What are we moving on to?
champeen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by champeen »

Question for the capgeeks on the board- Is Shero legally required to withdraw the offer to Jagr before extending another one to someone else for an amount that, combined with 68's 2mil., would put them over the cap? Or can he have offers out to 6 players at once and then just take whoever bites first?