Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by Lesky »

RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Last straw for #Pens was the other teams being brought in Thursday night. Way this was handled by Jagr doesn't sit well with #66. #tribpens
Pretty much tells me that he Penguins never got back to Jagr. Shero just withdraw the offer like he probably was planning all the time!
scpensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by scpensfan »

Pens will still sign him.
imnosortoffabric
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by imnosortoffabric »

Lesky wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Last straw for #Pens was the other teams being brought in Thursday night. Way this was handled by Jagr doesn't sit well with #66. #tribpens
Pretty much tells me that he Penguins never got back to Jagr. Shero just withdraw the offer like he probably was planning all the time!
Pretty much tells me you have no idea what happened
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

Lesky wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Why should they have? The ball was in Jagr's court. You will stick by Jagr on this one? Even after reportedly Detroit is removing their offer as well?

How can you possibly point the blame at Shero for this?
Myriad
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Myriad »

RxBandit66 wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Sounds like Holland or RS don't want Jagr enough to wait for him over other options. They can still offer again after the other FA go away.
That's an interesting take on it. The Pens have some wiggle room after TK has now been signed. Talbot and Rupp won't be back. 4.5 mil left.
I wonder whether Jagr will come back and ask for a contract again
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by sil »

SolidSnake wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Sounds like Holland or RS don't want Jagr enough to wait for him over other options. They can still offer again after the other FA go away.
That's an interesting take on it. The Pens have some wiggle room after TK has now been signed. Talbot and Rupp won't be back. 4.5 mil left.
I see 3.6 left according to capgeek
That inlcudes Tangradi. Shero has up to 4M if wants to use it all...which he won't.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

William S Burroughs wrote:Beware of whores who say they don't want money.
The hell they don't.
What they mean is they want more money. Much more.
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

Lesky wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Dude, you're grasping at straws. Jagr has definitively proven what he is. A drama queen with no loyalty whatsoever who only cares about cash.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

scpensfan wrote:Pens will still sign him.
I think so too.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

sil wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:
I see 3.6 left according to capgeek
That inlcudes Tangradi. Shero has up to 4M if wants to use it all...which he won't.
ah ok :thumb:
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

Lesky wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Lesky I feel your pain, but this is 100% Jagr's fault. His B.S. is the only reason he is not playing for the penguins again.
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

Myriad wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:
I wonder whether Jagr will come back and ask for a contract again
If that happens, I hope Lemieux arranges the contract signing at the CEC and instead of signing, gives him the People's Elbow at Center.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Lesky wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
:face:
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by westside »

Let it go... live in the now!
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by jeffshly »

Lesky wrote:he owes it to the fans with the second best player in the franchise history to tell it exactly like it with all details.
He owes the fans nothing other than to do his job. To be blunt, he owes Jagr absolutely, positively nothing. He gave Jagr an offer. Jagr didn't accept it, instead choosing to go back on his words and make it about fielding offers from many teams. Shero had to withdraw the offer in order to spend that money elsewhere. End of story.

As I said before, I admire your passion on this topic. But you need to think more with your head and less with your heart.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

The best thing? If DET really did pull their offer to, then Jagr has really zero leverage in anything.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

GM Shero is nobody's fool.
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

Malkamaniac wrote:The best thing? If DET really did pull their offer to, then Jagr has really zero leverage in anything.
Ken Holland is a very smart man who doesn't take any crap either. I'd love if his only options were like Florida and Winnipeg.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

realistically, what's his options here? With PIT and DET out, there goes any legitimate chance he has at a cup out of the competing teams with the available cap room and need for an over the hill forward. I have a hard time believing the fact he will sign with Philadelphia or Montreal for anywhere south of 3-3.5 million. If he accepts an offer that is close to the one Shero gave, I will not be a happy camper.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

AlexPKeaton wrote:
I think so too.
RS's way of guilting Jagr into signing with us... :D
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by RxBandit66 »

AlexPKeaton wrote:
I think so too.
Me too. They have the money left, and have zero needs at any other position except RW.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

pens2005 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Why should they have? The ball was in Jagr's court. You will stick by Jagr on this one? Even after reportedly Detroit is removing their offer as well?

How can you possibly point the blame at Shero for this?
I would have expected Shero to give Svoboda a call and said. You got 30 minutes to accept the contract or else we move on. That would have been more fair, and at least that would have given Jagr the chance to accept the offer in the end! Now we will never know whether Jagr intended returning or not. Its possible he could take this as a sign that Shero never wanted him.

I am just as dissapointed in Jagr, but I think Shero should have handled this differently as well. If Shero has handled it the way I suggested above, it would feel alot better knowing Jagr got an ultimatum and declined Pittsburgh. Now Pittsburgh declined Jagr before he had replied!
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

So, as presumed, Jagr just went to Pittsburgh and Detroit to drive up his price for someone else to sign. Typical. Yawn. Pittsburgh doesn't need you, diva.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Lesky, you are blinded by your love for Jagr...
Myriad
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Myriad »

KG wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:
I think so too.
RS's way of guilting Jagr into signing with us... :D
its possible Jagr has an "****" moment and wants a contract for less money, in which case RS looks like a genius