The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Ned Braden »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:He should have to hand wash them.
He did.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

And James McDonald had a log in his boxers
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Poni is currently trying to argue that you pay Kennedy instead of bringing in Jagr. The funniest comment? "Why would you bring in a 39 year old who didn't light up the KHL points wise when you could sign Kennedy who brings more than just goals." He then went on to say he thinks Kennedy should get paid above 2M if he was awarded it in arbitration. I really couldn't believe the absurdity of the argument. It's LOL funny.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Pavel Bure wrote:Poni is currently trying to argue that you pay Kennedy instead of bringing in Jagr. The funniest comment? "Why would you bring in a 39 year old who didn't light up the KHL points wise when you could sign Kennedy who brings more than just goals." He then went on to say he thinks Kennedy should get paid above 2M if he was awarded it in arbitration. I really couldn't believe the absurdity of the argument. It's LOL funny.
And this is why I don't listen to the fan.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Pavel Bure wrote:Poni is currently trying to argue that you pay Kennedy instead of bringing in Jagr. The funniest comment? "Why would you bring in a 39 year old who didn't light up the KHL points wise when you could sign Kennedy who brings more than just goals." He then went on to say he thinks Kennedy should get paid above 2M if he was awarded it in arbitration. I really couldn't believe the absurdity of the argument. It's LOL funny.
Mueller actually had a very rational opposite opinoin to this. But, you know, he's not insanely annoying so lets bury him on the graveyard shift.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Mueller's not some NY wanna-be shock host like the majority of those jokers who are on before him are. He's just a host talking sports.

He's too good for that station.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I'm convinced that they told him to make this point. I guess he was against the Kovalev signing and he spent a week after the penuins lost to the lightning talking about how right he was. He was on vacation when the Jagr talk heated up and one of the other hosts specifically said that filiponi would be against this signing, referencing his argument against Kovalev.

I think Vinnie is the same way, they just tell him to take the stupidest position on every argument.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I haven't listened to the Fan once, and I am thankful as hell that we have Mike Missanelli down in Philly for the evening drive time as opposed to this nitwit (Poni).
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

Troy Loney wrote:

I'm convinced that they told him to make this point. I guess he was against the Kovalev signing and he spent a week after the penuins lost to the lightning talking about how right he was. He was on vacation when the Jagr talk heated up and one of the other hosts specifically said that filiponi would be against this signing, referencing his argument against Kovalev.

I think Vinnie is the same way, they just tell him to take the stupidest position on every argument.
Tonight, Poni attempted to make light of how he "predicted" Jagr would eventually return back when it was reported the organization was trying to coax him into returning for the golf event. :face:
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

http://sportstalk.triblive.com/tribradio/player/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

Wow, whoever was just on talking to Cook, i feel your pain. The Caller made a logical argument and just backed cook into a corner and cook couldn't even tell you who jagr's linemates were in 2008. Talk about an ill-informed, stubborn and bitter person cook is.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Bioshock wrote:Wow, whoever was just on talking to Cook, i feel your pain. The Caller made a logical argument and just backed cook into a corner and cook couldn't even tell you who jagr's linemates were in 2008. Talk about an ill-informed, stubborn and bitter person cook is.
Second rate programming.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Bioshock wrote:Wow, whoever was just on talking to Cook, i feel your pain. The Caller made a logical argument and just backed cook into a corner and cook couldn't even tell you who jagr's linemates were in 2008. Talk about an ill-informed, stubborn and bitter person cook is.
Second rate programming.
very true...
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Bioshock wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
Second rate programming.
very true...
Cook can't let his dislike of Jagr go, he's obsessed with hating him irrationally.

Also Filiponi sucks.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Is there anyone as dumb as Ron Cook on the radio?
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

pittsports87 wrote:Is there anyone as dumb as Ron Cook on the radio?
Filiponi
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Filliponi was at his absolute nadir last night. Between his Jagr nonsense and the whole Bautista thing, I could only listen for a few minutes at a a time while driving (I constantly am flipping during commercial breaks from one station to another).
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Doc is calling into Ron Cook's show :scared:
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

slappybrown wrote:Filliponi was at his absolute nadir last night. Between his Jagr nonsense and the whole Bautista thing, I could only listen for a few minutes at a a time while driving (I constantly am flipping during commercial breaks from one station to another).
ponis bautista discussion last night was arguably his worst attempt at trolling/ stirring up the masses, and it showed. kenny the kangaroo listed to it with amusement as he tried, with little success, to get irate pirates fans to call and bash the buccos over trading bautista. of course, the man has no credability when talking about bautista's tenure in pittsburgh, because he wasnt here.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:Is there anyone as dumb as Ron Cook on the radio?
Filiponi
Vinny.

Seibel.

There's a lot of people as dumb as cook, come to think of it.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Hey _____ it's Ron cook how are you man?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Also Paul alexander is socially awkward
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

They have to do something about Lily.

I was listening to Chris Muller last night and his show was great. Then he said the magic words.... "Hi Lily...."

Click.