Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by tonysoprano »

npv708 wrote:My gut feeling about today...

Shero signs a legit top6 in the opening minutes of FA (Ryder, Vrbata), then waits to see if Kennedy/Jagr sign, so he's not left waiting for Jagr's decision.
I'm not sure I'd classify either as a "legit" top 6, but I hear what you're saying.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

The line up is significantly worse if they don't fill in those 2 holes.
Despite what everyone thinks, Shero never "hands" a spot to a rookie. They have to impress / beat other people out to make it. Nick Johnson / Tangradi will not be "handed spots" (unless injuries force it)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

k0la wrote: What I mean is I don't think the offer TK gets is gonna change much, just like with Jagr. He wants to see today what he can get. I'd say he decides sometime tomorrow
I think it will be a tough decision for TK. And the Pens offer won't change much (realitively speaking), but I think they can add $2-300K to the deal, which is a decent amount for a contract a player like TK is signing.

If TK waits until tomorrow, I honestly think Shero will move on, and if something better comes up, or something that fits within their budget, he will make a move for it, because TK will be getting much better offers.

TK needs to decide if he wants to stay in Pgh for less money, or go elsewhere for more. He knows he is going to get more.

Shero may say "I'll give you until 1 or 2 today to see your offers, but you have to make a decision by then or else our offer may not be here when you get back". TK will be done today IMO, and most likely closer to noon.

Then again, I could be completely wrong and talking out of my ass! :D
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Doogs wrote:Dreger said the other team was...wait for it... St. Louis.
If he wants to win, I don't care how much they offered him, they're not in the mix at all then.
SlipperyRockJoe
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SlipperyRockJoe »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:"Czech This Out, Jagr Returns" IS AMAZING
Thanks!
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

IanMoran wrote:The line up is significantly worse if they don't fill in those 2 holes.
Despite what everyone thinks, Shero never "hands" a spot to a rookie. They have to impress / beat other people out to make it. Nick Johnson / Tangradi will not be "handed spots" (unless injuries force it)
Does anyone think that he hands a spot to a rookie? A rookie cannot break the lineup without multiple injuries, I'm pretty sure everyone knows that.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by sil »

IanMoran wrote:The line up is significantly worse if they don't fill in those 2 holes.
NJ will need to pass through waivers, so I see him staying up as the 14th F. Jeffrey is NHL ready, but won't be physically ready until November, so look for Tangradi (or Craig?) to begin in the NHL again in his stead. ET can then pass to WB/S without waivers...same with Vitale for when we may need him.

There are two forward spots to fill regardless. Shero can't wait till 2 or 3 for a Jagr decision. Not a whole lot in the FA pool, but Shero may have a few guys he's keyed on. If Jagr doesn't sign before noon, I'd be shocked if he wears a pens jersey next season. This is most definitely the case with Kennedy.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Does anyone think that he hands a spot to a rookie? A rookie cannot break the lineup without multiple injuries, I'm pretty sure everyone knows that.
That seems to be the sentiment by some, people are saying maybe Shero will sign no one (leaving the spot to those 2), I've also seen many lineups including those 2.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by sil »

newarenanow wrote:Then again, I could be completely wrong and talking out of my ass! :D
Same here. A lot of pople on here do, but only a small percentage will ever admit to it. :lol:
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I'm pretty sure jeffrey earned his spot.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

sil wrote:
NJ will need to pass through waivers, so I see him staying up as the 14th F. Jeffrey is NHL ready, but won't be physically ready until November, so look for Tangradi (or Craig?) to begin in the NHL again in his stead. ET can then pass to WB/S without waivers...same with Vitale for when we may need him.

There are two forward spots to fill regardless. Shero can't wait till 2 or 3 for a Jagr decision. Not a whole lot in the FA pool, but Shero may have a few guys he's keyed on. If Jagr doesn't sign before noon, I'd be shocked if he wears a pens jersey next season. This is most definitely the case with Kennedy.
I didn't know that about NJ. Jeffrey is NHL ready and I think he has proven himself last year / I'd pencil him in. I don't see ET / Craig / Vitale as penciled in... the only way one of them makes it is if they do a Letestu / REALLY impresses in preseason / start of regular season.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Anybody remember the pictures from last night?

The names on them have been changed

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/search.htm ... iew=images" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty fishy...

Let's hope Jagr returns!
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

In my opinion the line up is

Kunitz - Sid- Dupuis
Neal - Geno - ?
Cooke - Staal- ?
Adams - Jeffrey - Asham
X Letestu

They will fill in those 2 ?'s through Jagr, TK, or other UFA (I don't see Nick Johnson, Craig, Vitale just filling in those spots)
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by sil »

I see Nick Johnson getting Chris Conner treatment this year. Stays up all year but gets scratched a lot.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

sil wrote:I see Nick Johnson getting Chris Conner treatment this year. Stays up all year but gets scratched a lot.
Possibly, but Conner was only up here because of injuries, it was just the injuries lasted ALL YEAR LONG. Hopefully that doesn't happen again lol
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Rossi just tweeted:
Aside from #jagrwatch and Kennedy, not expecting much from #Pens today. Hearing they don't want to play this market.
If that's the case, maybe they don't cut off talks with Jagr at noon. Maybe talks will go on indefinitely. :scared: :scared: :scared:
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by sil »

IanMoran wrote:In my opinion the line up is

Kunitz - Sid- Dupuis
Neal - Geno - ?
Cooke - Staal- ?
Adams - Jeffrey - Asham
X Letestu

They will fill in those 2 ?'s through Jagr, TK, or other UFA (I don't see Nick Johnson, Craig, Vitale just filling in those spots)
Just remember Jeffrey's knee will most likely keep him out of the opening night roster...and depending on total cap, Shero will probably keep 14F on the roster. That leaves a total of 4? for your roster above.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Never expected RS to be very active on the FA market anyway.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Well the market is a joke, and Shero won't bite on it. Sounds good to me.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by sil »

IanMoran wrote:
sil wrote:I see Nick Johnson getting Chris Conner treatment this year. Stays up all year but gets scratched a lot.
Possibly, but Conner was only up here because of injuries, it was just the injuries lasted ALL YEAR LONG. Hopefully that doesn't happen again lol
But the point being, they didn't send him back down at all (even when the team was healthy in December) because he could've been taken away on waivers.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

IronDukes37 wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Aside from #jagrwatch and Kennedy, not expecting much from #Pens today. Hearing they don't want to play this market.
Jagr watch to go reach 10 days? :pop:
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

The market sucks and I do not expect the pens to sign anyone other than tk/jagr.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

sil wrote:
IanMoran wrote:In my opinion the line up is

Kunitz - Sid- Dupuis
Neal - Geno - ?
Cooke - Staal- ?
Adams - Jeffrey - Asham
X Letestu

Just remember Jeffrey's knee will most likely keep him out of the opening night roster...and depending on total cap, Shero will probably keep 14F on the roster. That leaves a total of 4? for your roster above.
Letestu takes Jeffrey's spot / call up one of WBS guys as 13th forward until Jeffrey's healthy. Still leaves only 2 ?'s (but it seems very likely Shero will sign a depth / extremely cheap signing that no one saw coming before training camp, he usually does)
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

AlexPKeaton wrote:The market sucks and I do not expect the pens to sign anyone other than tk/jagr.
Hypothetical, if they miss out on both, do you really think Pens will go into the season with 5 mill in cap space?