Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Keeping up with this thread could be a full time job. 20 something pages overnight. You people are killing me. KILLING ME! :lol:
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

My gut feeling is, if we hear before 3pm today that there is a newsconference for the Pens, then we will all be very happy.

If there is no answer by 4-5 today, Shero has moved on, and Jagr is going to negotiate with other teams and get the highest contract.
k0la
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by k0la »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Keeping up with this thread could be a full time job. 20 something pages overnight. You people are killing me. KILLING ME! :lol:
At least your in the right timezone. It's grew by 50 pages last nite, and a 100 the night before
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

newarenanow wrote:My gut feeling is, if we hear before 3pm today that there is a newsconference for the Pens, then we will all be very happy.

If there is no answer by 4-5 today, Shero has moved on, and Jagr is going to negotiate with other teams and get the highest contract.
Yes or no, hedger.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

IronDukes37 wrote:Darren Dreger on 93.7 the fan now, hosts today are Paul Alexander and Colin Dunlap

--Jagrwatch: other then PGH, doesn't know how many teams made legitimate offers
--Jagr reinvented himself a bit going into Worlds, lost weight (20-25lbs),top shape
--hasn't talked to anyone (GM, agent) this morning yet
--would be surprised if TK left
--Max Talbot...Agent told TOR Max wants to test FA first
--Mike Rupp..will be a lot of interest from other teams, PGH wants to keep but may have to let go
--Sid-Geno injuries: rehashed what we already know
-----Colin Dunlap asked this question "give us the real scoop on their injuries", which probably pissed off Alexander who has said several times this morning "my inside Pens sources tell me, without a doubt Sid is OK (he has been talking to Pens alumni at the golf outing all week that say Sid is playing great)
--head shots..nothing new
--Pens cup chances: reservations about Jagr, TK is a depth player, Pens should focus on TK (room chemistry)
That's pretty much what I got out of it. Honestly, it focused more on TK and the current Pens team than on Jagr.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Admin wrote:
newarenanow wrote:My gut feeling is, if we hear before 3pm today that there is a newsconference for the Pens, then we will all be very happy.

Yes or no, hedger.
Maybe?

Real answer is no: I think he wants to test the market and the Pens move on.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

eddysnake wrote:at this point if J2K doesn't sign with the pens, I'm afraid that Pittsburgh may be destroyed by riots.
rioting takes too much effort. I am thinking there will be a spike in keyboard damage
Myriad
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Myriad »

newarenanow wrote:
npv708 wrote:Comment on TSN:
An optimist would look at the Pens your way. A realist would look at the Pens and see a team built on 'gimme' draft picks that's fallen apart in the last 2 years due to cap issues, ahd not a team thats 'been to the finals 2 of the last 4 years,' but a team that has failed to get past the 2nd round in the last 2 years. Of those 3 teams he's likely choosing from, Montreal is the only one who is improving because the other 2, while still great teams, are on the decline. Report this comment!
:face:
:lol: Awesome.
I bet he had to go burn a few cars after writing this comment because he got so angry
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Yeah, I really think we'll hear from Jagr pretty quickly if it's going to happen. If it gets much past noon I think it's over because RS will be focused on other things.

Only thing that might work in Jagr's favor in this case is a lot of teams are going to be overpaying mediocre players because of the weak FA class. So maybe RS doesn't really have any options at price tags he likes and by default ends up waiting longer than he would under normal circumstances to hear back from Jagr.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Going to work at 11a today is going to be f'n torture.

Don't care if it's a repost, it makes me laugh.
Last edited by jaysmiter on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

I'm so caught up in Jagrwatch that it doesn't even feel like the first day of free agency.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
astro4k
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by astro4k »

he's a Pen, book it.

the only downside to this whole thing is that we won't be able to hear John Barbero (RIP!) announce his 1st goal:

The Pittsburgh goal, his first of the season, scored by # 68, Jaromir JJJJAGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

jaysmiter wrote:Going to work at 11a today is going to be f'n torture.
Ouch. We have a half day, but at noon we go to one of the attorney's houses for a work picnic. I'll have no internet access. THAT'S torture.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Lesky wrote:#87 CROSBY

Bandidos!
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

WHERE is Jaromir Jagr?
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

WHEN is Jaromir Jagr?
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

See, I'm not so sure. If there were a plethora of other high-upside Top 6 wings to be had for 2M/yr without giving them a long-term deal, I'd agree with you. But I don't see a lot of other players like that out there.

I think GMRS has to find another top 6 wing.... I hope his plan isn't "Well, it's noon and Jags hasn't accepted, soooooo, Rupper's gettin paid". Different players, different roles. I'd love to have Rupp back, for the record, but not with the money that needs to be spent on a top 6 wing.
astro4k
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by astro4k »

IronDukes37 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:That's pretty much what I got out of it. Honestly, it focused more on TK and the current Pens team than on Jagr.
Yeah, when 60 seconds into it he said he hadn't talked to anyone yet I almost stopped typing. Decided to continue only in consideration of our out of town fans.
appreciate that!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

this thread went minutes without a post. how?
pens_CT
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pens_CT »

beerman wrote:

Yeah, I really think we'll hear from Jagr pretty quickly if it's going to happen. If it gets much past noon I think it's over because RS will be focused on other things.

Only thing that might work in Jagr's favor in this case is a lot of teams are going to be overpaying mediocre players because of the weak FA class. So maybe RS doesn't really have any options at price tags he likes and by default ends up waiting longer than he would under normal circumstances to hear back from Jagr.
A lot depends on whether he signs Kennedy by noon. If Kennedy is signed, I could see him waiting on Jagr. If Kennedy is not signed, then Shero has to move.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Ben Klingston wrote:
Lesky wrote:#87 CROSBY

WTF

Are you sure you got 7 hours of sleep, or that fahrvernugen or whatever you had for bfast wasn't laced with something?
Whats wrong? Crosby did it to mesh with Jagr :fist:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

My gut feeling about today...

Shero signs a legit top6 in the opening minutes of FA (Ryder, Vrbata), then waits to see if Kennedy/Jagr sign, so he's not left waiting for Jagr's decision.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

pens_CT wrote:
beerman wrote:

A lot depends on whether he signs Kennedy by noon. If Kennedy is signed, I could see him waiting on Jagr. If Kennedy is not signed, then Shero has to move.
Their stated plan all along is to sign both TK and Jagr.