Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by adambpsu »

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:TIOPS is reporting that Jagr may have some concerns about connecting with the Pens' young core and may feel more comfortable being around seasoned vets in Detroit or his buddy in Montreal.

Honestly, I'm fairly indifferent to Jagr coming here, but I just don't want him going to Philly. I think that would just burn
To be honest, I'm not sure what other reasons at this point JJ could come up for making this "decision" as complicated as he and Svoboda are making it. While it's a legitimate concern, it seems more like it should have been a concern relevant when he was putting his feelers out for coming back to the NHL.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

adambpsu wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:TIOPS is reporting that Jagr may have some concerns about connecting with the Pens' young core and may feel more comfortable being around seasoned vets in Detroit or his buddy in Montreal.

Honestly, I'm fairly indifferent to Jagr coming here, but I just don't want him going to Philly. I think that would just burn
To be honest, I'm not sure what other reasons at this point JJ could come up for making this "decision" as complicated as he and Svoboda are making it. While it's a legitimate concern, it seems more like it should have been a concern relevant when he was putting his feelers out for coming back to the NHL.
Just waiting until July 1st when the decision even mattered. He couldn't sign until today.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Jagr Watch!
Nailer Cim
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Nailer Cim »

CMON JAGGGGGS, give us one last hoorah! U were with us last when u and mario, kovy, lang, straka made a push for the cup in 01.....now u can have crosby and malkin feedin u the puck with a far better Defense and goalie than that time period. DO IT
adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by adambpsu »

Rylan wrote:
adambpsu wrote:

Just waiting until July 1st when the decision even mattered. He couldn't sign until today.
Yeah I suppose. Although my constant beef has been with how Svoboda has handled the timetables and though-process he put out there. In reality though, this is all second-hand media reports anyway that is fueling this indecision.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

adambpsu wrote:
Rylan wrote:
adambpsu wrote:

Yeah I suppose. Although my constant beef has been with how Svoboda has handled the timetables and though-process he put out there. In reality though, this is all second-hand media reports anyway that is fueling this indecision.
Its difficult when people keep asking you to comment. We don't know the conversations Jagr and him had about this impending situation, maybe the game plan was to get Pittsburgh emotional about the situation. So that when he signs, the sigh of relief and happiness of him signing will make him appear a triumphant hero again. If he had just signed without this hype it wouldn't have gotten the press, and wouldn't of had a 280 page thread of people anticipating the return. Its a great PR move.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Post by Bob McKenzie »

Sounds like that's opinion rather than based on any evidence coming from anyone close to the situation.

We may have concerns about Crosby's concussion condition.

We may have concerns about Malkin's knee.

We may have concerns that Fleury will miss Max's pregame little fight...
bdevido
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by bdevido »

the gloom and doom on this board is comical. jagr isn't going to make or break this team, either way. sure he'll add some intrigue, but lets face it, its more for sentimental reason's instead.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Jagr is still a top 6 NHL player. Even if he only amasses 50-60 pts. He is still a better choice a winger than anything the Pens currently have or could find on the FA list. He would definitely make this team much better. Also, he is an extremely talented PP guy, who perhaps, may be a catalyst that makes the Penguins at minimum a top 15 PP unit.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Last day or so I've kind of grown skeptical he'll be signed but....

Ummmm...what is this?

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/search.htm ... iew=images" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DrBoni
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DrBoni »

Only one more day!

Where In The World Is Jaromir Jagr? http://www.1835movement.com/PensNation/ ... s-JJ-2.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

DrBoni wrote:Only one more day!

Where In The World Is Jaromir Jagr? http://www.1835movement.com/PensNation/ ... s-JJ-2.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:fist: :lol:
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by JarkkoVision »

I can't believe this thread is at 283 pages. This thing is growing so fast that's what she said. And yes, I caved and finally read. I think 40 or so pages have been added since I last checked lol
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

littlemoonboot wrote:Last day or so I've kind of grown skeptical he'll be signed but....

Ummmm...what is this?

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/search.htm ... iew=images" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On second thought maybe its just there like pre written obits
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

And if Jagr is "concerned" about fitting in, he's known about the Pens roster for months now. If he'd rather go hang out with the old farts in Detroit, fine!

Watch him sign with some joke team off the radar
k0la
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by k0la »

No post for almost 15mins! Thread is dying :scared:
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by marek »

I'll keep it alive... Why do boobs have nipples?
Otherwise they'd be pointless...

Ba da boom!
Last edited by marek on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

marek wrote:I'll keep it alive... Why do boobs have nipples?
Otherwise they'd be pointless...

Ba da bomb!
Lol I need to go to bed, I laughed out loud at this pretty loudly.
k0la
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by k0la »

Guess I can try to actually do some work today then before America wakes up
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pekkasteele »

k0la wrote:No post for almost 15mins! Thread is dying :scared:
Yes, dying alive and have asked for a trade to another forum! :scared:
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

I can really see Jagr clicking with and enjoying hanging with the younger guys. Speculation of course but I don't think he's concerned about that at all. I think it'd be a good fit from that aspect.
k0la
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by k0la »

André wrote:I can really see Jagr clicking with and enjoying hanging with the younger guys. Speculation of course but I don't think he's concerned about that at all. I think it'd be a good fit from that aspect.
And Malkin can learn him how to get supermodel girls :pop:
Free Candy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Free Candy »

68 is his number,
Jagr is his name,
He's one of the reasons,
We're gonna win the game.
k0la
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by k0la »

8 hours to free agency!
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by blurryhaze312 »

littlemoonboot wrote:Last day or so I've kind of grown skeptical he'll be signed but....

Ummmm...what is this?

That is Lesky's grand finale of his Career of Jagr picture series ~ he hacked the Pens main site and plopped them on there? :lol: