Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by jamespensfan »

pittsports87 wrote:Someone needs to take Jagr and make him look at all the people on this site wanting him back, all tpb tributes and commenters wanting him back, people on facebook/twitter, and show him how much we want him back here.
That will not mean jack sh*t to him, nothing, nada.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

At this point, after the latest quotes by his agent, I no longer want Jagr on this team. This whole show the last 48 hours is exactly the type of stuff he was supposed to have "grown up" and gotten over. Obviously, he's still the same old Jagr. His word means nothing, he obviously is following the money, and does not truly want to return to the Pens.

I was very much for bringing him back. Now, I'm actually rooting for him to wait so long that he has priced himself out of available suitors and is forced to go back to the KHL, or he gets a nice $4 mil a year deal from the Islanders or Oilers, or some other team that won't sniff the playoffs but will give him his money. Please Shero, pull the offer already. We don't need this guy on the Pens.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

This guy was a head case befor and he is a headcase now... Why are we all suprised. No matter where he signs he will question himself if he made the right decision and eventually regret it.

He is likeing the attention he is getting from all this and feels like "the big man on campus again" Which spells danger for us espicially in our locker room, will he want to run the show or will he take a secondary roll like he will be expected t do.

All this drama makes me care less if he signs or not. Vrbata Cole or Gagne are looking like better options.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

FLPensFan wrote:At this point, after the latest quotes by his agent, I no longer want Jagr on this team. This whole show the last 48 hours is exactly the type of stuff he was supposed to have "grown up" and gotten over. Obviously, he's still the same old Jagr. His word means nothing, he obviously is following the money, and does not truly want to return to the Pens.

I was very much for bringing him back. Now, I'm actually rooting for him to wait so long that he has priced himself out of available suitors and is forced to go back to the KHL, or he gets a nice $4 mil a year deal from the Islanders or Oilers, or some other team that won't sniff the playoffs but will give him his money. Please Shero, pull the offer already. We don't need this guy on the Pens.
Serenity now.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

I think I have had enough
SCrosby87
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SCrosby87 »

FLPensFan wrote:At this point, after the latest quotes by his agent, I no longer want Jagr on this team. This whole show the last 48 hours is exactly the type of stuff he was supposed to have "grown up" and gotten over. Obviously, he's still the same old Jagr. His word means nothing, he obviously is following the money, and does not truly want to return to the Pens.

This is exactly what I was thinking. We don't need jagr. Would have been great to have him but he pulled a jagr. We should have seen this coming. He's not the type of player to join a team where he's not the guy. He never was and never will be. Looks like fl or oilers will offer him some absurd amount of money and he will come up with some bs excuse to justify his actions. F*** jagr.
Dave's_a_Killer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Dave's_a_Killer »

I can't wait till the next news report comes out so I can overreact to it as well.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Who does Svoboda think he is fooling? If he waits a couple days that costs him and his client money. This guy is an idiot.

None of this sideshow is at Jagr's hands.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by RxBandit66 »

jamespensfan wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:Someone needs to take Jagr and make him look at all the people on this site wanting him back, all tpb tributes and commenters wanting him back, people on facebook/twitter, and show him how much we want him back here.
That will not mean jack sh*t to him, nothing, nada.
I'm not so sure about that. If the Pens and Wings offer equal amounts of money, it will be the sentimentality and the iconic status that Jagr has earned for playing 11 years in Pittsburgh that may sway his decision.

The only way he says "no" to the Pens is if he got a much better offer elsewhere. Most likely, Jagr and the Pens have already agreed on a contract in principle, but there may be certain incentives to be worked out, and Svoboda wants to get the most out of the Pens as he can in that area. For example, if Jagr signs for a base salary of 1.4 million but it could go as high as say 2.5 million in incentives if he has a great season, they may just be hashing out exactly what those terms are. So it might not be as simple as Jagr just texting Shero and saying "yes."
fleury495
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by fleury495 »

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. I mean if he signs with the pens at noon tomorrow for the original deal then maybe i'll believe it was worked out before hand and they knew, but if he takes longer than 1 in the afternoon i think shero will have many more offers out there at that time. I think it all comes down to how long he wants to take to decide. One comment I really don't understand is when svoboda said "his hearts in pittsburgh" so does that mean his wallets in detroit?
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

Most have full 360 on this First, few want Jagr, then growing support, then most on board were excited to welcome him back, now most have turned back to not wanting this clown back. Count me in that category.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

SCrosby87 wrote:

This is exactly what I was thinking. We don't need jagr. Would have been great to have him but he pulled a jagr. We should have seen this coming. He's not the type of player to join a team where he's not the guy. He never was and never will be. Looks like fl or oilers will offer him some absurd amount of money and he will come up with some bs excuse to justify his actions. F*** jagr.
This is more on Svoboda than Jagr. Svoboda has been very manipulative during this process. I can't completely put it on Jagr.
Dave's_a_Killer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Dave's_a_Killer »

Streaks House wrote:
SCrosby87 wrote:

This is more on Svoboda than Jagr. Svoboda has been very manipulative during this process. I can't completely put it on Jagr.
I agree. Who does Svoboda think he is Drew Rosenhaus? (sp.)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Tico Rick wrote:If Jagr's not signed by noon, there's no way in hades is Shero going to waste any more time on him. Shero learned his lesson the hard way with Hossa, and he's not going to make that mistake again.
Agreed. Come noon, Shero should start talking to other FA's. We do not want another Hossa fiasco where we waited so long, there was no one left.
fleury495
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by fleury495 »

jamespensfan wrote:Most have full 360 on this First, few want Jagr, then growing support, then most on board were excited to welcome him back, now most have turned back to not wanting this clown back. Count me in that category.
+1 :thumb: However, I want his talent. I don't want his drama.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

DelPen wrote:Who does Svoboda think he is fooling? If he waits a couple days that costs him and his client money. This guy is an idiot.
Exactly.

From a 'max the offers' perspective, he should be saying exactly the opposite "we're taking the offers we've received by noon Friday and making a decision at that point" so that each team feels urgency to make their best offer. Saying they're a few days out not only will take some teams out of the race due to other signings, but will also leave the teams still in the race thinking they have time to increase their offer. Don't understand it.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

DelPen wrote:Who does Svoboda think he is fooling? If he waits a couple days that costs him and his client money. This guy is an idiot.

None of this sideshow is at Jagr's hands.
BS. His agent works for Jagr.

Jagr doesn't like that? Tell Petr to beat street and sign with someone yourself.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by NJ5934 »

I think there is alot to be said for a Ranger team with cap space not wanting anything to do with him.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by dman66 »

It is on both of them. Jagr is a grown man. He can end this when he wants. Same with Svoboda.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Streaks House wrote:
SCrosby87 wrote:

If Jagr was an 18 year old rookie, or even an early 20s player dealing with his first negotiation, I'd feel sorry for Jagr and agree. JJ is 39 years old, he is been around the block. It maybe Svoboda jerking everyone around, but Jagr's an adult who's been in the game long enough to tell his agent enough with the crap, fire his agent, etc. It's not like there is a gag order that says Jagr can't speak either. Even something as him personally saying it is a tough decision, yadda yadda. He's not. He's hiding, not letting anybody really know where he is, and he's letting his agent be his voice. Jagr is every much to blame as his agent. Svoboda works for him, not the other way around. If Jagr wanted to stop the insanity, he could.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

Sarcastic wrote:
Tico Rick wrote:If Jagr's not signed by noon, there's no way in hades is Shero going to waste any more time on him. Shero learned his lesson the hard way with Hossa, and he's not going to make that mistake again.
Agreed. Come noon, Shero should start talking to other FA's. We do not want another Hossa fiasco where we waited so long, there was no one left.
I understand this thought, and I trust Shero. I'm all for spending that $2M on someone with as much potential value to this team, if Shero can find that guy. I just don't know any other wings out there with as much potential production upside that we'll get for roughly the same $, without taking a risk on giving someone who has shown *some* potential for more a long-term deal.
Rico Fata

Post by Rico Fata »

this **** is taking way too long ugh. **** jagrwatch
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

NJ5934 wrote:I think there is alot to be said for a Ranger team with cap space not wanting anything to do with him.
These aren't your father's NYR. They are a completely different team and organization than the last Jags go-around. They are one of the better teams the past few years cultivating from within and not throwing $ at older past-their-prime guys.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

People calling calling immature need to look in the mirror. Their lack of patience over a FA before the deadline to even sign is ridiculous. Who is RS going to sign? Simon Gagne? Lol.
Last edited by AlexPKeaton on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by winger »

Did we ever determine where this man is other than North America which includes Canada, the U.S. and Mexico? I wonder if the media team is descending now to set up the presser? There is no reason for him to have come to "North America" other than hockey related announcements IMO. (regardless of what the decision is, I just want it made for closure)