Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by pens2005 »

Lesky wrote: ---
Lowballing Jagr makes no sense for the short-term (this year) and is a disaster for the egacy of one the finest players the Penguins will ever have had on the roster. I think Lemieux and Shero owes it to the club and fans to make everything possible to make this homecoming happen!

Jagr has his share of course too, but the Penguins need to take the first step and really ensure Jagr that they want him and WHY etc.
---
If Lemieux were requesting the same comeback, would we have held him ransom in the same way? I say hell no. And I think its wrong to do it to Jaromir!
By offering Jagr a contract they ensure him that they want him. Suggesting that they should up the ante just to make him feel wanted is laughable at best. You are coddling Jagr up and down this thread like the little baby that he is. If he wants to feel wanted, tell him to call his mommy. Shero doesn't owe the fans anything to make this particular deal happen. He is strapped for cash with the cap as it is and can ill-afford to negotiate any more with Jagr than what he already has.

This team is stacked up and down the roster without Jagr, and he has ALREADY done everything in his power to help ensure this. Signing Jagr now becomes some sort of priority so that the big baby can come back and restore his legacy here? Moreover, we need to up the offer so that we "for sure, most definitely, super duper promise" that we really want him?

If what you say is true about him needing to feel wanted to even the slightest degree, then I think Shero should tell him to pound salt. Enough is enough.

Shero gave him the offer, take it or leave it. He needs to know. Delaying his decision is just a typical dick move by the Jagr camp. He and his agent are proving they are anything but first-class here.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Post by Bob McKenzie »

"Tomorrow I bring Christmas to Pengvins fans."
browniefan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by browniefan »

Lesky wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:New Rossi Story:
http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/20 ... -by-mario/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shero quote:
“Petr thought the decision would be made by Wednesday; I never put a deadline on it, Shero said. “I said that certainly us, and probably a lot of other teams, would want to know by the start of free agency – that I’d like to have an idea of what’s going on.”
Hopefully this shuts up all the people that been claiming how Jagr is first class prick and dirtbag for not even respecting the deadline Shero gave him! He brought an incredible amount of Jagr hate out of the people! I am actually convinced Shero brought it up to cut Jagr some slack.

So it was pleasing that Shero adressed it. But why was Rossi running with the "deadline" story like a madman?
Jagr still is a ***** bag, Lesky. What is with the deliberation? Why the difficult decision? If he said his heart was in Pittsburgh or he wanted to play here, then why the delay?

Whether or not there was a deadline, Jagr taking this down to the wire proves, for the ump-teenth time, that he is a spoiled, immature, drama queen.
So every player that wants to make the most money possible is a "spoiled, immature, drama queen."

I repeat once again: you can say Jagr is greedy or you can say he simply wants market value.

But going on with the other crap just shows that you are disrespectful since its totally uncalled for.

That is exactly the kind of hating we could do without.
But Jagr and his agent said it isn't about the money. So either he's a spoiled, immature, drama queen or a liar. You choose.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

Who wins in a steel cage death match? A Hossa to Detroit thread, or a Jagr to Detroit thead????
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

Lesky wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:New Rossi Story:
http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/20 ... -by-mario/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shero quote:
“Petr thought the decision would be made by Wednesday; I never put a deadline on it, Shero said. “I said that certainly us, and probably a lot of other teams, would want to know by the start of free agency – that I’d like to have an idea of what’s going on.”
Hopefully this shuts up all the people that been claiming how Jagr is first class prick and dirtbag for not even respecting the deadline Shero gave him! He brought an incredible amount of Jagr hate out of the people! I am actually convinced Shero brought it up to cut Jagr some slack.

So it was pleasing that Shero adressed it. But why was Rossi running with the "deadline" story like a madman?
Jagr still is a ***** bag, Lesky. What is with the deliberation? Why the difficult decision? If he said his heart was in Pittsburgh or he wanted to play here, then why the delay?

Whether or not there was a deadline, Jagr taking this down to the wire proves, for the ump-teenth time, that he is a spoiled, immature, drama queen.
So every player that wants to make the most money possible is a "spoiled, immature, drama queen."

I repeat once again: you can say Jagr is greedy or you can say he simply wants market value.

But going on with the other crap just shows that you are disrespectful since its totally uncalled for.

That is exactly the kind of hating we could do without.
No, but it's ok to say, "F you, we need to move on" You suggest we need to keep coddling him to make his decision easier. To that, I laugh.

This is the kind of hating we could do without? Stop making this out to be a kindergarten class. He said it wasn't about the money. Yet now the offer has been there for two days and now he isn't sure? He's a clown.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Gentlemen, gentlemen: please! This thread is for emotional rollercoasters and wild speculation only. Take the awkward confrontations to the political thread.

Thank you.
adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by adambpsu »

This thread has something in it for everyone - you can't go wrong clicking on this thread.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by dman66 »

If Jagr signs with another NHL team, the boo's he got here in the past will pale in comparison. If Jagr wants market value, then he should have let the Pens know that. There was no reason to even bring Mario in if that is the case.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I find it funny that people think Jagr and Shero don't know already what he is doing. Jagr would not come to the US unless he was going to be at a press conference tomorrow. No one would take that time to fly here on a chance he will get signed and then go to that city. Shero knows right know and has known since Tuesday what Jagr is doing.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

dman66 wrote:If Jagr signs with another NHL team, the boo's he got here in the past will pale in comparison. If Jagr wants market value, then he should have let the Pens know that. There was no reason to even bring Mario in if that is the case.
He initially said it wasn't about the money, very clearly in fact. He added that he was interested in Pittsburgh as well. Now the Jagr-apologists are suggesting that he just wants fair market value.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Post by Bob McKenzie »

Guinness wrote:Gentlemen, gentlemen: please! This thread is for emotional rollercoasters and wild speculation only. Take the awkward confrontations to the political thread.

Thank you.
I speculate that Jagr is holding out and negotiating with Shero to make him trade Kennedy in a package at the deadline for Hemsky since he always wanted to play with him.

Kunitz - Crosby - Hemsky
Neal - Malkin - Jagr
Cooke - Staal - Dupuis
Asham - Letestu - Adams

:scared: :pop: :scared:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Guinness wrote:Gentlemen, gentlemen: please! This thread is for emotional rollercoasters and wild speculation only. Take the awkward confrontations to the political thread.

Thank you.
RON PAUL IS A LOON

:scared:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

LOL, Hemsky...there's a name I haven't seen in PR in quite some time
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

DelPen wrote:I find it funny that people think Jagr and Shero don't know already what he is doing. Jagr would not come to the US unless he was going to be at a press conference tomorrow. No one would take that time to fly here on a chance he will get signed and then go to that city. Shero knows right know and has known since Tuesday what Jagr is doing.
Jagr is going to sign somewhere tomorrow, that is for sure. No one is denying that. But this whole think has stunk from the beginning. Otherwise, when his agent wouldn't keep saying, "but wait, he may not decide today, but probably tomorrow....oh wait, probably not today but definitely tomorrow"

If you don't laugh at how they are handling this then I'm not sure what you've been paying attention to.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

shafnutz05 wrote:

Thank you.
RON PAUL IS A LOON

:scared:
[youtube][/youtube]
Unbeliever
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Unbeliever »

Well, the thing that is weird about all of this to me is that Jagr has pretty much said straight out that he would sign with the pens, not in so many words but seriously. First the statement that if Mario called and asked for him to come play he would play for the minimum salary, then the talk about how he has mario to tank for his career, then the talk about his heart being in Pittsburgh and then the talk about money not being an issue.

There are only two possibilities. Either Jagr has already made up his mind since before he ever left Europe and he will sign with the pens, or he's a *****bag who said all of that simply to get attention from other clubs. If money is not an issue, then why would he still weigh the alternatives. If he had said nothing of the stuff above, then everything would be fine, he would just be shopping for a deal. But in the light of all the stuff he did say he painted himself into a corner. He is an icon in Pittsburgh, but if he signs elsewhere now he will go down in team history in the same manner as Hossa. It seems weird that Jagr at the end of his career would choose a bit extra salary or whatever else over his legacy.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

pens2005 wrote:
dman66 wrote:If Jagr signs with another NHL team, the boo's he got here in the past will pale in comparison. If Jagr wants market value, then he should have let the Pens know that. There was no reason to even bring Mario in if that is the case.
He initially said it wasn't about the money, very clearly in fact. He added that he was interested in Pittsburgh as well. Now the Jagr-apologists are suggesting that he just wants fair market value.
If it was about the money, he'd have already signed in KHL, since he isn't, logically I have to concede that to him.

I also still believe that his statements about wanting to play in Pittsburgh are true. However, unless I missed something, I don't think I ever read that he wanted to play in Pittsburgh over any other potential NHL spot, all circumstances aside.

Maybe he is torn over what team truly gives him the best chance to win. Maybe he is torn over which team he thinks he will play the best with, given their personnel. Maybe he is torn over whether or not to take what seems to be a somewhat lesser chance of winning in order to play with his BFF Tommy Pleks. Any of these could be true and his statement about wanting to play in Pittsburgh could also be true... it just comes down to which 'want' rises to the top.
pens2005 wrote:This team is stacked up and down the roster without Jagr
lol, minus the ha-uge gaping hole at our top 2 RWs, OK.
jogr4909
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by jogr4909 »

Jagr said two years ago he would play for league min to thank
Mario for giving him a start; now this drama?
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

This thread contains heroin
winger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by winger »

Perhaps Mr. Jagr has Mrs. Jagr and baby Jagrs to consider in his decision? (I am completely unaware of this if someone knows)
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

pens2005 wrote:
Lesky wrote: ---
Lowballing Jagr makes no sense for the short-term (this year) and is a disaster for the egacy of one the finest players the Penguins will ever have had on the roster. I think Lemieux and Shero owes it to the club and fans to make everything possible to make this homecoming happen!

Jagr has his share of course too, but the Penguins need to take the first step and really ensure Jagr that they want him and WHY etc.
---
If Lemieux were requesting the same comeback, would we have held him ransom in the same way? I say hell no. And I think its wrong to do it to Jaromir!
By offering Jagr a contract they ensure him that they want him. Suggesting that they should up the ante just to make him feel wanted is laughable at best. You are coddling Jagr up and down this thread like the little baby that he is. If he wants to feel wanted, tell him to call his mommy. Shero doesn't owe the fans anything to make this particular deal happen. He is strapped for cash with the cap as it is and can ill-afford to negotiate any more with Jagr than what he already has.

This team is stacked up and down the roster without Jagr, and he has ALREADY done everything in his power to help ensure this. Signing Jagr now becomes some sort of priority so that the big baby can come back and restore his legacy here? Moreover, we need to up the offer so that we "for sure, most definitely, super duper promise" that we really want him?

If what you say is true about him needing to feel wanted to even the slightest degree, then I think Shero should tell him to pound salt. Enough is enough.

Shero gave him the offer, take it or leave it. He needs to know. Delaying his decision is just a typical dick move by the Jagr camp. He and his agent are proving they are anything but first-class here.
Why is it laughable to try to sign Jagr at market value? It might very well be good for team at the same as its good for Jagrs Penguins legacy. Giving Jagr a little special treatment BEFORE signing the deal is not hurting anyone but the haters pride - and like I described there are many obstacles for Jagr to overcome if he signed with the Pens. So therefore it might take a little extra effort. You are exaggerating and making fun of stuff that is going on in most contract negotiating.

If you are a fan of Sheros take it or leave strategy, fine. But don´t tell me we are not going to miss out on players that would have given bang for the bucks even if Shero would have upped his offer a bit. Shero surely thinks the postive outweighs the bad, but Jagr is such a special player for the organisation that we shouldn´t risk missing out on him to possible save 0.5 million. Jagr merchandise will get that money back to the Pens in no time.

We will still spend the money on someone else, and the free agent pool sucks, so chances are we end up with something worse.

You are just taking everything and making it look bad, what objective viewers calls regular negotiating your calling "immature and dick move".. Its just impossible to argument against such idiocity.
Last edited by Lesky on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by dman66 »

pens2005 wrote:
Oh I know the story. It's just getting ridiculous now. I just want an answer at this point and am anxious to see how Shero moves on if he doesn't wind up signing.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Ben Klingston wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Check out the item location.....
someone needs slapped
browniefan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by browniefan »

Ben Klingston wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
dman66 wrote:Maybe he is torn over what team truly gives him the best chance to win. Maybe he is torn over which team he thinks he will play the best with, given their personnel. Maybe he is torn over whether or not to take what seems to be a somewhat lesser chance of winning in order to play with his BFF Tommy Pleks. Any of these could be true and his statement about wanting to play in Pittsburgh could also be true... it just comes down to which 'want' rises to the top.
Or maybe he's the same coach-killing clubhouse cancer he's always been. Why risk wrecking the lockerroom for the sake of 50 points. Sign someone else.