Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
winger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by winger »

Tico Rick wrote:I was doing errands in the real world for two hours. I come back 15 pages later, and nothing has changed.
The thing that strikes me about my real world is that nobody here even knows who JJ is and yet I am consumed with it and it is so delightful.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Gaucho wrote:Wait, three-year deal?
Talking about Kennedy, not Jagr.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Guinness wrote:
Wut?
“He could really push the envelope here if he wants, but he’s made it clear this is where he really wants to play,” Shero said. “Hopefully we can find something by tomorrow, whether it’s a one-, two- or three-year deal that makes sense."

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/20 ... -by-mario/
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Guinness wrote:
Wut?
Not in this city...
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Guinness wrote:
Shero said he is hoping that Jagr has “meant what he’s said by wanting to do right by Mario (Lemieux).”
That statement right there is like when Michael brought Frank Pentangeli's brother over from Sicily. I love the subtle intimidation of it. ;) :lol:
Its pretty hilarious yes. The question is? Does it make Jagr feel guilty and increase or chances our does Jagr think "WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY SHERO SPEAKING OF MY AND MARIOS BUSINESS"? I think the chance is bigger that it rubs Jagr the wrong way and I believe Jagr already feels Shero does not want him that much.
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

Guinness wrote:
Shero said he is hoping that Jagr has “meant what he’s said by wanting to do right by Mario (Lemieux).”
That statement right there is like when Michael brought Frank Pentangeli's brother over from Sicily. I love the subtle intimidation of it. ;) :lol:
so who does Shero bring in for the intimidation?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

pittsports87 wrote:
Talking about Kennedy, not Jagr.
Oh, geez, I completely missed that one crucial sentence. :face:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Gaucho wrote:
Guinness wrote:
Wut?
“He could really push the envelope here if he wants, but he’s made it clear this is where he really wants to play,” Shero said. “Hopefully we can find something by tomorrow, whether it’s a one-, two- or three-year deal that makes sense."

That was about Tyler Kennedy?
adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by adambpsu »

Lesky wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Guinness wrote:
Wut?

Yeah. This is the line above the quoted section. "Shero said discussions for Kennedy’s camp on a new deal were down to “short strokes.”"
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

Gaucho wrote:
Guinness wrote:
Wut?

reading rossi's little "blogger info" thing on the right side makes him seem absolutely pathetic.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Lesky wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Guinness wrote:
Wut?

Yep, my bad.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

The longer I go without an update from Shero, the more skeptical I become. It's encouraging that he still believes he can sign Jagr.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

pittsports87 wrote:New Rossi Story:
http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/20 ... -by-mario/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shero quote:
“Petr thought the decision would be made by Wednesday; I never put a deadline on it, Shero said. “I said that certainly us, and probably a lot of other teams, would want to know by the start of free agency – that I’d like to have an idea of what’s going on.”
Hopefully this shuts up all the people that been claiming how Jagr is first class prick and dirtbag for not even respecting the deadline Shero gave him! He brought an incredible amount of Jagr hate out of the people! I am actually convinced Shero brought it up to cut Jagr some slack.

So it was pleasing that Shero adressed it. But why was Rossi running with the "deadline" story like a madman?
Last edited by Lesky on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Guinness wrote:
Did Jagr actually say that exact phrase or do you think its "summary" of what Jagr has said of Mario? I am shocked that not more people are commenting on this particular sentecne, its very vital and puts it all on the line.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

If you add Lesky to your foe list, this thread drops down to 7 pages
Last edited by meow on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

reading rossi's little "blogger info" thing on the right side makes him seem absolutely pathetic.
He's single ladies!
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Lesky wrote:Hopefully this shuts up all the people that been claiming how Jagr is first class prick and dirtbag for not even respecting the deadline Shero gave him!
No, but I have a multitude of other reasons for doing that.

I'm hoping Jagr to MTL. That would be the most hilarious possible outcome (and best for the Pens). This thread sucks.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

Lesky wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:New Rossi Story:
http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/20 ... -by-mario/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shero quote:
“Petr thought the decision would be made by Wednesday; I never put a deadline on it, Shero said. “I said that certainly us, and probably a lot of other teams, would want to know by the start of free agency – that I’d like to have an idea of what’s going on.”
Hopefully this shuts up all the people that been claiming how Jagr is first class prick and dirtbag for not even respecting the deadline Shero gave him!

So it was pleasing that Shero adressed it. But why was Rossi running with the "deadline" story like a madman?
Shero was quoted as saying that yesterday was "decision day" for Jagr. I guess some of us took that to mean "deadline."
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

I'm off to the gym then maybe I'll stop for a couple cold ones, this thread has added about 65 pages since I first checked around 7:15 this morning. I wonder where it'll be when I get back later tonight
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Doug: After the insanity of yesterday, what would you say are the chances of Jagr signing with the Penguins? Better than 70 percent, or worse? And have you ever covered anything more bizarre than that?

Dejan Kovacevic: Actually, Doug, the truly odd thing about yesterday, if you really look at it, is that nothing happened. Jaromir Jagr got on a plane and arrived in the U.S. late. Everything else was just the fuss over not knowing.

Yes, I think Jagr will sign with the Penguins. There are way too many people who feel that way for me to feel otherwise. That's why we reported the story as we did this morning.

sms: is this mystery with jagr a sign of things to come....

Dejan Kovacevic: Again, the guy's plane was late. Could have been a missed connection. Could have been the turtles at JFK. All the angst and drama was on our end, not his.

Read more: Dejan Kovacevic chat transcript - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1QnxNopCL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Lesky on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I'm currently enjoying being in the midst of an 18 hour streak of not posting in this thread.

D'oh!!
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Guinness wrote:
Personally, I think the statement does have its entertainment value. However, to use it during what's still billed as good-faith negotiations is, in my opinion, not appropriate or smart. For me, tactics like these would be a big reason not to sign a contract.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

I've spent entirely too much time in this thread today. I've had enough.
SidsBroDave
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SidsBroDave »

Daniel87 wrote:I've spent entirely too much time in this thread today. I've had enough.

You'll be back!!!!
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

SidsBroDave wrote:
Daniel87 wrote:I've spent entirely too much time in this thread today. I've had enough.

You'll be back!!!!

They always come back