Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Myriad
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by Myriad »

Well we can only hope that we get closure tomorrow I guess
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

take 2 for number 68 coming soon!
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by westside »

canaan wrote:
westside wrote:So.. 267 pages to say basically... Jagr has interest in the Pens and other teams. NO decision made public. No timetable for when decision will be made. Am I missing anything else?
The jagorim jarg picture is pretty quality
:fist:
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

IronDukes37 wrote:
spiritfan wrote:i cant even think what other plausable post could generate this many posts and reads... Crosby comming out of the closet?... NHL folding?... Penguins trade for Eric Staal and Marc Staal?... Mario buys Flyers and then disbands franchise?... Crosby changes his jersey number?... team owner Sidney Crosby threatens to move team to Nova Scotia?... ice hockey is dead cause refrigerant is banned causing holes in ozone layer?... Bob Errey is the only voice heard during tv broadcasts?... Pittsburgh Penguins change name to Westinghouse Reactors?
Mark Madden hired as Penguins Head Coach?
might make a great coach with his head up all the players ass's
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

2008 's plan B was Ruslan Fedatenko & Miro Satan...it worked for the penguins. I know that GM Ray Shero has a plan B because he never wants to lose a game 7 by 1-zip again.

If I see the headline that Sid has been skating for a week or 2~ it will be a great day!
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

anybody go back and read the very early pages of this thread?... HA ha
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Goalie »

malksby8771 wrote:
Goalie wrote:
iceolater wrote:I agree with a lot of you on the board..this is out of hand with Jagr. I wish Shero would tell them we are pulling the offer. I thought the agent said it wasn't about the money? What's the hold up? Obviously it isn't ice time?.......We can trade or get others who are younger and less drama to fill out our teams role. Heck we almost made it to the conference without Sid and Geno. I would take Chris Drury for numerous reasons to help fill the roles not too mention, he doesn't bring drama....So Ray..."Tell em' to......" wait..another Jagr rumor coming up in a sec!
Other than signing Kennedy Shero can not sign any other wingers until tomorrow at noon. What is the rush on Jagr's decision? The Penguins would like to know but Jagr is under no pressure to tell them. If the Penguins really cared about knowing yesterday they could have pulled the offer today. They did not so its obvious that its not that big of a deal to them to know even by tonight. Things get a lot more serious at noon tomorrow, until then no one is really under the gun to make a decision.

The money offered to Kennedy and Jagr is not going to change based on the decisions Kennedy and Jagr make. It appears that the Penguins want to sign both of them so they obviously are comfortable with what they have offered them and how it will fit under the cap. Its not that complicated.
This.

You're right on, Goalie. No need to pressure Jagr anymore into making a decision until tomorrow.
The only thing they can pressure Jagr with is pulling the offer but if they have made him the offer they obviously feel he can help the team so why pull the offer at a time when they can not sign anyone else. The Pens have no leverage to have Jagr make a decision until noon tomorrow when they can go sign someone else.
Myriad
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Myriad »

westside wrote:
canaan wrote:
westside wrote:So.. 267 pages to say basically... Jagr has interest in the Pens and other teams. NO decision made public. No timetable for when decision will be made. Am I missing anything else?
The jagorim jarg picture is pretty quality
:fist:
This definitely has been an amazing thread, although I think racchis rug is my favourite
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

malksby8771 wrote:TIOPS_DePaoli Will DePaoli
Jagr tidbit: #pghpenguins intend to keep their offer on the table until 12:00 pm tomorrow and into free agency if need be.

Phew. This is good news for sure.
Even though I always like to believe the exact opposite of what he says because it's got a better chance of being correct. I don't really think this would be all that far off. IMO they've got no reason to pull the offer. Just leave it on the table and when noon hits go about your business, if Jagr calls back you handle it at that point. The pens won't ever have to retract their offer they just might not have any space left by the time he makes his mind up.

That being said I have a feeling the NHL might have stepped in and tried to keep all parties quiet for a while and this gets done right at 12 tomorrow.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

penny lane wrote:2008 's plan B was Ruslan Fedatenko & Miro Satan...it worked for the penguins. I know that GM Ray Shero has a plan B because he never wants to lose a game 7 by 1-zip again.

If I see the headline that Sid has been skating for a week or 2~ it will be a great day!
I hated that plan B...hard to say they worked...Shero paid Satan $3.5Mil that year :o
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

If Shero did offer him $1.3-$1.5 mil he should be ashamed of himself. That's a ridiculous offer.
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

could this post possibly act like a black hole and encompass the entire LGP into one thread?
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

KG wrote: I hated that plan B...hard to say they worked...Shero paid Satan $3.5Mil that year :o
Equal value for this pic alone:

;)
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

Seems like just yesterday we were at 168...
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

beerman wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:TIOPS_DePaoli Will DePaoli
Jagr tidbit: #pghpenguins intend to keep their offer on the table until 12:00 pm tomorrow and into free agency if need be.

Phew. This is good news for sure.
Even though I always like to believe the exact opposite of what he says because it's got a better chance of being correct. I don't really think this would be all that far off. IMO they've got no reason to pull the offer. Just leave it on the table and when noon hits go about your business, if Jagr calls back you handle it at that point. The pens won't ever have to retract their offer they just might not have any space left by the time he makes his mind up.

That being said I have a feeling the NHL might have stepped in and tried to keep all parties quiet for a while and this gets done right at 12 tomorrow.

RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Shero: Jagr's agent says #Pens "very much in the mix." No decision yet, but Shero won't pull offer. Story to post soon #tribpens

Looks like Rossi agrees. Then again, you wouldn't be far off to believe the exact opposite of what he says too. :wink:
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

chances of some jckss wearing a 68 Jagrwatch jersey this season?
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

PensOnDVD wrote:If Shero did offer him $1.3-$1.5 mil he should be ashamed of himself. That's a ridiculous offer.
Why? We could sign Mike Rupp instead? :face:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Daniel87 wrote:Seems like just yesterday we were at 168...
Well it was just yesterday.
SidsBroDave
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SidsBroDave »

I'd say plan b worked pretty good!!!
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

spiritfan wrote:chances of some jckss wearing a 68 Jagrwatch jersey this season?
100%
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

wouldnt it be awesome if this goes iinto the weekend unresolved... or if Jagr does sign but the NHL says paperwork messed up and jagrwatch is restarted?
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Shero hopes Jagr "meant what he said by wanting to do right by Mario." Story to post soon. #tribpens
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Shero believes #Pens offer to Jagr is competitive with others. Story to post soon. #tribpens
1 minute ago
:!:
Last edited by Lesky on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
winger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by winger »

columbia wrote:Ken Holland seems far more excited about Lidstrom than Jagr:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... &id=120049" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not that I blame him.
I said the very same thing.. I felt like he was just blowing off their Jagr questions... how wude Mr. Holland.
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

PensOnDVD wrote:If Shero did offer him $1.3-$1.5 mil he should be ashamed of himself. That's a ridiculous offer.
but Jagr said he would play for the minimum?