Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by marek »

Goalie wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:
flame wrote:does anyone know what detroit offered him?
Mark Madden said between 2.5 and 3M today on his show. This is along the lines of what we've been hearing for a while now, up to today we were all pretty much hearing 2M from the pens 2.5-3 from the wings, but now Pierre McGuire came out of nowhere and said we offered around 1.3-1.5M. This would mean the Red Wings Offer is double the Pens offer, which was loosely mentioned in this article from Kuklas Korner last night...

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/t ... ittsburgh/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or Svoboda has at least told the Penguins that their offer to Jagr is unacceptable as he believes Detroit can double it (which is ridiculously in “hard to believe” territory), so he’s continuing to negotiate with Ray Shero to garner more favorable terms.

(Again, from last night)
Good to know that Pierre is over the trade of Mike Richards and is in public again. I was really worried about him.
He's going to concentrate on his duties at NBC... which means finding a place in LA to follow his man crush
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Ken Holland seems far more excited about Lidstrom than Jagr:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... &id=120049" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not that I blame him.
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Goalie »

malksby8771 wrote:TIOPS_DePaoli Will DePaoli
Jagr tidbit: #pghpenguins intend to keep their offer on the table until 12:00 pm tomorrow and into free agency if need be.

Phew. This is good news for sure.
I know Jagr Watch has reached epic proportions but I am not sure why anyone is surprised by this. Shero has consistently made offers to players based on what he thought was fair and fit in with the Penguins structure. Most of the time these offers are slightly under market value because the core of the Penguins is in place and these players have to want to be here. Shero never makes a move to overpay players.

The Penguins are actually pretty easy to understand during free agency. Shero noted that he made Talbot an offer and he declined. Shero was not going to raise the offer so he moved on and looked to trade Talbot's rights. It appears Shero made Rupp and offer, he declined and Shero moved on to Asham. Shero has a number in mind for Kennedy and that offer is not going to automatically double just because Jagr does not sign. That's a panic move that would hurt the Pens moving forward and Shero will not do that sort of thing.

The offer to Jagr is the offer, if he does not accept it the Pens will go to plan B.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Lesky wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:TIOPS_DePaoli Will DePaoli
Jagr tidbit: #pghpenguins intend to keep their offer on the table until 12:00 pm tomorrow and into free agency if need be.

Phew. This is good news for sure.
Not really. Shero just protecting himself from public backslash.
Whatever the motive, this means there is no deadline problem preventing Jagr from signing with us. If this is true, then it narrows down the reasons why Jagr wouldn't sign with us.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

KG wrote:Really no reason to only offer Jagr $1mil or $1.3mil. They can afford more then that easily w/out getting in the way of signing TK (or someone from RS's replacement list)...

Pens aren't in cap hell to where they should low ball Jagr like that...
Havent you heard?

Pens should lowball him because they want to see how badly he will play here - regardless if he is better than other alternatives at like 2-2.5 million.

People want Jagr to somehow pay back for what he did in 2000 - even if it means getting a less player at the same salary.

The only "hater" that realizes this is in fact tonysoprano (and he hates Jagr like no one else as we now - so that speak volumes)
Last edited by Lesky on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Lesky wrote:
KG wrote:Really no reason to only offer Jagr $1mil or $1.3mil. They can afford more then that easily w/out getting in the way of signing TK (or someone from RS's replacement list)...

Pens aren't in cap hell to where they should low ball Jagr like that...
Havent you heard?

Pens should lowball him because they want to see how badly he will play here - regardless if he is better than other alternatives at like 2-2.5 million.
You've been right on all day today, Lesky. Couldn't agree more. That lowball offer better not be the case, otherwise Shero got sum splainin to do...
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

We're taking Peewee McGuire's word on the amount of the offer as gospel because why? Because it gives us another reason to be hysterical?
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by helmespc »

I'm still waiting for #souraywatch to start.
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

i cant even think what other plausable post could generate this many posts and reads... Crosby comming out of the closet?... NHL folding?... Penguins trade for Eric Staal and Marc Staal?... Mario buys Flyers and then disbands franchise?... Crosby changes his jersey number?... team owner Sidney Crosby threatens to move team to Nova Scotia?... ice hockey is dead cause refrigerant is banned causing holes in ozone layer?... Bob Errey is the only voice heard during tv broadcasts?... Pittsburgh Penguins change name to Westinghouse Reactors?
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Goalie »

iceolater wrote:I agree with a lot of you on the board..this is out of hand with Jagr. I wish Shero would tell them we are pulling the offer. I thought the agent said it wasn't about the money? What's the hold up? Obviously it isn't ice time?.......We can trade or get others who are younger and less drama to fill out our teams role. Heck we almost made it to the conference without Sid and Geno. I would take Chris Drury for numerous reasons to help fill the roles not too mention, he doesn't bring drama....So Ray..."Tell em' to......" wait..another Jagr rumor coming up in a sec!
Other than signing Kennedy Shero can not sign any other wingers until tomorrow at noon. What is the rush on Jagr's decision? The Penguins would like to know but Jagr is under no pressure to tell them. If the Penguins really cared about knowing yesterday they could have pulled the offer today. They did not so its obvious that its not that big of a deal to them to know even by tonight. Things get a lot more serious at noon tomorrow, until then no one is really under the gun to make a decision.

The money offered to Kennedy and Jagr is not going to change based on the decisions Kennedy and Jagr make. It appears that the Penguins want to sign both of them so they obviously are comfortable with what they have offered them and how it will fit under the cap. Its not that complicated.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Lesky has over 500 posts in this thread :shock:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

helmespc wrote:I'm still waiting for #souraywatch to start.
He's getting a job in the customer service department, at the Comrie home improvement empire.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

HomerPenguin wrote:We're taking Peewee McGuire's word on the amount of the offer as gospel because why? Because it gives us another reason to be hysterical?
:lol:

Yea, no reason to believe what he said. Though, I am biased because I don't want to believe Shero would lowball Jagr that much. Doesn't seem to make sense and Shero is a pretty smart GM and wouldn't want to let Jagr go for a price he could easily afford to match (around 2M).
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by westside »

So.. 267 pages to say basically... Jagr has interest in the Pens and other teams. NO decision made public. No timetable for when decision will be made. Am I missing anything else?
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

spiritfan wrote:i cant even think what other plausable post could generate this many posts and reads... Crosby comming out of the closet?... NHL folding?... Penguins trade for Eric Staal and Marc Staal?... Mario buys Flyers and then disbands franchise?... Crosby changes his jersey number?... team owner Sidney Crosby threatens to move team to Nova Scotia?... ice hockey is dead cause refrigerant is banned causing holes in ozone layer?... Bob Errey is the only voice heard during tv broadcasts?... Pittsburgh Penguins change name to Westinghouse Reactors?
#crosbywatch in a couple of years will triple this thread.
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

this post has chunks of Lesky poo in it
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

spiritfan wrote:i cant even think what other plausable post could generate this many posts and reads... Crosby comming out of the closet?... NHL folding?... Penguins trade for Eric Staal and Marc Staal?... Mario buys Flyers and then disbands franchise?... Crosby changes his jersey number?... team owner Sidney Crosby threatens to move team to Nova Scotia?... ice hockey is dead cause refrigerant is banned causing holes in ozone layer?... Bob Errey is the only voice heard during tv broadcasts?... Pittsburgh Penguins change name to Westinghouse Reactors?
Crosby announce retirement because of post-concussion syndrome :pop:
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Goalie wrote:
iceolater wrote:I agree with a lot of you on the board..this is out of hand with Jagr. I wish Shero would tell them we are pulling the offer. I thought the agent said it wasn't about the money? What's the hold up? Obviously it isn't ice time?.......We can trade or get others who are younger and less drama to fill out our teams role. Heck we almost made it to the conference without Sid and Geno. I would take Chris Drury for numerous reasons to help fill the roles not too mention, he doesn't bring drama....So Ray..."Tell em' to......" wait..another Jagr rumor coming up in a sec!
Other than signing Kennedy Shero can not sign any other wingers until tomorrow at noon. What is the rush on Jagr's decision? The Penguins would like to know but Jagr is under no pressure to tell them. If the Penguins really cared about knowing yesterday they could have pulled the offer today. They did not so its obvious that its not that big of a deal to them to know even by tonight. Things get a lot more serious at noon tomorrow, until then no one is really under the gun to make a decision.

The money offered to Kennedy and Jagr is not going to change based on the decisions Kennedy and Jagr make. It appears that the Penguins want to sign both of them so they obviously are comfortable with what they have offered them and how it will fit under the cap. Its not that complicated.
This.

You're right on, Goalie. No need to pressure Jagr anymore into making a decision until tomorrow.
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

is a "F Jagr" thread allowed?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

pittsports87 wrote:Lesky has over 500 posts in this thread :shock:
Hahaha, over 1/3 of his posts in PPR.

EDIT: :scared: 268 :scared:
Last edited by Idoit40fans on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

westside wrote:So.. 267 pages to say basically... Jagr has interest in the Pens and other teams. NO decision made public. No timetable for when decision will be made. Am I missing anything else?
The jagorim jarg picture is pretty quality
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

anybody wanna start up a Jagrwatch addicts group?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

canaan wrote:
westside wrote:So.. 267 pages to say basically... Jagr has interest in the Pens and other teams. NO decision made public. No timetable for when decision will be made. Am I missing anything else?
The jagorim jarg picture is pretty quality
This thread started long before it was announced that Jagr had interest in returning.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Yes. Jagr is missing somewhere in North America.