Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by malksby8771 »

Dave's_a_Killer wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:TIOPS said Shero talked to Svoboda at 5pm, not much of an update, but at least we know we're still talking. Hopefully Shero is willing to up the offer to around or slightly less than what Detroit is offering.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story ... yet/39783/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post Gazette says the offer won't change from us.
Really? Dang. Link me, I didn't read this recently.
flame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by flame »

does anyone know what detroit offered him?
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by jimreb »

I just want it to be over....that's all
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by jimreb »

flame wrote:does anyone know what detroit offered him?
they offered him a chance to play in front of some really annoying fans and 26 weeks of unemployment checks
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

Drapers mother.
Dave's_a_Killer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Dave's_a_Killer »

malksby8771 wrote:
Dave's_a_Killer wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:TIOPS said Shero talked to Svoboda at 5pm, not much of an update, but at least we know we're still talking. Hopefully Shero is willing to up the offer to around or slightly less than what Detroit is offering.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story ... yet/39783/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone just linked it. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11181/11 ... z1QngptAlS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by jimreb »

I don't really think anybody knows what anyone offered him...let alone where Jagr actually is, not even his agent
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Tweets
MeBeKristyna Kristyna Brozova
#JagrWatch Jagr has told teams his decision, but because of contractual obligations, he cannot make it public until tomorrow. The teams know
Fail. Contract obligations?
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Mark Madden said between 2.5 and 3M today on his show. This is along the lines of what we've been hearing for a while now, up to today we were all pretty much hearing 2M from the pens 2.5-3 from the wings, but now Pierre McGuire came out of nowhere and said we offered around 1.3-1.5M. This would mean the Red Wings Offer is double the Pens offer, which was loosely mentioned in this article from Kuklas Korner last night...

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/t ... ittsburgh/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or Svoboda has at least told the Penguins that their offer to Jagr is unacceptable as he believes Detroit can double it (which is ridiculously in “hard to believe” territory), so he’s continuing to negotiate with Ray Shero to garner more favorable terms.

(Again, from last night)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Hawkeynut wrote:
Lesky wrote:Eklund just said the Flyers were in hot pursuit of Jagr!
If that happens, Pens fans in Vancouver will riot!
Both of them
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by jimreb »

Wonder if Shero told Svoboda to have some respect and not call him after 5 PM
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Dave's_a_Killer wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:
Dave's_a_Killer wrote:

Someone just linked it. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11181/11 ... z1QngptAlS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ah. Read that but skipped over that part, thanks. I guess our offer is pretty firm. Hopefully its 2M and not 1.3-1.5 like McGuire is saying.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Lesky wrote:
Tweets
#JagrWatch Jagr has told teams his decision, but because of contractual obligations, he cannot make it public until tomorrow. The teams know
That person has 110 followers and this is her bio:
I want to live forever, so far so good. My alter egos blow Nicki Minaj's out of the water. I like animals, music and daydreaming. I'm going to change the world.
I am pretty sure she was daydreaming when she thought that actually happened and everyone on LGP has more credibility.
adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by adambpsu »

pittsports87 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
Tweets
That person has 110 followers and this is her bio:
I want to live forever, so far so good. My alter egos blow Nicki Minaj's out of the water. I like animals, music and daydreaming. I'm going to change the world.
I am pretty sure she was daydreaming when she thought that actually happened and everyone on LGP has more credibility.
Madden, is that you?
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Doogs »

Boogeyman wrote:Not going to lie, I was "rooting for the story" as Savaran said in regards to the melodrama that would be a jagr return.

Not going to lie again. I think I've changed my mind. I want to hear that Shero hung up the phone on Svboda and refused to accept the numerous phone calls that followed, went in to free agency and signed someone else.
This. Just to see what it brings...except the signing of someone else unless his name is Ryder.
Last edited by Doogs on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

malksby8771 wrote:
Mark Madden said between 2.5 and 3M today on his show. This is along the lines of what we've been hearing for a while now, up to today we were all pretty much hearing 2M from the pens 2.5-3 from the wings, but now Pierre McGuire came out of nowhere and said we offered around 1.3-1.5M. This would mean the Red Wings Offer is double the Pens offer, which was loosely mentioned in this article from Kuklas Korner last night...

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/t ... ittsburgh/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or Svoboda has at least told the Penguins that their offer to Jagr is unacceptable as he believes Detroit can double it (which is ridiculously in “hard to believe” territory), so he’s continuing to negotiate with Ray Shero to garner more favorable terms.

(Again, from last night)
Earlier in the week Lebrun said our offer was around $1M.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

TIOPS_DePaoli Will DePaoli
Jagr tidbit: #pghpenguins intend to keep their offer on the table until 12:00 pm tomorrow and into free agency if need be.

Phew. This is good news for sure.
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Goalie »

malksby8771 wrote:

(Again, from last night)
Good to know that Pierre is over the trade of Mike Richards and is in public again. I was really worried about him.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Lesky wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:

(Again, from last night)
Earlier in the week Lebrun said our offer was around $1M.

Yea he said he believed the offer was low and inferred that meant less than $1M. No other credible source has heard anything close to that low until McGuire today.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

malksby8771 wrote:TIOPS_DePaoli Will DePaoli
Jagr tidbit: #pghpenguins intend to keep their offer on the table until 12:00 pm tomorrow and into free agency if need be.

Phew. This is good news for sure.
Not really. Shero just protecting himself from public backslash.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Really no reason to only offer Jagr $1mil or $1.3mil. They can afford more then that easily w/out getting in the way of signing TK (or someone from RS's replacement list)...

Pens aren't in cap hell to where they should low ball Jagr like that...
iceolater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by iceolater »

I agree with a lot of you on the board..this is out of hand with Jagr. I wish Shero would tell them we are pulling the offer. I thought the agent said it wasn't about the money? What's the hold up? Obviously it isn't ice time?.......We can trade or get others who are younger and less drama to fill out our teams role. Heck we almost made it to the conference without Sid and Geno. I would take Chris Drury for numerous reasons to help fill the roles not too mention, he doesn't bring drama....So Ray..."Tell em' to......" wait..another Jagr rumor coming up in a sec!
fleury495
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by fleury495 »

jimreb wrote:Wonder if Shero told Svoboda to have some respect and not call him after 5 PM
:lol:
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

If the Wings or Habs are offering Jagr $3.5-$4.0mil and we are offering $1.5mil, then they probably shouldn't even have made him an offer...say what you want about someone, but asking someone to leave millions of dollars on the table is easier said then done...

Which is why i'd be surprised if the pens offer isn't in the $2.0Mil +range...