Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Jagr signs with turtles... Issued the first of his genuine Turtles equipment:
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

From a hockey standpoint, this signing is about as interesting as the Miro Satan signing. I really don't expect huge things from Jagr if he is signed.
winger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by winger »

Those TMNT skates have officially made my day.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

SERENITY NOW!
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

HomerPenguin wrote:
Lesky wrote:10 games in the playoffs is always an impressive feat. He looked pretty dominant too!
Yeah, totally. Ask Mike Cammalleri and his multiple Richard Trophies how predictive playoff stats can be.
LOL. Okay, go on stating leading the scoring during 10 games of the playoffs is completely meanless because it could basicly happen to anyone
over a 10 game stretch in the playoffs :thumb:
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Boogeyman wrote:Erhoff signed with Sabres if anyone cares. You should. They're not playing.
They traded for Regehr too and got a great deal in that trade IMO. They're going to be scary next season. Most likely no better than the 5 seed though and they will inevitably have to play the Pens or Flyers (depending on who wins the division) and get bounced in the first round.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

TheHammer24 wrote:From a hockey standpoint, this signing is about as interesting as the Miro Satan signing. I really don't expect huge things from Jagr if he is signed.
#satanwatch

I'm sure that's already being used on twitter for different reasons.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

HomerPenguin wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:From a hockey standpoint, this signing is about as interesting as the Miro Satan signing. I really don't expect huge things from Jagr if he is signed.
#satanwatch

I'm sure that's already being used on twitter for different reasons.
:thumb:
Dave's_a_Killer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Dave's_a_Killer »

Who is this Jagr guy anyway?
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

ExPatriatePen wrote:Jagr signs with turtles... Issued the first of his genuine Turtles equipment:
Nostalgia. Those red striped sega cases were gorgeous.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Czech media - Midnight (Central Europe) update:

Absolutely nothing new. Usually, the websites make one last update before their writers go to sleep. Everybody just quoted nhl.com, PostGazette or Tribune Review. iSport, which seems to be the only media in the world with direct access to Jagr's people, wasted their last update on lame Jagrwatch Twitter quotes. Unless something huge happens, the websites typically don't update until 6-7 AM.

So, here is at least yesterday's profile article on one of the chief protagonists of the drama:
http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... id%3D52989" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(whenever you read "Freedom" - that's just the direct translation of his last name)
Last edited by Tomas on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Lesky wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:
Lesky wrote:10 games in the playoffs is always an impressive feat. He looked pretty dominant too!
Yeah, totally. Ask Mike Cammalleri and his multiple Richard Trophies how predictive playoff stats can be.
LOL. Okay, go on stating leading the scoring during 10 games of the playoffs is completely meanless because it could basicly happen to anyone
over a 10 game stretch in the playoffs :thumb:
OK, I will. Thanks. Actually I'll also throw in the phrase "three years ago," if that's OK, since that was, you know, when it happened.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If anyone sees Jagr, please feed him.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Admin wrote:If anyone sees Jagr, please feed him.
To what? :pop:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jaromir Jagr is no closer to signing with the Pittsburgh Penguins than he was when we all woke up on Thursday morning. He's no closer to signing with the Detroit Red Wings, either. Really, he's not much closer to anything, except the irritability of the people that have to deal with the ongoing story.
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/6/30/2 ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Tomas wrote:Czech media - Midnight (Central Europe) update:

Absolutely nothing new. Usually, the websites make one last update before their writers go to sleep. Everybody just quoted nhl.com, PostGazette or Tribune Review. iSport, which seems to be the only media in the world with direct access to Jagr's people, wasted their last update on lame Jagrwatch Twitter quotes. Unless something huge happens, the websites typically don't update until 6-7 AM.

So, here is at least yesterday's profile article on one of the chief protagonists of the drama:
http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... id%3D52989" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(whenever you read "Freedom" - that's just the direct translation of his last name)
Thanks Tomas!
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

Lesky wrote:
Jaromir Jagr is no closer to signing with the Pittsburgh Penguins than he was when we all woke up on Thursday morning. He's no closer to signing with the Detroit Red Wings, either. Really, he's not much closer to anything, except the irritability of the people that have to deal with the ongoing story.
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/6/30/2 ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No offense my friend, but you might as well quote a bleacher report.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Admin wrote:If anyone sees Jagr, please feed him.
To what? :pop:
His ego.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Boogeyman wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Jagr signs with turtles... Issued the first of his genuine Turtles equipment:
Nostalgia. Those red striped sega cases were gorgeous.
:thumb:

Anyone up for a game of Streets of Rage? Or Golden Axe? Or Double Dragon? Or any Sega Genesis fighter game ever made?
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ILikeTurtles »

Do those come in mens size 10.5???????
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Jagr was last seen at Rogers Arena pumping up Luongos tires
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

I'm glad Shero doesn't seem to be obsessing over this, because if he sees a chance to go another direction and improve the team before His Majesty makes up His mind, he needs to move on it.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Boogeyman wrote:
Lesky wrote:
No offense my friend, but you might as well quote a bleacher report.
Lol. That was obviously the reason I was quoting that - the irony, that it was just laughable **** :lol:
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

I was hoping we would have signed Hordichuk. I like Asham. Hordichuk is a mad man though.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

So, when this thread hit 168 last night, did anyone think we would be fast approaching 268 before "the decision?"