Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by Lesky »

Henry Hank wrote:
ulf wrote:it's not really what shero thinks he is worth, but he doesn't have much more than that to spend. I don't believe it's a lowball offer, just kind of a "this is all we can do" kinda thing.
And that's exactly what Shero has said. And this comes after Jagr and his people said it's not about the money. If he really wants to be in Pittsburgh like he says and isn't coming back for the money, then he will take the offer. Hell, Jagr once said he'd play for $350,000 because he owed it to Mario. How can he be insulted by the Pens' offer if everything that comes out of his mouth suggests that they don't need to give him a big offer?
So you are saying we should sign someone else that is possible less of a player for 2.5 million because we want to hold Jagr ransom to his words from 2008? Is that really smart for the team? I can see how some people that hold a grudge to Jagr thinks that is the way to go, but I doubt its the best way to do business.

We need to find out just how badly Jagr want to play for the Pens? Does it mean he would not do a great job at 2 or 2.5 if he says no to 1.3?

Jagr should be given the same amount cash we would have given to a player of his caliber named Slobodan Slakovic.

The tactics suggested here is only being suggested because people have an axe to the grind and somehow wants to get back at Jagr.

They do not want Jagr back unless he plays damn cheap, and that might be bad business.
Last edited by Lesky on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sprtn55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sprtn55 »

WHEN WILL IT ENDDD ?!?!?!?! :scared: :scared:
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

Acc. to capgeek, the Pens have 11 forwards under contract (along with 7 dmen and 2 goalies), and $5.6 M in cap room. Allowing for a $1M cushion, that means they have about $4.6 M to sign 2 or 3 forwards. I'm not sure what Kennedy will bring after July 1; I'll throw out a ballpark guess of $2 M, but nobody crucify me if that's off. In that case, the Pens could sign Jagr for $2 M, Kennedy at $2 M, and have enough room for a 14th forward (Jeffrey, Conner...) at near minimum.

I'd expect Jagr to go something like 20-25-45 this year, assuming he can play about 65 games. $2 M is a decent deal for that.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Now Madden said that Rossi tweeted, and he reiterated, that people close to Lemieux state confidently that Lemieux believes Jagr will once again be a Penguin. This is the third time he's said it, I don't see Rossi's tweet of this, however.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

darkstar57 wrote:
BeerAndPeanutsHere wrote:I wouldn't care if they spent up to $3 million on Jagr for a year. Look at what we've spent on other old veterans in the past who were nowhere near the skills of Jagr. Didn't we pay 3.5 million for Miroslav Satan? Somewhere in the 2.5 million range for Petr Sykora? Billy G for ONE MORE YEAR. I really hope Mario wouldn't let Shero lowball Jagr at 1.3-1.5 million. I hope that's not true.
Different situations, the Pens had no real Top 6 wingers there outside of Kunitz, now we have both Kunitz and Neal, and the line of Kunitz - Crosby and Dupius was one of the best in the leagues until the day that shall not be named happened.

Also, if the Pens sign kennedy and want to fill out the rest of their team, there isn't much money.

Use your brains people
Even if we re-sign TK for 3 freakin M we still have I think 2.5-3M available for Jagr..
Last edited by Pens4Life on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Doogs »

LOL, KDKA just had an update. It was 15 seconds long and said essentially, yesterday it looked like the Pens, today we have no clue, but as soon as we do we'll tell you. HAHAHA
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

malksby8771 wrote:Now Madden said that Rossi tweeted, and he reiterated, that people close to Lemieux state confidently that Lemieux believes Jagr will once again be a Penguin. This is the third time he's said it, I don't see Rossi's tweet of this, however.
Hahahaha. They guy is a complete joke....Dear lord......Where have they found him? :face:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Doogs wrote:LOL, KDKA just had an update. It was 15 seconds long and said essentially, yesterday it looked like the Pens, today we have no clue, but as soon as we do we'll tell you. HAHAHA
How could it possible have looked anything else than the Pens when Jagr had not even seen his agent ans was on a god damn plane all day :)
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

So much hearsay, no concrete sources saying anything definitive. How much longer can this go on?
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

I'm simply suggesting that adding Jagr into the mix here isn't necessarily going to be a good thing. At his age, with his personality, it simply may be a bad mix. It doesn't seem like the Pens have ever been overly into the idea of bringing him in. It was Jagr and his agent, with the help of their pawn Rossi, that got everything going in Pittsburgh. The Pens talked it over internally for quite a while before they finally decided to even make an offer. Shero has his own priorities. He wants to keep the guys he can keep, and I'm sure there are other guys on the market he wants to target. He's not going to alter his plans because he might be able to get a guy who possibly isn't even a good fit here.

Another thing to keep in perspective, Lemieux at the same age as Jagr is now only put up 22 points in 26 games, and that was right out of the lockout when refs were calling everything and PPs were through the roof. Lemieux, at the age Jagr was at when he left the NHL, put up huge numbers during the clutch and grab era. An older, slower Jagr who's been away from the NHL game for three years surely is going to regress from the 70 point guy he was when he left.
sprtn55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sprtn55 »

Lesky wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:Now Madden said that Rossi tweeted, and he reiterated, that people close to Lemieux state confidently that Lemieux believes Jagr will once again be a Penguin. This is the third time he's said it, I don't see Rossi's tweet of this, however.
Hahahaha. They guy is a complete joke....Dear lord......Where have they found him? :face:
Madden's crazy mind has it's own version of twitter. :pop:
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

[youtube][/youtube]
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Doogs »

Lesky wrote:
Doogs wrote:LOL, KDKA just had an update. It was 15 seconds long and said essentially, yesterday it looked like the Pens, today we have no clue, but as soon as we do we'll tell you. HAHAHA
How could it possible have looked anything else than the Pens when Jagr had not even seen his agent ans was on a god damn plane all day :)
Oh I hear you my friend. I thought that the "Update" was a terrible tease to keep one watching, only to give them nothing.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Henry Hank wrote:I'm simply suggesting that adding Jagr into the mix here isn't necessarily going to be a good thing. At his age, with his personality, it simply may be a bad mix. It doesn't seem like the Pens have ever been overly into the idea of bringing him in. It was Jagr and his agent, with the help of their pawn Rossi, that got everything going in Pittsburgh. The Pens talked it over internally for quite a while before they finally decided to even make an offer. Shero has his own priorities. He wants to keep the guys he can keep, and I'm sure there are other guys on the market he wants to target. He's not going to alter his plans because he might be able to get a guy who possibly isn't even a good fit here.

Another thing to keep in perspective, Lemieux at the same age as Jagr is now only put up 22 points in 26 games, and that was right out of the lockout when refs were calling everything and PPs were through the roof. Lemieux, at the age Jagr was at when he left the NHL, put up huge numbers during the clutch and grab era. An older, slower Jagr who's been away from the NHL game for three years surely is going to regress from the 70 point guy he was when he left.
Jagr left the NHL with 15 points in 10 playoff games during the 2007-2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs. He was 36. It was the most points in the playoffs when the Rangers were eliminated. Crosby had 14 points, Hossa 14, Malkin 12.
Last edited by malksby8771 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sprtn55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sprtn55 »

IronDukes37 wrote:Just wondering, if Jagr does sign with Pens, who breaks the story? Who gets the scoop?

Molinari
Rossi
Bob McKenzie
Dreger
Pierre McGuire
Ron Cook

Who?
Pensblog posed as Ron Cook??
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

Henry Hank wrote:
BeerAndPeanutsHere wrote:1.3-1.5 million is an insult, especially when you look around and see how much money 3rd/4th line goons, below average players make. A healthy Jagr puts up 60 pts minimum. You can't get that kind of production for less than 2 million. And that's not even factoring in the idea of returning to his old team and retiring as Penguin on good terms.
It's a sign that Jagr has to come here on Shero's terms. He has to be willing to settle for less money so the Pens can sign their own players that they want to keep. They're not going to lose other guys who have been here to bring in a diva. Jagr and his agent are the ones that said it's not about the money. If they go somewhere else for an extra million or so, that's their greed and their meaningless words at work, not Shero's problem. The Pens don't need Jagr.
^
Best perspective on all this, in my opinion.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

sprtn55 wrote:
IronDukes37 wrote:Just wondering, if Jagr does sign with Pens, who breaks the story? Who gets the scoop?

Molinari
Rossi
Bob McKenzie
Dreger
Pierre McGuire
Ron Cook

Who?
:lol: That was so funny. It sucked though when I listened to the ustream podcast because it went to a stupid ad commercial right as Svoboda finally answered! I heard the end of the convo though. Just my luck I guess...
sprtn55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sprtn55 »

IronDukes37 wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:So much hearsay, no concrete sources saying anything definitive. How much longer can this go on?
they said decision at 6pm, so.....
Even if Jagr and Svoboda came out and said they were signing with the Pens, I'm not sure I would believe them until the contact was signed tomorrow. So I'm not convinced at all that a decision will be announced 40 minutes from now.
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ILikeTurtles »

the errey i breathe wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:Dejan_Kovacevic Dejan Kovacevic
@
@JoshYohe_Trib My #JagrWatch odds: #Pens 50%, #Habs 20%, KHL 15%, #RedWings 12%, lost at sea 3%. // Taken hostage by turtles, 1%
I think he's underestimating the turtles
I like them, their odds that is.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

IronDukes37 wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:So much hearsay, no concrete sources saying anything definitive. How much longer can this go on?
they said decision at 6pm, so.....
Who said this exactly?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

:scared:
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Doogs »

sprtn55 wrote:

Molinari
Rossi
Bob McKenzie
Dreger
Pierre McGuire
Ron Cook

Who?
Someone called in this afternoon and told him that the guys from TPB did that and he said he was flattered, but couldn't control what immature idiots do.
Dave's_a_Killer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Dave's_a_Killer »

The way I look at it, if he comes here fine, if not, we still have Crosby, Malkin, and a bunch of other players who can lead us to the promised land.