Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by Doogs »

IanMoran wrote:Not sure if anyone heard, but Mark Madden basically just talked about EVERYTHING in this thread (including the translations from Tomas) / then he taunted, "Have to give my main source credit, LetsGoPens.com, the official home of cop killers everywhere."

Apparently he is not going to let this die lol
Still don't know what that means!!! I was told to find the Pop-whateverhisnameis thread. Couldn't find it.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Lesky wrote:Pierre McGuire said on NHL Live that the Pens are only offering Jagr 1.3-1.5 million

Earlier in the week Lebrun said our offer was around $1M and McGuire seems to support that figure.

I would say thats a bit low if its true.
Given his TSN connections I would say its not out of the question its true. Shero would prefer if a higher amount is out in the press
in case he does not want to sign Jagr or if Jagr does not sign! Hard to find a good winger at that price!
Last edited by Lesky on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

IanMoran wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:No update coming today, per the Pens Blog.
Lol TPB is an inside source now? God, anyone can make these guesses and they get so much attention.

On a series note, anyone interested in starting a NHL rumor site with me? I bet we can make $
I'm game. Lets call it insidepittsburghsports. I bet it will be huge.
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pens#1 »

i cant believe they would low ball Jagr like that
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Lol TPB is an inside source now? God, anyone can make these guesses and they get so much attention.

On a series note, anyone interested in starting a NHL rumor site with me? I bet we can make $
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Doogs wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Announcement at 6:00 from a reliable source.
Well, they said reliable source, so....
An announcement from the Pens or Jagr? Big difference. I think MM said that Jagr could announce that he has agreed in principle, but not the Pens.
Dunno. That's all that Game_7 posted in the Jags thread on the PMB. His next post:
Announcement will be he is going back to Russia. I believe this is just him angling for more money which we all know will come from Detroit and not us
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by jeffshly »

If $1.3-1.5M is the best they offered on a one-year deal, I don't blame Jagr if he turns it down and it would mark the first time since he came here that I'd think Ray Shero really dropped the ball.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

IanMoran wrote:

You should post this again. I don't think anyone saw it the first two times.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

please stop talking about mark madden. he is transparently trying to piss people off around here, so we will all tune in to his crappy show.
BeerAndPeanutsHere
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by BeerAndPeanutsHere »

1.3-1.5 million is an insult, especially when you look around and see how much money 3rd/4th line goons, below average players make. A healthy Jagr puts up 60 pts minimum. You can't get that kind of production for less than 2 million. And that's not even factoring in the idea of returning to his old team and retiring as Penguin on good terms.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Henry Hank wrote:
WOW. Horrific offer. That's insulting as hell. Sure hope that's not true. Also, MM just said Svoboda says "Jagr has no deadline." This could go well into the morning. UGH!
I'm willing to bet Jagr doesn't even make his decision tomorrow. Everyday, it's been the same thing - they're going to talk soon, decision shortly. They've been saying that for a week. There's no reason to believe he's going to make up his mind anytime soon.

I don't think that's a terrible offer given that he and his agent have been saying that it's not about the money for him and that his heart is in Pittsburgh. If that's the case, prove it. Getting an extra million or two elsewhere shouldn't be the deciding factor after all the money he's made in his career. Furthermore, it'd be a sign that Jagr is willing to fit into this team. Shero often says that he tells the players that they might have to take a little bit less if they want to stay here. A lot have been willing to do that, some haven't. It's important that Jagr shows he's a team player and would be willing to be third fiddle, or lower, on this team. If he's not willing to do that, then he's not a fit here. It's a good ego check by Shero.

I agree with everything you said, but 2M is already a paycut IMO. I think other teams in the NHL could and would offer more if he hadn't expressed such openness to join the Pens. I kinda think for 2M, a guy who will no doubt score 60 points or more with us and retire as a Penguin thereby cementing his legacy here, is a more than fair offer.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

tonysoprano wrote:
IanMoran wrote:

You should post this again. I don't think anyone saw it the first two times.
I've already said 9999 times for some reason my comp. keeps making double posts (only in this thread) / not letting me delete them
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

npv708 wrote:
IanMoran wrote:

I'm game. Lets call it insidepittsburghsports. I bet it will be huge.
:thumb:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

You guys seriously need to stop taking every single word anyone says as gospel.

Just because Pierre says that they only offered 1.3-1.5 million doesn't make it true.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

BeerAndPeanutsHere wrote:1.3-1.5 million is an insult, especially when you look around and see how much money 3rd/4th line goons, below average players make. A healthy Jagr puts up 60 pts minimum. You can't get that kind of production for less than 2 million. And that's not even factoring in the idea of returning to his old team and retiring as Penguin on good terms.
:thumb:

Couldn't agree more, basically same thing I just posted.
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Post by darkstar57 »

There are a ton of rumors out there what the pens have offered, i have read everything from 1 million to 2.5 million.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by marek »

If by chance Pierre McNugget is right and the pens only offered JJ 1.3... it's no wonder this is getting dragged out.

If true... that's a freaking embarrassing low-ball offer and the Pens should be ashamed of themselves.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

1.3M - 1.5M offer for Jagr!?! Thats just awful! Why would we need a 3-4M salary cap cushion!?! I think RS can offer JJ better deal. 2.5M at least!
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Froggy wrote:please stop talking about mark madden. he is transparently trying to piss people off around here, so we will all tune in to his crappy show.
Eh, I know he is trying to do that, but I doubt it will create more listeners. I listen to him when everything else is on commercial tbh
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

BeerAndPeanutsHere wrote:1.3-1.5 million is an insult, especially when you look around and see how much money 3rd/4th line goons, below average players make. A healthy Jagr puts up 60 pts minimum. You can't get that kind of production for less than 2 million. And that's not even factoring in the idea of returning to his old team and retiring as Penguin on good terms.
It's a sign that Jagr has to come here on Shero's terms. He has to be willing to settle for less money so the Pens can sign their own players that they want to keep. They're not going to lose other guys who have been here to bring in a diva. Jagr and his agent are the ones that said it's not about the money. If they go somewhere else for an extra million or so, that's their greed and their meaningless words at work, not Shero's problem. The Pens don't need Jagr.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Ken Holland on NHL Network.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

jaysmiter wrote:You guys seriously need to stop taking every single word anyone says as gospel.

Just because Pierre says that they only offered 1.3-1.5 million doesn't make it true.

I sure hope it isn't. But it does give more clarity in this otherwise murky situation know to as all as #Jagrwatch.

Seriously, it makes sense. We lowball him, agent gets upset and closes off line of communication to the media last night and they both listen to other offers in the morning.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

JOGGER?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Ken: Discussions ongoing. Jaromir is "somewhere in the US". Sounds like he has no clue to what's going to happen, just like we here.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Would Svoboda give these guys and update after what they did last night? :lol: