Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by marek »

darkstar57 wrote:Maybe Mario asked Jagr to sring along Det as payback for Hossa
Interesting... but i doubt it...
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

If Brooks Laich got 4.5M per season, I'd assume Leino will get close to 4M. Jagr at 2M for 1 year >>>> Leino at 4M per, no matter how many years. [/quote]
I couldn't disagree with this more. No way I give up a young asset for one year with Jagr. That's just horrible asset management.[/quote]

What asset would we be giving up by signing a UFA? I don't get your point[/quote]
I thought the assumption was Jagr @ $2M for 1 year >>>>> Leino at $4 m per no matter how many years.

I disagree with that logic.[/quote]

I meant its a good idea for us, not the Flyers. The better move is to sign Jagr to a 1 year deal, let him retire as a Penguin, assume the cap will go up again next offseason, then make an offer to a winger even better than Leino (who isn't worth 4M per season for his one season of 53 points). A couple examples would include Alex Semin or Ales Hemsky. I'd much rather have either of them signed long term for <6M than Leino for <4M.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

Pens15 wrote:I can't remember who said it first, but the most likely scenario is that Jagr has indicated to the Pens that he would accept their offer (hence the leaks and the "friends of Mario") but Svoboda hasn't given up trying to get the Pens to cough up more money.
I agree with that being a likely scenario, or Svoboda trying to get Jagr more options before he signs the sheet.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Pens15 wrote:I can't remember who said it first, but the most likely scenario is that Jagr has indicated to the Pens that he would accept their offer (hence the leaks and the "friends of Mario") but Svoboda hasn't given up trying to get the Pens to cough up more money.
Which is fine with me, as that is his job.

However, if the Pens come back with a "we can't offer more", then Jagr better keep to his word that he is coming.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by marek »

newarenanow wrote:
littlemoonboot wrote:I think Svoboda is talking and shopping Jagr around to whoever...one of those buzz on the turd guys says he's going to be talking to Shero again soon. Whatever.
He is going to go back to the Pens and say "look, I have these offers, they are better than yours. My client wants to finish his career in Pgh, and he will do it below market value, but you need to step it up a little and make it more comparable."

And that is his job, and what he should do.

However, he should fully expect the Pens to say "we can't, see ya".

And then the ball is fully in Jagr's court.
"but its not about the money" LOL
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

nobody is getting "strung along". people are simply creating their own drama in place of the lack of information we have. like it was stated, Shero knows what he's doing. if kennedy is resigned, it's safe to say he turned his attention elsewhere. if not, I'm sure he is fairly confident of Jagr's decision.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

marek wrote:
Interesting... but i doubt it...
I extremely doubt it. They are professionals. Detroit did nothing wrong in the Hossa deal.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

newarenanow wrote:He is going to go back to the Pens and say "look, I have these offers, they are better than yours. My client wants to finish his career in Pgh, and he will do it below market value, but you need to step it up a little and make it more comparable."

This.

Very realistic, likely scenario.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

marek wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
littlemoonboot wrote:I think Svoboda is talking and shopping Jagr around to whoever...one of those buzz on the turd guys says he's going to be talking to Shero again soon. Whatever.
He is going to go back to the Pens and say "look, I have these offers, they are better than yours. My client wants to finish his career in Pgh, and he will do it below market value, but you need to step it up a little and make it more comparable."

"but its not about the money" LOL
Squeezing a few more pennies vs going to play for a crap team for huge money are two different things. He is doing the former and not the latter.
adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by adambpsu »

newarenanow wrote:

However, if the Pens come back with a "we can't offer more", then Jagr better keep to his word that he is coming.
That's the problem I have a problem with though. I'm just speculating from my perspective, but I would think that the agent would act based on the client's desires and demands. If Jagr wants to indicate his intent to Shero that he wants to sign come Friday, then that's that, no more discussions and Svoboda shuts up. I don't understand why the agent has a role in opposing his client if Jagr wants to commit to the Pens and disregard the other offers/discussions.
Last edited by adambpsu on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Pens15 »

newarenanow wrote:

True. If I were in Shero's shoes, I might be tempted to cough up a little more to seal the deal. But it's probably better he sticks to his guns.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

We already got out payback, by beating them in the cup that year.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

malksby8771 wrote: A couple examples would include Alex Semin or Ales Hemsky. I'd much rather have either of them signed long term for <6M than Leino for <4M.
If Shero signed Semin, I might seriously question my fanhood.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

All Jagr is doing at this point is making Ron Cook look smart.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

PensOnDVD wrote:All Jagr is doing at this point is making Ron Cook look smart.
Gotta hand it to him. Not a lot of people can do that.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

PensOnDVD wrote:All Jagr is doing at this point is making Ron Cook look smart.
I think if Jagr was stupid he would run straight to Pittsburgh and sign for whatever RS was offering.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

newarenanow wrote:

That sounds about right. And Shero's definitely not wringing his hands over this like we are.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Guinness wrote:
malksby8771 wrote: A couple examples would include Alex Semin or Ales Hemsky. I'd much rather have either of them signed long term for <6M than Leino for <4M.
This, and Semin is signed until next year.
Puck Drama
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Puck Drama »

I prefer Jagr signs with another team. It is easier to be let down on JUly 1st by him not signing, than Dec 1st by his half hearted play.
adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by adambpsu »

littlemoonboot wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

That sounds about right. And Shero's definitely not wringing his hands over this like we are.
I refuse to believe that Shero isn't following this thread.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by marek »

Guinness wrote:
+1
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Guinness wrote:
I would too. He is probably the only player in the entire NHL, or maybe ever, that I would quit being a Pen fan if he wore a Pens sweater as a player.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

newarenanow wrote:
Guinness wrote:
I would too. He is probably the only player in the entire NHL, or maybe ever, that I would quit being a Pen fan if he wore a Pens sweater as a player.
The glass at Consol would never be safe between him and Letang
Last edited by SolidSnake on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IncredibleMulk71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by IncredibleMulk71 »

deleted
Last edited by IncredibleMulk71 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.