TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

The Office related:
Spoiler:
James Spader is in talks to join The Office as initially taking over for Steve Carell, but then taking over Kathy Bates as CEO of Sabre.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/24/james ... ?hpt=hp_t2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

This extreme chef show:

dumb
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:The Office related:
Spoiler:
James Spader is in talks to join The Office as initially taking over for Steve Carell, but then taking over Kathy Bates as CEO of Sabre.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/24/james ... ?hpt=hp_t2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spoiler:
I stopped watching the Office during the Jim and Pam get married season, but I caught the season finale back in May. Spader probably was the best part of the entire show. He can do comedy.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I just started watching The Wire on HBO (been meaning to do this for a long time). Just finished season 1, and I thought it was excellent. I'm 3 episodes into season 2, and it's good, but doesn't have the same feel as season 1. I guess I am not feeling this whole shipping yard thing (or the characters involved in that story line) and hope for more Barksdale stuff.

For those that have seen the whole thing, in your opinion, what season was the best?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Season one was probably the best because it was new. I agree season two wasn't quite as good, but the following seasons are great. Three goes back to the streets more.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

It takes a bit to get into each season IMO because they are all somewhat different. Although I remember it taking me a bit to get into season 2 originally, I ended up enjoying it. It's hard for me to pick a favorite because I love them all. If you twisted my arm enough, I might go with season 4. But ask me again tomorrow and it might be different.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Didn't like season 2 that much. Didn't care about the characters.

Season 4 is the best. Don't listen to anyone that tells you otherwise
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Just read a plot summary of season 2. Some stuff I'd forgotten about that was in that season. I think the first episodes are so focused on the shipyard that the later stuff gets lost. Good stuff though. Makes me want to watch all of it again.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I am definitely going to start The Wire soon.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Weeds tonight was not too encouraging. It looks like it should be better than last year, but I don't know that it can rekindle the magic of the first two seasons.

The Big C probably should have stopped after one season. First season was really good, though.
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:The Office related:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I stopped watching the Office during the Jim and Pam get married season, but I caught the season finale back in May. Spader probably was the best part of the entire show. He can do comedy.
The show should have ended with their wedding or if you want to extend further, at least maintain a shred of dignity and end the series as soon as Michael told the camera crew at the airport, "Will you guys tell me if this ever airs?". That would have been kind of a cool ending. Instead, they're going to leave everyone with a rancid taste in their mouths whenever they think of the office.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

the biggest mistake the office ever made was accelerating the jim/pam relationship. they were dating for 10 minutes before they were engaged. there could have been a whole season of them struggling to make it work. but nah...let's get rid of both of their souls in one fell swoop
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

That's for everyone's input re: The Wire. I am sure that I will like season 2, but like I said, I just cannot get into all these port characters yet. And I hate Amy Ryan (ironically, because of the Office), so that probably doesnt help.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

BTW, the HBO Go app is awesome (at least for the ipad, not sure how it translates to iphones, droids, etc). Right now, they have every episode of every season of every original series on there. Awesome stuff.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:BTW, the HBO Go app is awesome (at least for the ipad, not sure how it translates to iphones, droids, etc). Right now, they have every episode of every season of every original series on there. Awesome stuff.
id like to see arliss on there, but the selection is pretty top notch.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

also, they need to update the app to include mirroring
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Wow, that is awesome. Just downloaded it.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

canaan wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:BTW, the HBO Go app is awesome (at least for the ipad, not sure how it translates to iphones, droids, etc). Right now, they have every episode of every season of every original series on there. Awesome stuff.
id like to see arliss on there, but the selection is pretty top notch.
I thought that a few may have been missing, but the list looks pretty complete to me. It seems like they have more movies and stand-up on the app too than what is available on-demand.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

there are a few that arent on there

John From Cincinnati
Tell Me You Love Me
Arliss
Ali G Show (i think)
Intreatment (i think im wrong on this one)
The Larry Sanders Show
Tales from the Crypt
The Mind of the Married Man
The Comeback
Lucky Louie
Unscripted
K Street
Tracy Takes On...
Dream On
Mr. Show with Bob and David

id love to watch lucky louie again (its a shame it got canned) and i do loves me some arliss.
it would also be nice to watch some of their hbo films movies from over the years (gotti, the rat pack, etc), but as it stands, the app is exceptional as is. cant wait to start watching carnivale all over again.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Yeah, your list looks pretty accurate, as none of those ring a bell in my head. Totally forgot about Lucky Louie. That show deserved another season. Im glad that I got it on DVD. Carnivale is next on my list to watch once I am done with The Wire.

BTW canaan, we have a mutual friend on facebook. And no, its not my/your brother :pop:
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Anyone catch Wilfred? It has potential
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Yeah, your list looks pretty accurate, as none of those ring a bell in my head. Totally forgot about Lucky Louie. That show deserved another season. Im glad that I got it on DVD. Carnivale is next on my list to watch once I am done with The Wire.

BTW canaan, we have a mutual friend on facebook. And no, its not my/your brother :pop:
hmmmm....care to elaborate? :pop:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Loaf31 wrote:Anyone catch Wilfred? It has potential
the first episode was enjoyable. i hope it doesnt get stale, which i fear it may
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

canaan wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Yeah, your list looks pretty accurate, as none of those ring a bell in my head. Totally forgot about Lucky Louie. That show deserved another season. Im glad that I got it on DVD. Carnivale is next on my list to watch once I am done with The Wire.

hmmmm....care to elaborate? :pop:
This person is female, Serbian, and had a birthday yesterday. I was on her wall b/c she replied to my happy b-day message, and I saw a name that looked familiar - which was you.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Party Down movie possibly in the works....

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Party-Down- ... 34689.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;