Lange v. Stags

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

Both Steigy and Lange are light-years ahead of 99% of the media clowns they put on national and most local football broadcasts.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I hated Lange, and hate Steigy equally. Id rather listen to army on the mic all game or something. Actually id rather hear nothing.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

I love Mike Lange. He has tailed off the past few years but is now doing great on the radio with Bourque. I think they really work well together and much better than Errey did with him the past few years. I also like Errey but he doesn't work as well with Lange. I think all that Lange needed was a little wake up call and since then he has gotten back to his old form. Unfortunately the only way to give that wake up call is to completely take him off the tv. I wish him and Bourque could do 6-7 games a year like Steigy and Errey did a few seasons ago.
poutine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by poutine »

Dan H wrote:Both Steigy and Lange are light-years ahead of 99% of the media clowns they put on national and most local football broadcasts.
All you need to do is spend a year with the Center Ice package and watch out-of-market games. And I'm not just talking about the RDS feed. We are actually blessed to have either Steigy or Lange.

I am surprised at how much Lange-bashing there has been here. He sold the game as much as Mario and Jags did. You want characters in the broadcast booth don't you? Sure beats a clean dry monotone ...