The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:I hate those ulrich commercials...the ones where the kids sing about killing rodents, it creeps me out.
I as well, but I think the shrilling kids singing and giggling bothers me.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I hate those ulrich commercials...the ones where the kids sing about killing rodents, it creeps me out.

Yeah...i totally forgot about how they break out in laughter at the end, i just keep thinking about how they finish with "three dead mice"....f'ng weird.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Troy Loney wrote:Did anyone go to the first annual Fan Summer Sports bash (or whatever its called)?
yes, only because I had game-used stuff from several penguins that I wanted signed.

Lines were very hit and miss. I got in line around 11:30 for Caufield and Bleier (they had a noon-1pm signing) and barely made the cutoff. I had him sign a pair of his old game-worn skates and he was amazed that somebody had a pair. Spent a minute or so talking with him about how Bauer renamed their skate models year after year in the early 90s. Lot of the guys seemed happy to be there and would sign more than one thing if asked, even though the people in yellow shirts from The Fan said only one. Tags was surprised that not only was there more than 1 of his game-used sticks in the building, but that "they weren't pulled from somebody's tomato plants".

The only person who I got in line for and didn't get a signature?

You guessed it, Franco Harris. They cut his line down three different times before going into the row of people waiting at about 4:45-4:50 and telling people he was done. I normally wouldn't care since these guys are doing this on their own time and probably are being compensated in some form, but being that he stiffed people in line well before the time scheduled, it was selfish on his part. I wasn't there for him anyways but decided to go into the line since there were only two people signing from 4-5; those two being the Honorable Dwayne Woodruff and the not-so-honorable Franco Harrah's.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

I think you are overblowing it
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
lol, we get those commercials down in Philly too. I posted about it last week I think...ridiculously creepy. I hate using kids to shill goods and services as it is, but this takes the cake.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Colony proposed trading martin for offense and cap relief. Giannotti doesnt agree with weakening a strength to address a weakness.

You'd have to take salary in return for martin...and probably some underperforming salary at that.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Troy Loney wrote:Colony proposed trading martin for offense and cap relief. Giannotti doesnt agree with weakening a strength to address a weakness.

You'd have to take salary in return for martin...and probably some underperforming salary at that.
I'm not sure offense is a weakness, to be honest. It certainly was with Sid and Geno injured, but nobody you'd trade Martin for would somehow mystically solve that problem were they both to get injured again.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Troy Loney wrote:Colony proposed trading martin for offense and cap relief. Giannotti doesnt agree with weakening a strength to address a weakness.

yeah i heard that and texted in, "have a top 5 defense, time to trade away one of the main pieces. Vomit." Obviously they didn't read that.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Pavel Bure wrote:

yeah i heard that and texted in, "have a top 5 defense, time to trade away one of the main pieces. Vomit." Obviously they didn't read that.
They never read anything that strongly disagrees with them I've felt. They read stuff that tows the line, and they can flip flop either way.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Franco's a carpetbagger. His free meal was probably ready.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

So does that guy have to wash jocks now?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

9 D Image Sheven
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:So does that guy have to wash jocks now?

OMG SEIBEL IS GOING TO WASH JOCKS....HOLY F'ING **** HE HAS TO THROW JOCK STRAPS IN THE WASHING MACHINE.

BIGGEST NEWS SINCE THE SUMMER SPORTS JAM!!!!!
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

the siebel and stary constant immature sexual innuendos and quasi homosexual comments are something that kenny the kangaroo can do without.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:the siebel and stary constant immature sexual innuendos and quasi homosexual comments are something that kenny the kangaroo can do without.
I wish Josh Miller had his own show, and just took calls. Dude seems like a person I'd like to actually have a conversation with.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Seibel is a major homophobe.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Malkamaniac wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:the siebel and stary constant immature sexual innuendos and quasi homosexual comments are something that kenny the kangaroo can do without.
I wish Josh Miller had his own show, and just took calls. Dude seems like a person I'd like to actually have a conversation with.
He was on about a week ago and ran the whole show doing that. Was pretty decent and seemed just like a bar type conversation. Very personable guy it seems.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
He was on about a week ago and ran the whole show doing that. Was pretty decent and seemed just like a bar type conversation. Very personable guy it seems.
Yea, and I liked it a lot more. Especially when he had that girl hang up if she didn't care for the call. That was different, and it cut down on the nonsense.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

If Charlie Morton reverts back to Chaz, i'm holding Alexander and Gianotti accountable for their blatant insults and attacks on morton about his song. We all know Morton has some thin skin....only a couple of loser jerkoffs like alexander and gianotti would do that. They need to be run out of town...how can I get started on that?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Seriously -- NO ONE GIVES A **** ABOUT THIS STUPID JOCKSTRAP THING. Stop talking about. Neil Walker, I am pissed at you for encouraging this.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I didn't think it was possible, but after this inane jock strap thing....i hate seibel and gianotti even more.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Yeah... wtf is that?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Troy Loney wrote:Seibel is a major homophobe.
Its borderline inappropriate sometimes. If I said some of things he says at work I would certainly be on a corrective action program
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Seibel is a major homophobe.
Its borderline inappropriate sometimes. If I said some of things he says at work I would certainly be on a corrective action program

being homphobic is still perfectly acceptable in most places around this city.