TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by shafnutz05 »

Random note, I saw Bobby Brown on an episode of the country version of Don't Forget the Lyrics....my god. I was shocked when I went online and saw he was only 42. He is nearly unintelligible.
cg9657

Post by cg9657 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Speaking of shows that were gunned down before their prime..

[youtube][/youtube]

Excellent show, I'm surprised anyone else remembers it. Ed was by far my favorite character.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:Random note, I saw Bobby Brown on an episode of the country version of Don't Forget the Lyrics....my god. I was shocked when I went online and saw he was only 42. He is nearly unintelligible.
Some one que in the "Cocaine is a hell of a drug" Rick James video.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

doublem wrote:Speaking of House. lisa edelstein will not be returning for the 8th season. That is going to be weird, no idea how they are going to write her out of the shoe.
Oh, really. That bites. I like her. I don't think I've ever seen her anywhere else. Wonder why she decided to leave. I'm sure the show pays well. I kind of am getting tired of House, however. He's a jerk. Has always been a jerk. I've had enough. I won't cry if they cancel it in the near future.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:Season 2 of the Glades starts Sunday. Love that show.
:thumb: White Collar starts Tuesday, so glad for the summer shows coming back.
White Collar was excellent. Great start to a new season. I was actually blown away by this first episode.

Covert Affairs sucked again just like last season. How the hell does a known Tennis star just disappear into witness protection never to be seen or heard from again. I think the media would wonder WTF happened to her.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Kraftster wrote:Glades... is that show really decent? I can't get past how much of a Dexter ripoff the commercials make it seem like it must be.
Glades is good. The main character is a very cool guy, unlike some other leading characters in similar shows. Watched all last season and I think I liked every episode. Girl is CUTE.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Anybody see last night's South Park? The show is supposed to go on hiatus until October but now I'm really wondering if it'll be back at all.
Spoiler:
Randy and Sharon's argument seemed to be Matt and Trey saying they're done. Or they could be trolling.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Sarcastic wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Glades... is that show really decent? I can't get past how much of a Dexter ripoff the commercials make it seem like it must be.
Glades is good. The main character is a very cool guy, unlike some other leading characters in similar shows. Watched all last season and I think I liked every episode. Girl is CUTE.
Agreedd, Callie is a cutie.

Anyone notice Reyland Givens wife on Franklin and Bash last night, shes a smokin hottie too.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I watched most of the Glades episode randomly, not sure why it was even on. It seemed decent. The guy's demeanor reminded me of Dexter (maybe because I thought it was a Dexter rip off) with his emotionlessness. Characters like that are usually either total hit or total miss. Seemed like it could be a cool show, though.

Edit: Oh, and I just saw a movie with the girl. Perfect Getaway maybe. Steve Zahn, Olyphant, Jovovich. A lot better than I expected, actually.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

I think its got really good potential, plus its not on a major network, which usually means less cookie cutter story lines and horrible music breaks while some lab tech does something none of us know what he's doing.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

I just started watching Archer. New favorite show.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

tifosi77 wrote:I just started watching Archer. New favorite show.
Archer is such a great show.

Started to watch Mad Men, pretty good so far.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

tifosi77 wrote:I just started watching Archer. New favorite show.
If I have nothing I feel like watching I just put season 1 in the PS3 and watch all the episodes over. Such a great show.

My favorite is definitely the air ship one.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Archer rules.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

canaan wrote:Archer rules.
:thumb:
Rylan wrote:My favorite is definitely the air ship one.
I agree. Although, season 2's gator one with Archer and Lana in the swamp runs a close second.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Anyone notice Reyland Givens wife on Franklin and Bash last night, shes a smokin hottie too.
I have had a big crush on her since she was on Dirty Sexy Money. She's kinda skinny and sorta looks like a wet rat a little bit, but there is something so hot about her I just can't take my eyes off!

Not sold on the show yet. Watched both episodes yesterday. First one was really bad, but this second one was really good. I don't like this cast. I would switch out half of it, starting with the two lawyers, the little black girl (she's 5'1 and I think she only got the job because of the short lawyer who's probably 4'6 himself), and the indian guy. Man, that's almost everybody. It looks like a cheap version of the excellent Defenders (that got cut, didn't it?).

I don't like the tall lawyer. He has a face that pushes me away for some reason. And the short one should be instead starring in a marijuana comedy.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I've been thinking about House. I think they made a mistake. I think they should have developed his character and the story where I thought it was going to go, which is to a nicer, milder, House and his relationship with Lisa. They could have had some funny stuff, a little bit more comedy, maybe something with the daughter. I mean, they're stuck. He's still the same jerk and nothing's changed in 7 seasons. It was fun in the beginning. He was outrageous. That grew old on me and now I mostly find him annoying. I think I'm a bit tired of the show.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

My favorite Archer episode is Terms of Enrampagement..... mostly because I spotted the Magnum P.I. homage before it was called out in the dialog. 8-)

I still think the funniest single line on the show is either Sterling fling the HR complaint against the new guy ("bwoop") or Mallory all hopped up on pain meds decrying immigrants for "riding around all day listening to raps and shooting all the jobs".

:lol:
Sarcastic wrote:I've been thinking about House. I think they made a mistake. I think they should have developed his character and the story where I thought it was going to go, which is to a nicer, milder, House and his relationship with Lisa. They could have had some funny stuff, a little bit more comedy, maybe something with the daughter. I mean, they're stuck. He's still the same jerk and nothing's changed in 7 seasons. It was fun in the beginning. He was outrageous. That grew old on me and now I mostly find him annoying. I think I'm a bit tired of the show.
I bailed on the show once he and Cuddy got together. Sure, it didn't last. But I felt it was a total jump the shark moment.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

nocera wrote:Anybody see last night's South Park? The show is supposed to go on hiatus until October but now I'm really wondering if it'll be back at all.
Spoiler:
Randy and Sharon's argument seemed to be Matt and Trey saying they're done. Or they could be trolling.
They're under contract for two more seasons.

I thought the same thing, should be interesting to see what happens.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

blackjack68 wrote:
nocera wrote:Anybody see last night's South Park? The show is supposed to go on hiatus until October but now I'm really wondering if it'll be back at all.
Spoiler:
They're under contract for two more seasons.

I thought the same thing, should be interesting to see what happens.
My buddy said he got the same vibe from the episode. He said that
Spoiler:
Sharon is tray and matt and comedy central/the fans are randy
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I know they're contractually obligated to produce at least the rest of this season, but I have a feeling it's not going to be the same old South Park if/when it comes back. Now, if that first episode back in October starts with "The exciting conclusion of tonight's episode of South Park....Will not be seen tonight, so we may bring you this Terrance and Phillup special" then we'll know they're trolling us.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Summer time = "watching my way through all of party down from my deck" time.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

Spoiler:
I liked the "Custer's Revenge" arcade game at the bowling alley.
Spoiler:
I just got done watching the whole episode. The last 5 minutes or so were actually emotional. I hope they aren't done, but that would be a hell of a series finale.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

[youtube][/youtube]

Lolz
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I am visually offended that they are doing yet another go around of Charlie's Angels.