***BEER WARS GAME THREAD***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: ***BEER WARS GAME THREAD***

Post by Malkamaniac »

redwill wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Any time there has ever been a person to claim they were "immune" to night kills, they are most likely bad. I don't trust redwill's claim, not to mention, if it doesn't help the village, it's for damn sure not good for us.
I came out with the truth and the details of my role under little pressure. Why would I do that, if I was bad? Vote me off if you want, because of my role, but you should nonetheless believe my claim. In fact, I honestly suspect there's someone out there who can verify it ...
Then if you're not asking for verification, why are you alluding it to be confirmed here? I believe that you're yellow, I just want to get the facts straight.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Malkamaniac wrote:Then if you're not asking for verification, why are you alluding it to be confirmed here? I believe that you're yellow, I just want to get the facts straight.

Man, you gotta know what I'm getting at. I'm trying to help the village here. Vote for me if you want to, but leave it at that.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

wut is this?

Will try to make of this nonsense in the am.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Kraftster wrote:Will try to make of this nonsense in the am.
Will try to make of this sentence in the am.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I mean, when it gets down to it, reds are enemies, and yellows are enemies. If we had a good feel on who was red, id be all for going after them, and letting Redwill live. As of now, I'm not sure anyone has a feel on possible reds, beside one of krafster and ps87.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

ulf wrote:I mean, when it gets down to it, reds are enemies, and yellows are enemies. If we had a good feel on who was red, id be all for going after them, and letting Redwill live. As of now, I'm not sure anyone has a feel on possible reds, beside one of krafster and ps87.
Well, there's one other thing to consider: It should be pretty obvious that I know who the seer is. I also happen to know who the angel is. I have not exposed those players. Would I keep that a secret if I was an enemy of the village?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Re PS87, here's a thought. Before there are a total of four votes, why don't you tell us what numbers you have picked each night. If it matches with the random number we picked and nothing happened, you might have some explaining to do. This is nice because if that explanation of your role was bs, you now have to pick random numbers just as you would have then and you and you have just as much a chance as hitting on the numbers one of us chose.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

redwill wrote:
ulf wrote:I mean, when it gets down to it, reds are enemies, and yellows are enemies. If we had a good feel on who was red, id be all for going after them, and letting Redwill live. As of now, I'm not sure anyone has a feel on possible reds, beside one of krafster and ps87.
Well, there's one other thing to consider: It should be pretty obvious that I know who the seer is. I also happen to know who the angel is. I have not exposed those players. Would I keep that a secret if I was an enemy of the village?
krafster has already come out as the angel. I'm assuming you can tell us if thats correct, then?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

This role claim by redwill is one of the strangest moves I've seen in a game in a long time since Malk went all crazy Oracle on everyone in Matrix wars and had a true Nostradamus moment. I can't remember a time where a "my goals align directly with the village" role claim as a yellow turned out to be true - Azkar in Snatch Warz comes to mind as the last I recall doing that, untruthfully and ultimately unsuccessfully.

Its a beyond puzzling move. It would be nice if we ever nabbed a red in this game to see what they are called, might help us in trying to figure out redwill.

In the end I would definitely be willing to get rid of him. He's experienced enough to know the level of confusion this would cause for the village, yet he's basically saying, I'm bored so I'm not going to worry about my individual goal, I am going to convert myself to a village aid. Saying that then making remarks like this:
redwill wrote:As soon as I saw that I was a "survivor," I knew I had no hope to win. Now I only want to help the village. I do. You should trust me. Really. I would.

Or not.
That's designed to confuse. I don't really see a reason to let him live unless we feel really good about someone else.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Kraftster wrote:I can't remember a time where a "my goals align directly with the village" role claim as a yellow turned out to be true
My goals do not align directly with the village. I'm trying to survive. I will be unsuccessful at that. I am not hurting the village.
Kraftster wrote:He's experienced enough to know the level of confusion this would cause for the village, yet he's basically saying, I'm bored so I'm not going to worry about my individual goal, I am going to convert myself to a village aid.
Village confusion? I don't see how it necessarily entails that. The village doesn't seem too confused at the moment. No more so than usual, at least. :lol:

Anyway, it's not my problem.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

This is really weird but I had a dream last night and for some reason I was playing Warz, and I got to see all of the PMs that beerman sent out. (Very interesting dream huh?)

Anyways I saw that redwill was red in my dream, so I am going with that

Slip Redwill a floorie
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

The canaan and redwill interaction is intriguing. redwill claims to know the seer and angel, i'm not sure if that is bs, but it seems as though redwill knows something, i wonder if his yellow claim is being used to confuse the bad guys.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Loaf31 wrote:This is really weird but I had a dream last night and for some reason I was playing Warz, and I got to see all of the PMs that beerman sent out. (Very interesting dream huh?)
You know you spend too much time on LGP playing Warz when you start dreaming about them :lol:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

ulf wrote:krafster has already come out as the angel. I'm assuming you can tell us if thats correct, then?
Um ... yes?

I can't imagine why I would do that, though.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

canaan is definitely at the top of my "lurking suspicion" list. I can't really articulate a reason for voting for him just yet, but he's the guy that's been in my mind all game as my best hunch.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Vote Count:

redwill - 2 - (canaan, loaf)
ps87 - 1 - (columbia)
Troy - 1 - (nan)
canaan - 1 - (redwill)
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

redwill wrote:
Kraftster wrote:I can't remember a time where a "my goals align directly with the village" role claim as a yellow turned out to be true
My goals do not align directly with the village. I'm trying to survive. I will be unsuccessful at that. I am not hurting the village.
Kraftster wrote:He's experienced enough to know the level of confusion this would cause for the village, yet he's basically saying, I'm bored so I'm not going to worry about my individual goal, I am going to convert myself to a village aid.
Village confusion? I don't see how it necessarily entails that. The village doesn't seem too confused at the moment. No more so than usual, at least. :lol:

Anyway, it's not my problem.
Its your problem if you want us to believe you and as a result, your problem if you want to try to play the role you were assigned (avoid being killed).

I don't take what you are saying at face value, thats certain and not going to change. I'm just trying to figure out what your play is here. It seems unnecessarily dangerous given who clueless we seem to be on the reds right now.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

redwill wrote:
ulf wrote:krafster has already come out as the angel. I'm assuming you can tell us if thats correct, then?
Um ... yes?

I can't imagine why I would do that, though.
I mean, he's already out as the angel, I can't imagine you saying if he actually is will change much.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I'd agree with ulf, I can't imagine why you wouldn't do that.

I'd like to be able to put the suspicion on me to bed so that its one less thing the village has to worry about.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

ulf wrote:
redwill wrote:I can't imagine why I would do that, though.
I mean, he's already out as the angel, I can't imagine you saying if he actually is will change much.
The Angel role has misdirection built into it. To be played effectively and for the good of the village, mystery has to surround any claims. I know that sounds evasive, but it's true, if you think about it.

Plus, it's a trump card I'll keep for my own purposes.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Kraftster wrote:I'd agree with ulf, I can't imagine why you wouldn't do that.

I'd like to be able to put the suspicion on me to bed so that its one less thing the village has to worry about.
Suppose I say that I know you are the Angel. Will the village believe me? Will that not add more confusion?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

redwill wrote:
Kraftster wrote:I'd agree with ulf, I can't imagine why you wouldn't do that.

Suppose I say that I know you are the Angel. Will the village believe me? Will that not add more confusion?
Fair point.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

For right now I'm willing to inebriate canaan, I'm leaning towards giving redwill a shot and following my hunch.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

redwill was pretty adamant against canaan. that's a pretty strong shift from wanting him dead to trusting him with who to kill.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I think if krafster wasn't the angel, Redwill would have came right out and refuted it. And if we believe one of kraft and ps87 are bad, then maybe ps87 would be a good vote? If we aren't going after redwill..