***BEER WARS GAME THREAD***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: ***BEER WARS GAME THREAD***

Post by shafnutz05 »

I really can't believe I'm leading the votes right now. There are about five or six unknown quantities out there that have contributed little or nothing this entire game, other than casting votes. I've tried to stimulate discussion and actually put together theories based on empirical evidence, and therefore I must be bad.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

There are too few people controlling the game right now.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Can somebody run me through PS87's role claim, or link to it? I can't find it.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Normally if someone role claims the angel, it's not a great idea to come out and refute that claim this early in the game. It's usually best to hold fast, and sooner or later, if the person that exposed themselves(lol) early by claiming, will get found out and killed on their own time.

The only risk with that of course, is that the red has a few days to posture their situation as well as their groups.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

mac5155 wrote:There are too few people controlling the game right now.
And that's the other thing. Loaf31, ulf, teib, etc have been virtually unheard of thus far. I know I have been in the discussion a lot, but I thought that was the point of the game.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

the wicked child wrote:The only night someone didn't die was the first night. So I don't see where this stuff about ps87 being protected is coming from...
Yeah, I don't either.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:I really can't believe I'm leading the votes right now. There are about five or six unknown quantities out there that have contributed little or nothing this entire game, other than casting votes. I've tried to stimulate discussion and actually put together theories based on empirical evidence, and therefore I must be bad.
I think you using big words in your posts make you bad. :scared:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

newarenanow wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I really can't believe I'm leading the votes right now. There are about five or six unknown quantities out there that have contributed little or nothing this entire game, other than casting votes. I've tried to stimulate discussion and actually put together theories based on empirical evidence, and therefore I must be bad.
I think you using big words in your posts make you bad. :scared:
nan is sick of going to dictionary.com for words like "stimulate" and "empirical"
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Malkamaniac wrote:Normally if someone role claims the angel, it's not a great idea to come out and refute that claim this early in the game. It's usually best to hold fast, and sooner or later, if the person that exposed themselves(lol) early by claiming, will get found out and killed on their own time.

The only risk with that of course, is that the red has a few days to posture their situation as well as their groups.
This is what I was about to say regarding the Angel claim. Obviously by drawing out the real angel, the reds gain a huge advantage.

I still can't read Kraft, but I doubt that this move would be employed this early in the game by the reds, unless they have recruiting power and can afford to lose one.

I'm sticking with shad for now.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

sober ps87

intoxicate Doc

I guess this is the only choice I have at this point. I have been participating the entire game...if I am in fact "red", it will be pretty easy to read. There are at least three "safe" votes at this point, players that have hardly been participating since the game started on Monday. I listed them above. If you are looking for a "safe" vote, don't vote off one of the few people that has actually been going back and trying to make logical conclusions out of what has happened thus far.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I always think that is one of the village's greatest downfalls to be honest. Kill off the players that provide logical thinking and then let the people who show up without participation 5 day phases later and start following what they have to say.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Vote Count:

3 - shad (nan, doc, canaan)
3 - doc (redwill, troy, shad)
2 - Kraft (ps87, mwb)
1 - ps87 (twc)
1 - mwb (mac)
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

my class is about to start and I won't be back on till the deadline is passed. I'm not too comfortable with anyone just yet, but I think doc is the best vote we have right now.

Intoxicate doc
Color plz
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

ulf wrote:my class is about to start and I won't be back on till the deadline is passed. I'm not too comfortable with anyone just yet, but I think doc is the best vote we have right now.

Intoxicate doc
Color plz
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Vote Count:

4 - doc (redwill, troy, shad, ulf)
3 - shad (nan, doc, canaan)
2 - Kraft (ps87, mwb)
1 - ps87 (twc)
1 - mwb (mac)
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I'll put my MWB theory to the side for now.

sober MWB

Intoxicate Doc

he's posting everywhere but in here.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Doc's been posting in here though...or are you talking about MWB?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Doc's been posting in here though...or are you talking about MWB?
No, Doc.. He hasn't posted much substance. But that's par for him.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Yeah, that stood out to me too. I have no evidence indicating Doc is good or bad, although I do disagree with one of his points:

DocEmrick wrote:I still can't read Kraft, but I doubt that this move would be employed this early in the game by the reds, unless they have recruiting power and can afford to lose one.

I'm sticking with shad for now.
I could not disagree with this more. What do the reds have to lose by having their first person that is headed for the gallows role claim? What does anyone have to lose by role claiming? If you are on your way to death anyway, do you really have anything to lose?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:sober ps87

intoxicate Doc

I guess this is the only choice I have at this point. I have been participating the entire game...if I am in fact "red", it will be pretty easy to read. There are at least three "safe" votes at this point, players that have hardly been participating since the game started on Monday. I listed them above. If you are looking for a "safe" vote, don't vote off one of the few people that has actually been going back and trying to make logical conclusions out of what has happened thus far.
You are really desperate to save yourself. Usually a blue is not that desperate.

Using that you are participating as a reason to keep you, and purposely switching your vote to tie it up, makes you even more suspicious IMO.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

NAN, what are you talking about?

I want to save myself because I am enjoying this game thus far, and I don't want to be killed off simply for participating.

As far as changing my vote....how does that make me more suspicious? Because I don't want to sacrifice myself for no reason?
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

shafnutz05 wrote: I could not disagree with this more. What do the reds have to lose by having their first person that is headed for the gallows role claim? What does anyone have to lose by role claiming? If you are on your way to death anyway, do you really have anything to lose?
What the hell?

if you have the power to recruit, you can afford to lose one. I've played like this before where I martyred myself to draw attention away from the other reds, as they stacked up votes on me, the reds were able to participate in my floundering. If you play this right, and can recruit, it's a win/win situation. The heat is off at least one, if not both of the remaining reds, and in the next few nights they will gain an extra.

By drawing out a role claim, if the real Angel comes in and says "Hey he's not the Angel," the reds at least know who the Angel is, and can go from there, though it's likely that the real Angel would protect himself.

Kill me if you want, but I am
beerman wrote:Congratulations you are just a regular drunk guy.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Posting from a PM is prohibited, that's another one of those really close and possibly over the line quotes Doc.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

:face:
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Modkill me, sorry beerman.