1 - doc (redwill)
1 - mwb (mac)
1 - ps87 (shad)
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: ***BEER WARS GAME THREAD***

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:I have no idea why I am being targeted for voting? I have tried to provide theories and reasoning for every one of my votes. Kraftster was acting very "off" to me, combined with bhaw's death, and I suspected him.

With Kraft's role claim, I knew we couldn't vote him today. I stated very clearly why PS87's "power", as he describes it, is more suited to a neutral assassin type player than a green RP. I could be wrong by that, but at least I stated an argument for it.

Again, I just don't know why I am being listed as a prime suspect.

you've got a nanattack
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

intoxicate doc

i'd rather try and call some other people out that have been flying under the radar.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Shaf, I don't think I ever considered you a "prime suspect", I don't know why you are getting that vibe with no more than one vote on you at any given time this round. I felt like the bhaw thing was very much a stretch and your comment on suspicion came after nan and mwb had articulated kraftster suspicion (without casting a vote). I perceived the bhaw reasoning as a reach, then you sprinkled in a suspicion comment and if your plan had been to get votes from nan and mwb, it worked.

You aren't a prime suspect in my eyes, you were one of five possible reds who struck me as reaching the most out of anyone with the bhaw reasoning. I'm happy to move on and look at the other four, including green-claimed ps87.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I was pretty suspicious of PS87's role claim in the first place.
But again...let's hear from him.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

yeah, what has Doc been up to this game?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

intoxicate ps87

As I mentioned last night, I don't think he is green.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Kraftster wrote:Shaf, I don't think I ever considered you a "prime suspect", I don't know why you are getting that vibe with no more than one vote on you at any given time this round. I felt like the bhaw thing was very much a stretch and your comment on suspicion came after nan and mwb had articulated kraftster suspicion (without casting a vote). I perceived the bhaw reasoning as a reach, then you sprinkled in a suspicion comment and if your plan had been to get votes from nan and mwb, it worked.

You aren't a prime suspect in my eyes, you were one of five possible reds who struck me as reaching the most out of anyone with the bhaw reasoning. I'm happy to move on and look at the other four, including green-claimed ps87.
Sorry - missed the nan vote.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I think I'd like to hear more from PS87. At this point, before I'd even want to vote I'd like to even see what he has to say. You can usually tell if a person is BS'ing about a role or not, so that's something I'd like to see even before I throw a vote down.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:I have no idea why I am being targeted for voting? I have tried to provide theories and reasoning for every one of my votes. Kraftster was acting very "off" to me, combined with bhaw's death, and I suspected him.

With Kraft's role claim, I knew we couldn't vote him today. I stated very clearly why PS87's "power", as he describes it, is more suited to a neutral assassin type player than a green RP. I could be wrong by that, but at least I stated an argument for it.

I've explained it numerous times. That is my reasoning. You, Kraftster, and Malks seemed to stick out as people that weren't regular villagers during the last vote.

Having Kraftster role claim green takes some heat off of him for now, so that leaves you and Malks.

I think you pushing the bhaw vote, which was pretty insignificant, seems like you are grasping at straws.

And now that you only have two votes on you, you are starting to get a little defensive a bit prematurely.

This is convincing me you are hiding something.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

shafnutz05 wrote:yeah, what has Doc been up to this game?
Software Updates that I was randomly given. Finished yesterday.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Vote Count:

2 - Kraft (ps87, mwb)
2 - shad (nan, doc)
2 - doc (redwill, troy)
2 - ps87 (shad, twc)
1 - mwb (mac)
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

:scared:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Well, we have two hours and 10 minutes to determine this. Looking at the options now:

Kraft - Roleclaimed as the angel, realistically can't vote for him today
Me - I'm blue, so whatever. I like to think I've contributed to the discussion.
Doc - No idea, tbh.
ps87 - Made a strange role claim that sounds more like a neutral player than anything else, IMO. And we haven't even addressed the issue of why hasn't he been targeted?
MWB - mac felt he made a bigger deal than necessary out of mac's toast to IE, but other than that, MWB hasn't stood out to me.

To me, it either has to be Doc or ps87.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shafnutz05 wrote: ps87 - Made a strange role claim that sounds more like a neutral player than anything else, IMO. And we haven't even addressed the issue of why hasn't he been targeted?
How do we square the fact that PS87 hasn't been target AND that Kraftster is claiming to be the angel?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:

you've got a nanattack
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

columbia wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote: ps87 - Made a strange role claim that sounds more like a neutral player than anything else, IMO. And we haven't even addressed the issue of why hasn't he been targeted?
How do we square the fact that PS87 hasn't been target AND that Kraftster is claiming to be the angel?
I'm not sure I follow...
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Every time someone uses a baby picture or a deal with it picture in defense to someone else, I laugh hysterically on the inside. Well played Nan.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shafnutz05 wrote:
columbia wrote:
I'm not sure I follow...
I would have thought the reds would have gone after PS87.
Yet he's here...so someone protected him? And Kraftster sure isn't claiming to have.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i dont trust doc, mostly because i dont understand what hes doing most of the time--id say that was a good thing, but he does equally insane stuff when hes just a blue guy. i dont have a read on him yet and dont feel comfortable voting for him at this time. that being said, ps87 as an independent has the most promise for me at this point, but id like to see him try and rope one of his buddy's into a trap before we send him off. shipping off a guy that has a lot of village doubt could limit information going forward, no? this isnt to say that he should go soon/eventually, but whats the harm in letting him talk more? Voting for kraftster at this point seems like a dumb play. if there were another angel, why wouldn't they out kraftster knowing they could protect themselves (then again, they might not be able to do so).

shad seems like the safest of the suspicious atm

Goldschlager shad
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

For those questioning my claim - I totally understand, the angel is the easiest role to claim, and I wouldn't expect full acceptance of my claim. The difficulty with believing an angel role claim is one of the reasons that I tried to send signals last night that it was a bad idea to vote for me, and I tried to direct the focus where my best guess lies right now.

I know we've seen some angels come right out in the past saying its more believable if you come out early. I feel like there is more to learn by waiting to see the discussion and the votes, trying to send some signals to see if anyone is willing to redirect their focus based upon the hints of green without a true claim (presumably those people would not be red). I felt I waited as long as I could to make the claim in order to get the votes off of me but also try to gather information for the village.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Normally if the angel protects someone, it is indicated in the writeup. I.E. "ps87 thought the end was near, and suddenly he was saved by an unseen hand".
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Vote Count:

3 - shad (nan, doc, canaan)
2 - Kraft (ps87, mwb)
2 - doc (redwill, troy)
2 - ps87 (shad, twc)
1 - mwb (mac)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

The only night someone didn't die was the first night. So I don't see where this stuff about ps87 being protected is coming from...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

columbia wrote:
To me:

1) If Kraftster isn't the angel, someone out there definitely knows that (the real angel), and I'm sure they will probably be protecting themselves and as the game progresses, will note this and nail Kraftster. So either Kraftster is telling the truth, or the truth will come sooner or later. But right now, there is no reason to doubt him.

2) I personally think PS87 is a neutral role, so to be honest, he doesn't pose a big threat right now because he needs to kill off reds too. Now, there may not be a town drunk for real, so I don't know if anyone else out there can dispute it like the scenario under Kraftster, but he didn't really react defensively or anything when columbia posted his "regular town drunk" thing, so personally, I think he was telling the truth. He's not off the hook, but I think there are better options IMO, especially after looking how Kraftster, shad, and Malks reacted after the last vote. And with Kraftster role claiming, I think my theory shows that those three were oblvious to columbia's claim and are role players, or at least have a good possiblity of being one.

That is why my focus is now on shad.