***BEER WARS GAME THREAD***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: ***BEER WARS GAME THREAD***

Post by columbia »

I don't have any hunches at this point.
Just more amused of how these always turn out to be such a good psychology experiment in finger pointing group behavior. :lol:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Kraftster wrote: Its funny how often this happens.

For example, earlier Troy remarked that ps87 was eager to find a target, too eager. In the same post, Troy finds himself a nice target, somewhat eagerly.

redwill makes a very good point about how long Gaucho has held on with no votes, when he could have been an easy target for the baddies. Meanwhile, redwill just got on the scene and goes right for Gaucho, and he could have orchestrated the entire delay.
:lol:

That's very easy for you to point out considering that I had three people on my case when I found myself a target.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Troy Loney wrote:
Kraftster wrote: Its funny how often this happens.

For example, earlier Troy remarked that ps87 was eager to find a target, too eager. In the same post, Troy finds himself a nice target, somewhat eagerly.

redwill makes a very good point about how long Gaucho has held on with no votes, when he could have been an easy target for the baddies. Meanwhile, redwill just got on the scene and goes right for Gaucho, and he could have orchestrated the entire delay.

That's very easy for you to point out considering that I had three people on my case when I found myself a target.
Right, but there's always a reason why the person exhibiting the behavior complained of is different than the complained of behavior.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Kraftster wrote: Right, but there's always a reason why the person exhibiting the behavior complained of is different than the complained of behavior.
Every game is a bit of a mind ****...This one has just started pretty early. :pop:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

it's just a function of the game. you act a lot more "suspiciously" when your being pressed. People show their hands and make more desperate moves when they're on the chopping block. It kind of forces us to show our hands.

I came on this morning and saw three people working together to contrive a pretty trite argument against me knowing that this would likely put me on a short list for this day phase.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

redwill wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Since I know how lynch mobs work I would certainly not be so stupid as to draw everyone's attention to me in such an obvious way if I were bad. That would be a really retarded way to prove how clever and brilliant and raffiniert I am. So if you think I'm a complete moron, vote for me.
Haha. I don't think you're a complete moron, but I'm still voting for you. It's not so much about what you did, but what the reaction was.

The way I see it, the baddies are always looking for reasons to jump on someone they know is not bad. You gave them a good reason, but no one jumped. In fact, several players came out to defend you. That leads me to believe that maybe they didn't jump on you because you're one of them. Anyway, I think it's good enough for a vote right now.
So the players that came out to defend me (if refusing to vote for me based on some 5th grader logic can be called "defending") are all bad ones? We must be a really stupid bunch then.

Come to think of it, in fact it was ps87 and MWB that jumped on someone as soon as anyone said anything. I don't think baddies to that, though. Baddies make sure NOT to jump on anyone early on, instead just going with the flow and trying to behave more or less inconspicious.

Anyway, whoever killed slappy should be very happy with himself right now. Except if it was me, of course.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

True enough, Troy. I nearly voted for ps87 when I agreed with your insight that he looked like he was trying too hard to find a target. I know it had nothing to do with wanting to find an early target, but I can see how it would certainly be perceived that way.

Maybe I'm still just a noob, but I find a lot of situations where that happens to me. I have a post typed saying that behavior X is suspicious, and I realize that I am exhibiting behavior X making the post. I happen to know its really not behavior X, but I always stop myself because I try to ask if the person I was originally suspicious of could have been doing the same thing. I always chuckle when that happens to me or I see it happen to someone else.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Gaucho wrote:
redwill wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Since I know how lynch mobs work I would certainly not be so stupid as to draw everyone's attention to me in such an obvious way if I were bad. That would be a really retarded way to prove how clever and brilliant and raffiniert I am. So if you think I'm a complete moron, vote for me.
Haha. I don't think you're a complete moron, but I'm still voting for you. It's not so much about what you did, but what the reaction was.

The way I see it, the baddies are always looking for reasons to jump on someone they know is not bad. You gave them a good reason, but no one jumped. In fact, several players came out to defend you. That leads me to believe that maybe they didn't jump on you because you're one of them. Anyway, I think it's good enough for a vote right now.
So the players that came out to defend me (if refusing to vote for me based on some 5th grader logic can be called "defending") are all bad ones? We must be a really stupid bunch then.

Come to think of it, in fact it was ps87 and MWB that jumped on someone as soon as anyone said anything. I don't think baddies to that, though. Baddies make sure NOT to jump on anyone early on, instead just going with the flow and trying to behave more or less inconspicious.

Anyway, whoever killed slappy should be very happy with himself right now. Except if it was me, of course.
Well played, spoken like a vet. Please stick around in Warz. You've really got me thinking hard on my vote now, so, if you're bad you are doing quite well (other than, of course, your initial post :P) and if you are good/blue you are doing a solid job of working your way down on the suspicion continuum without looking too defensive.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

sober ps87

intoxicate kraftster
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

bhaw wrote:sober ps87

intoxicate kraftster
Interesting.
Are you thinking a Gaucho/Kraftster parlay?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

no, not together. just K-man.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

lololololololol
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

intoxitate caucho

Stil fel supicus abot the slapy thig.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

intoxicate gaucho

I earlier said that I wouldn't have thought anything about his "being framed" or what not but now that he planted that thought...
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

See, that's why I would mostly lie low early on if I were bad. Whatever you say, it WILL be turned against you. I would not be surprised if none of the 7 or 8 people actively conversing right now were baddies. All the baddies have to do right now is twiddle their thumbs and put a vote in here and there.

EDIT: like teib just did
Last edited by Gaucho on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

bhaw wrote:sober ps87

intoxicate kraftster
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

So this is what happens when I sleep all morning. I'm surprised troy/ps87 ate getting all the heat after gaucho's weird posts.

And bhaw, what's up with the krafster vote?
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

After reading it all, gaucho is the only one really defending himself.

Intoxicate gaucho
Color plz
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Gaucho wrote:See, that's why I would mostly lie low early on if I were bad. Whatever you say, it WILL be turned against you. I would not be surprised if none of the 7 or 8 people actively conversing right now were baddies. All the baddies have to do right now is twiddle their thumbs and put a vote in here and there.

EDIT: like teib just did

No Editing, I know your pretty new to the games but please don't do it anymore :fist:
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

ulf wrote:After reading it all, gaucho is the only one really defending himself.

Intoxicate gaucho
Color plz
Haha, I find it funny that the only one defending himself gets the vote.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I'm fine with my vote now that he edited a post :pop:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

ulf wrote:After reading it all, gaucho is the only one really defending himself.

Intoxicate gauchoColor plz
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Intoxicate gaucho
Color plz
How does that make any sense?

Oh well, maybe I AM a moron, making "weird posts" on the first day. Carry on.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Vote Count:

Gaucho - 6 (twc, redwill, Kraftster, ps87, teib, ulf)
ps87 - 4 (Troy, shaf, columbia, doublem)
Troy - 4 (nan, mac, canaan, Malk)
Kraftster - 1 (bhaw)

It takes 10 to kill
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Kraftster wrote:

Intoxicate gaucho
Color plz
Haha, I find it funny that the only one defending himself gets the vote.
I feel like most blues don't go to all ends to save themselves but buddies are pretty important and don't want to die.