TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Troy Loney »

eddysnake wrote:that guy with the mustache is hilarious. ron swanson or something like that. I would always see the first minute if I taped the show before p&r and it always seemed funny, don't know why i didn't watch. I never liked the lady with blonde hair from SNL, seems like NBC is really recycling SNL cast members these days.

The irony of Ron Swanson is amazing...
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Ron Swanson is by far my most favorite TV character right now.

Chris: Have you ever tried a turkey burger?
Ron: Is that a fried turkey leg inside a grilled hamburger? If so, yes, delicious

For the most part, I really like all of the characters on Parks and Rec. Rob Lowe's character has run its course. And like Troy said, Ann Perkins is only there to be hot. I love the rest of them though. I also enjoy the appearances by Jean Raufio. His character would annoy me if he was on there all of the time, but he is on there just enough where it works. And I love his interactions with Ron.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

"Off Limits" on the travel channel is a really good show.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

SolidSnake wrote:"Off Limits" on the travel channel is a really good show.
That fascist fortress in LA was :shock:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

columbia wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:"Off Limits" on the travel channel is a really good show.
That fascist fortress in LA was :shock:
Yea that was on last night. I was thinking the same thing. Crazy stuff. I had no idea the Nazis were numerous in LA at that time.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

that was a terrible episode of the office. i imagine one of their goals was to pilot that unfunny british chick to see if audiences liked her. if that's the next boss, then i thank them for making my decision to stop watching an easy one
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I stopped watching the Office sometime after Jim and Pam got married. My wife made me watch the finale, and there were some funny parts, it mostly dragged the last 40 minutes or so. James Spader was funny. And creepy.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

While watching US Marshalls on AMC, I saw way too many commercials for The Killing. I had originally planned on letting hte show finish its season and then watch the thing all the way through in a couple of nights, but now i'm thinking I need to start watching it now.

ALso, I started watching Weeds yesterday...I got 3 episodes in, not sure how I feel about it yet.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Iron Chef America is no where near as good as the original Iron chef I watched when I was younger. This is the first time I have watched this show since it came on and I am disappointed.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

obhave wrote:Iron Chef America is no where near as good as the original Iron chef I watched when I was younger. This is the first time I have watched this show since it came on and I am disappointed.
It has also gotten worse as it went along... it's fairly boring these days.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:that was a terrible episode of the office. i imagine one of their goals was to pilot that unfunny british chick to see if audiences liked her. if that's the next boss, then i thank them for making my decision to stop watching an easy one
Yeah, I heard on the radio that is the one they want to hire on as the boss to replace Michael. If true, I may be done with the show too. I planned on watching it to the end just because I've watched it from day one, but the show has gone down hill, and the only real bright spot IMO is gone from the show with Michael leaving.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Idoit40fans wrote:While watching US Marshalls on AMC, I saw way too many commercials for The Killing. I had originally planned on letting hte show finish its season and then watch the thing all the way through in a couple of nights, but now i'm thinking I need to start watching it now.

ALso, I started watching Weeds yesterday...I got 3 episodes in, not sure how I feel about it yet.
I think you need to give it a little more time. I remember it taking a little while to pick up steam, but, in the end, the first couple seasons are the best, I think.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Are you laking about weeds? I didn't think I gave any indication that I was going to stop watching it.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

House just shot the shark, disemboweled it, and then jumped over it again.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

I don't usually like these types of shows, but Parking Wars on A&E is entertaining.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

halfway through season 3 of breaking bad.

what a seriously amazing show
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Just finished season 1 of the shield, and watching dead like me on streaming netflix while I wait for season 2. Don't know why I didn't watch either of these shows when they were on tv.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

I have yet to watch an episode of Game of Thrones, I have them all on my DVR. Is the show worth it?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Froggy wrote:Just finished season 1 of the shield, and watching dead like me on streaming netflix while I wait for season 2. Don't know why I didn't watch either of these shows when they were on tv.
i dont know why more people didnt watch dead like me...the show was great.

dont, however, waste your time with the movie.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

tjand72 wrote:I don't usually like these types of shows, but Parking Wars on A&E is entertaining.
I can't watch this. I have had bad run-ins with scumbags from towing companies and what not, and this show would just make my blood boil with rage.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

shafnutz05 wrote:
tjand72 wrote:I don't usually like these types of shows, but Parking Wars on A&E is entertaining.
I can't watch this. I have had bad run-ins with scumbags from towing companies and what not, and this show would just make my blood boil with rage.
its centered out of philly, too, so it makes it extra entertaining
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

canaan wrote:
Froggy wrote:Just finished season 1 of the shield, and watching dead like me on streaming netflix while I wait for season 2. Don't know why I didn't watch either of these shows when they were on tv.
i dont know why more people didnt watch dead like me...the show was great.

dont, however, waste your time with the movie.
I'm a fan of Bryan Fuller's other two short lived series', Wonderfalls & Pushing Daisies. He also was responsible for the good episodes of Heroes, and it really started to suck after he left.

Wonderfalls is probably my favorite of the 3, but it was cancelled after only 4 episodes, and not really given a chance.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i never saw wonderfalls, but was a fan of pushing daisies and the good heroes episodes as well.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

It's the same tone as pushing daisies and dead like me. Horribly quirky, sassy female lead with a boy's name, witty dialogue, and interesting supernatural plotlines. Wow. He should really lose points for following a formula, but I guess it's ok since his work is generally quality.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Season 2 of the Glades starts Sunday. Love that show.