The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Marshall Dylan »

Psychlone wrote:Madden just said on his show that big changes are coming to the Fan since their ratings have been steadily dropping. They are considering getting rid of all of their hosts from out of town save 1 (Giannotti probably) since they are not Pittsburgh enough. Hopefully, this will allow Chris Mueller to get a bump to an earlier timeslot, I think he is pretty good.
Ratings steadily grew through January, culminating with a much bigger than expected number in January. Then it was a sharp nosedive in both February and March before things leveled off in April.

That suggests that Steelers talk drives the station. The same hosts who got mediocre ratings in March got great ratings in December and January.

As far as Colin, there's been no interest in adding him to the Monday-Friday lineup. They have been talking to someone else about a big role, though.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Marshall Dylan wrote: As far as Colin, there's been no interest in adding him to the Monday-Friday lineup. They have been talking to someone else about a big role, though.
Good, i thought dunlap was bad.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Marshall Dylan wrote:
Psychlone wrote:Madden just said on his show that big changes are coming to the Fan since their ratings have been steadily dropping. They are considering getting rid of all of their hosts from out of town save 1 (Giannotti probably) since they are not Pittsburgh enough. Hopefully, this will allow Chris Mueller to get a bump to an earlier timeslot, I think he is pretty good.
Ratings steadily grew through January, culminating with a much bigger than expected number in January. Then it was a sharp nosedive in both February and March before things leveled off in April.

That suggests that Steelers talk drives the station. The same hosts who got mediocre ratings in March got great ratings in December and January.

As far as Colin, there's been no interest in adding him to the Monday-Friday lineup. They have been talking to someone else about a big role, though.
Dunlap left to spend more time with his kids - he's not going to the Fan.

http://rumbunter.com/2011/05/24/bad-ass ... more-25924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

lol the guy made mention of working at the airport as long as it was 9-5. I don't think he cares about where he ends up too much.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

Colin Dunlap is not made for a prominent radio role after hearing him on the weekends. He's a great fill-in guy, but not an everyday guy. Paul Zeise has been on the last couple Sunday evenings. It seems like all of the P-G gents are making appearances on The Fan now. Cook, Dunlap, and Zeise.

Dejan Kovacevic has been doing segments with Chris Mueller on the late show for Pirate talk. He's not bad at all. I think he'd be a pretty decent host if he weren't tied down with his commitment to the P-G.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

I think Mueller will move up a shift. That has to happen.

Dump Vinnie. I can honestly see Pompeani doing a show with Cook.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

colin_dunlap Colin Dunlap
Glad to be getting unsolicited life advice from John Mehno, under the internet pen name 'Marshall Dylan' ... nothing is more useless.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

lulz
Pensfan2010
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Pensfan2010 »

doublem wrote:colin_dunlap Colin Dunlap
Glad to be getting unsolicited life advice from John Mehno, under the internet pen name 'Marshall Dylan' ... nothing is more useless.
Never heard of him until now. Kind of glad I looked him up
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

@colin_dunlap
Colin Dunlap
Oh Marshall Dylan...you should worry more about walking 20 steps without having to stop for air, not what I'm going to do next in my career.
Is it just me or is he being a little petty / getting too upset over this lol.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by RJW76 »

Crap, jokes on me because I own his book
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

IanMoran - When people hide behind the internet with fake names and publicly get into the personal lives of others, any reaction is warranted. That's why I post with my real name. If Marshall Dylan is John Mehno, that sure explains a few things to me. Which leads me to his criticism of me in the BCT many years ago because I ripped Cam Bonifay when I created the Cam Must Go website.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Lololol Marshall Dylan called out by Dunlap. Where has Dylan been since he said all the stuff about the fan?
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Why does Dunlap care about what is posted on LGP?

We have arrived?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

lololololol so good.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

hahahahahahahahahhaha
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

Ok, so what were the deleted posts?
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

who sent them? Tony? :pop:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Pensfan2010 wrote:
doublem wrote:colin_dunlap Colin Dunlap
Never heard of him until now. Kind of glad I looked him up
lol, that's what I picture half the people here looking like
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

doublem wrote:who sent them? Tony? :pop:
Tony=Dunlap :?:
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Bowser wrote:IanMoran - When people hide behind the internet with fake names and publicly get into the personal lives of others, any reaction is warranted. That's why I post with my real name. If Marshall Dylan is John Mehno, that sure explains a few things to me. Which leads me to his criticism of me in the BCT many years ago because I ripped Cam Bonifay when I created the Cam Must Go website.
What did he really say? He heard he wanted to work at the Fan... then when someone said he wanted to be with his kids he just stated his opinion that eventually most people have to work again. Idk I didn't think it was anything HORRIBLE and if I were Dunlap I would have posted on twitter the first thing he did about LGP and it not being true, the rest seemed over the top / bitter to me (almost bullying-like for a little bit). Just my opinion though
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

IanMoran wrote:
Bowser wrote:IanMoran - When people hide behind the internet with fake names and publicly get into the personal lives of others, any reaction is warranted. That's why I post with my real name. If Marshall Dylan is John Mehno, that sure explains a few things to me. Which leads me to his criticism of me in the BCT many years ago because I ripped Cam Bonifay when I created the Cam Must Go website.
What did he really say? He heard he wanted to work at the Fan... then when someone said he wanted to be with his kids he just stated his opinion that eventually most people have to work again. Idk I didn't think it was anything HORRIBLE and if I were Dunlap I would have posted on twitter the first thing he did about LGP and it not being true, the rest seemed over the top / bitter to me (almost bullying-like for a little bit). Just my opinion though
Dylan had said that he contacted the Fan even before he left the PG, I'm pretty sure you didn't see all of the fight posts between Tony and Marshall then.