TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

Nuge wrote: I think next season will be pretty good but any seasons after that will probably be subpar.
Spoiler:
Once the baby is born, etc. I don't see any way that it would be nearly as good with a baby or a married Barney. It might be his wedding but I doubt he actually gets married (stood up at altar, backs out, etc.)
I agree. I think next season will be decent, and then they should use the 8th season as a wrap up and shows how Ted met the mother and end it there.
Spoiler:
My wife and I were talking and said that usually when a baby, or another kid is introduced to a show, it means it is running on fumes and is going to go down hill.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

House with its worst show ever.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:House with its worst show ever.
I've watched like one or two episodes, but from reading what everyone says on here, and hearing from others I know that watch the show, that show is in the tank.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

relantel wrote:
Chefpatrick871 wrote:Castle, holy crap :shock:

still 5 eps behind (maybe 6 now). I think the one we just watched was very early in DWTS.

It's a good thing many shows are coming to season finales - we'll need much of the summer just to catch up. Blasted DWTS has taken a lot out of our normal viewing patterns, though I suspect we won't watch future seasons of it since Hines was the lure. (Heck, we still have 8 eps of NUMB3RS to go, and that was cancelled March 2010). Though IPS and LO:CI have started back up, but at least that is fewer stuff in the pipeline. As it is, we have to watch an hour already recorded to be able to record the next one. Well, there are a couple hours leeway but not much. We'd have to watch an hour show backlogged late one night in order for a new one to record the next night. Or Friday/Sat, we had to watch 2-3 hrs worht to record the Survivor finale.

In other shows, we did catch up on CSI last night - Sunday we thought we were watching the 2nd part of a 2-part episode... only to find out
Spoiler:
that it was the 2nd part of a 3 part episode
:scared:
Spoiler:
Yeah that was pretty awesome, I really enjoyed Brass covering for Ray, that scumbag needed to be killed, but what will he say to IA!?!?!
Does anyone here watch Flashpoint? Its back on, but CBS is running season 3 episodes bought from I belive CBC? Maybe CTV? So Im all caught up on that, just wondered if anyone else did this as well?

And I highly suggest catching up on Castle first, this season was absolutly amazing. :thumb: :thumb:
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

I really really likd this show for the first 4 or so seasons, then it kinda got weird, now it seems like its time to be done.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

newarenanow wrote:
I've watched like one or two episodes, but from reading what everyone says on here, and hearing from others I know that watch the show, that show is in the tank.
This season was good until 13 came back and each episode has been worse than the last.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I've seen House before, and its funny at times, but i'm not sure that its supposed to be a comedy. I don't consider it good and frankly don't understand how its popular.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Castle, holy crap :shock:
:shock: is right. Watched it last night. How doesn't this show get nominated for awards? That was one of the best episodes not only for Castle but of any TV show I have ever watched.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

Speaking of House. lisa edelstein will not be returning for the 8th season. That is going to be weird, no idea how they are going to write her out of the shoe.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I never really saw the love for House. To me, every episode was the same...

- Person comes down with rare / crazy disease
- House makes witty comments / insults people, some drug induced, some not
- People complain about House
- Disease is either solved or the person dies

Rinse.Wash.Repeat.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

doublem wrote:Speaking of House. lisa edelstein will not be returning for the 8th season. That is going to be weird, no idea how they are going to write her out of the shoe.
She has to leave Princeton to get away from House I would assume. Isn't her character from Michigan?

Then we cam get Charlie Sheen to play the new exec. :lol:
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:
doublem wrote:Speaking of House. lisa edelstein will not be returning for the 8th season. That is going to be weird, no idea how they are going to write her out of the shoe.
She has to leave Princeton to get away from House I would assume. Isn't her character from Michigan?

Then we cam get Charlie Sheen to play the new exec. :lol:
probably she would just disappear and we wouldn't get to see her leave.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

The 2009 season of It's Always Sunny is killer. Love the 2 hour block on ComCen Mondays.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Suicide :pop:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I never really saw the love for House. To me, every episode was the same...

- Person comes down with rare / crazy disease
- House makes witty comments / insults people, some drug induced, some not
- People complain about House
- Disease is either solved or the person dies

Rinse.Wash.Repeat.
You forgot the part where the docs go to the victim's house, put gloves on, and find key evidence!
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Easily the best South Park episode of the season so far.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Bump.

Season finale for The Office.
I'm hoping for a reason to keep watching...this season has been pretty lousy.
Thank God Will Ferrell's character is gone.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

watch Parks and rec last night, first episode I've watched. So this is basically like the office when it was good? Has the show always been good?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

eddysnake wrote:watch Parks and rec last night, first episode I've watched. So this is basically like the office when it was good? Has the show always been good?
My wife loves the show. It's pretty good, just one that I've never really gotten into. I'll watch probably 50% of the episodes with her. I've never really hated any of them. It's actually pretty good. Just never really got into it.

I know it's on a different level as Seinfeld, but that is another show that when I watch it, I laugh, but I never got into it, and have only seen like 10 episodes.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

columbia wrote:Bump.

Season finale for The Office.
I'm hoping for a reason to keep watching...this season has been pretty lousy.
Thank God Will Ferrell's character is gone.
Yeah, other than a few episodes, this season has been disappointing. And now that Michael is gone, it is only goign to get worse.

This show has one, maybe two years due to built up goodwill left in the tank.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Yeah, the Office finale was weak.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Yeah, the Office finale was weak.
Yeah, the only part I laughed at was during Dwight's interview, when he stated he had "7 number one priorities".
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:
eddysnake wrote:watch Parks and rec last night, first episode I've watched. So this is basically like the office when it was good? Has the show always been good?
My wife loves the show. It's pretty good, just one that I've never really gotten into. I'll watch probably 50% of the episodes with her. I've never really hated any of them. It's actually pretty good. Just never really got into it.

I know it's on a different level as Seinfeld, but that is another show that when I watch it, I laugh, but I never got into it, and have only seen like 10 episodes.

Last season was almost flawless. The only episode i saw that i liked this season was the one where Ben was doing all the publicity spots with the local media and getting out of control when the drilled him about his past.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

that guy with the mustache is hilarious. ron swanson or something like that. I would always see the first minute if I taped the show before p&r and it always seemed funny, don't know why i didn't watch. I never liked the lady with blonde hair from SNL, seems like NBC is really recycling SNL cast members these days.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I originally thought I wanted more of Aziz's character, but he's only good in the limited role. Rob Lowe's character has easily run his course and needs to go. The interchange between Ben and Amy Poehler is great, and the show should probably focus on those two and their interactions with Ron, Andy and Tom. I can't gather that Ann Perkins serves any other purpose aside from being the most attractive woman on the show, she's not funny, her character is boring..wtf?