The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by newarenanow »

PensOnDVD wrote:Mueller and Colony are the only reasons to listen. They can't be taken too seriously when they still employ Vinnie and Cook.
I actually enjoy listening to Cook.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

newarenanow wrote:
PensOnDVD wrote:Mueller and Colony are the only reasons to listen. They can't be taken too seriously when they still employ Vinnie and Cook.
I actually enjoy listening to Cook.
I thought I was alone in this lol
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

LOL, who is the dude on the right?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

HOLA Y BIENVENIDO A LA MÁQUINA
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:LOL, who is the dude on the right?
Orestes Destrade.

I looked for one of him with Tweedle Dee but was not willing to put that much time into it.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Tervehdys ja mieluinen jotta koneistaa
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

It truly is amazing to me that lazy, uninspired and illinformed radio like this still continues to exist. The Fan is living proof that it doesn't matter what the ratings are or that you even have to know what you're talking about to have a broadcast signal. It shows that all you need is some advertising and a pulse to hang around long past your experation date.

All these guys are is warm bodies behind a mic. No sense, no intelligence, no preparation
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

I had the "privilege" of listening to the morning show this morning. It's pretty obvious that Jim Colony thinks Paul Alexander is a moron. (And he would be correct.)
Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Ned Braden »

Bioshock wrote:All these guys are is warm bodies behind a mic. No sense, no intelligence, no preparation
Hang on. All??? Please ... no way you can associate, say, someone like Starkey with someone like Vinnie.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

They are just varying degrees of awful.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:I thought there would come a point where I was just numb to "greetings and welcome to the machine" but no. It sounds number every single day
:thumbdown: to my phone having to autocorrect the one time I type the word "dumber" , thus making me look like I, too, should work on the Fan
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Filitoolponi was on tonight whining about Hurdle benching Mccutchen saying he should be trying to win games and you don't treat star players like that and blah blah. Yeah I agree they should be trying to win games but it's pretty clear that Hurdle is playing for the longer term and changing the clear losing attitude of the past 20 years. He's instilling an attitude of winning, confidence, and discipline into the organization that it hasn't had for a long time. I have no problem with him benching the "star player" for a game. The man is good at what he does and clearly has a plan. So far this season it's working and even though I'm not big into baseball it's nice to see the guys actually caring and being held accountable. Carry on Mr. Hurdle and go back to Buffalo Poni.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Pavel Bure wrote:Filitoolponi was on tonight whining about Hurdle benching Mccutchen saying he should be trying to win games and you don't treat star players like that and blah blah. Yeah I agree they should be trying to win games but it's pretty clear that Hurdle is playing for the longer term and changing the clear losing attitude of the past 20 years. He's instilling an attitude of winning, confidence, and discipline into the organization that it hasn't had for a long time. I have no problem with him benching the "star player" for a game. The man is good at what he does and clearly has a plan. So far this season it's working and even though I'm not big into baseball it's nice to see the guys actually caring and being held accountable. Carry on Mr. Hurdle and go back to Buffalo Poni.
I listened to that junk on my way home from work at 6. Left the gym at 845 and he was still whining about it and making the exact same reasons and points word for word.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

filaponis stance on the hurdle/mccutchen thing is his most blatant example of filiponi taking a wrong side of an arguement just for arguements sake
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

the good news is that trenni was on the fan morning show today :thumb:
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

I liked JB on the morning show but in an update last night he was talking about how the Detroit Red Wings were back in Western Canada to play Game 7 of their series against the Vancouver Canucks.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Filitoolponi was on tonight whining about Hurdle benching Mccutchen saying he should be trying to win games and you don't treat star players like that and blah blah. Yeah I agree they should be trying to win games but it's pretty clear that Hurdle is playing for the longer term and changing the clear losing attitude of the past 20 years. He's instilling an attitude of winning, confidence, and discipline into the organization that it hasn't had for a long time. I have no problem with him benching the "star player" for a game. The man is good at what he does and clearly has a plan. So far this season it's working and even though I'm not big into baseball it's nice to see the guys actually caring and being held accountable. Carry on Mr. Hurdle and go back to Buffalo Poni.
I listened to that junk on my way home from work at 6. Left the gym at 845 and he was still whining about it and making the exact same reasons and points word for word.
Plus which (Maddenism that sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard to me) the game got postponed anyway. I bet he plays tonight. So all is well with the world.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

PghSkins wrote:I liked JB on the morning show but in an update last night he was talking about how the Detroit Red Wings were back in Western Canada to play Game 7 of their series against the Vancouver Canucks.
Kalena Bell redux?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:filaponis stance on the hurdle/mccutchen thing is his most blatant example of filiponi taking a wrong side of an arguement just for arguements sake
That is his entire shtick.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

paul alexander kinda looks like michael buffer
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:paul alexander kinda looks like michael buffer

Eh, maybe the hair looks similar. Alexander looks like a ghost compared to Buffer though.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

fun fact of the day: michael buffer is worth over 400 million dollars
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

There was a guy that used to comment on the old kdka Pittsburgh Sports Insider blog under the handle "Paul Alexander's Tanning Goggles."

I lol'd every time I saw that.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

No Gianotti was good today. More Colony, plz