TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

When does NBC announce it's fall lineup?

I know FOX announced it's yesterday, or at least the cancelled shows.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i don't know why, but it bothers me that people like chuck. there are plenty of shows that i think are terrible and i don't care if other people like them, but chuck is special for some reason.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:i don't know why, but it bothers me that people like chuck. there are plenty of shows that i think are terrible and i don't care if other people like them, but chuck is special for some reason.
Ok.

Chuck for LIFE!
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Traffic Light got cancelled...bummer...actually enjoyed it.

Anyone hear anything about Locke & Key?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

canaan wrote:Traffic Light got cancelled...bummer...actually enjoyed it.

Did you like Locke & Key?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Malkamaniac wrote:

Did you like Locke & Key?
the comic? yesum
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11131/1145721-100.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually just read this this morning. FOX passed on it.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

newarenanow wrote:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11131/1145721-100.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually just read this this morning. FOX passed on it.
ugh. what a joke. god forbid they pass on a napoleon dynamite series that is destined for failure.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

[quote="newarenanow"][/quote]

I don't think so. The cast say they expect a new season. But the ratings have been going down. It was a stupid idea to put it against House. Everybody watches House.

edit: I screwed up that quote and don't feel like messing with it...... this is on Chuck renewal.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Yeah, shes hot.
I don't mean to turn this into a chick thread, but if you like her, you gotta see this video. She's a doll. Look at her smile. So open and genuine. She's only 23. British.

[youtube][/youtube]

BTW, I thought I finally found some use for Netflix. That series she's in is on there but it's missing an episode. They have 1,3,4,5,6. WTF happened to 2? I can d/l it online, but Netflix goddamn sucks. Show apparently ran on the Comedy Channel this year. I watched the first 10 minutes of episode one and it was so stupid, but hilarious stupid in a good way. Like... she tumbles across the floor in her skimpy outfit [bottom up] and her wanna-be boyfriend says "you shouldn't do that while wearing that.... they (people in the tavern) saw eeeeeeverything!". Love her voice, too... very sexy.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

There go two other shows I watched. Human Target and Lie To Me. I'm sort of OK with Lie To Me. I think that ran its course. But Human Target was just starting and kept getting so much better.

I'm also surprised about FOX canning Chicago Code so quickly. I didn't watch a single episode, but it looked like something that would have a following. Plus, why so soon? All these networks make a series then put it in the can right after, sometimes canceling a really good one that never caught on due to lack of advertising or a bad time slot.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Saw a promo this afternoon for the new TNT drama "Franklin & Bash", which premieres June 1. Seemed intriguing. The actor who plays Franklin was Jon Arbuckle in the two Garfield films, Breckin Meyer.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

What did people think of the Community finale last night? I haven't liked this season as much as season 1, but I thought the finale was great.
Spoiler:
I wonder if they are writing Chevy's character out, with how it ended with him and all
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

relantel wrote:Saw a promo this afternoon for the new TNT drama "Franklin & Bash", which premieres June 1. Seemed intriguing. The actor who plays Franklin was Jon Arbuckle in the two Garfield films, Breckin Meyer.

Zach Morris and the guy from Road Trip....if it were Stiffler then it'd be worth it, but not this guy.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Sarcastic wrote:There go two other shows I watched. Human Target and Lie To Me. I'm sort of OK with Lie To Me. I think that ran its course. But Human Target was just starting and kept getting so much better.

I'm also surprised about FOX canning Chicago Code so quickly. I didn't watch a single episode, but it looked like something that would have a following. Plus, why so soon? All these networks make a series then put it in the can right after, sometimes canceling a really good one that never caught on due to lack of advertising or a bad time slot.
I'm not going to start watching any show until after it has finished the 5th or 6th season. Then if I like it, I'll go back and Netflix the previous seasons.

Either that or give up on TV altogether. It's getting a bit ridiculous, no network stays more than 10 episodes with a show unless it's the next Friends or Seinfeld.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

pfim wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:There go two other shows I watched. Human Target and Lie To Me. I'm sort of OK with Lie To Me. I think that ran its course. But Human Target was just starting and kept getting so much better.

I'm not going to start watching any show until after it has finished the 5th or 6th season. Then if I like it, I'll go back and Netflix the previous seasons.

Either that or give up on TV altogether. It's getting a bit ridiculous, no network stays more than 10 episodes with a show unless it's the next Friends or Seinfeld.

I think that TV shows should just accept short life spans and put all their creative eggs per se, in one basket. Arrested Development is so good because of it's short life. Parks and Rec is losing it, Always Sunny peaked in seasons 3 and 4.
Dr. J
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Dr. J »

Trailer Park Boys. Smokes.... let's go
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

The Office was good last night.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

newarenanow wrote:
shmenguin wrote:i don't know why, but it bothers me that people like chuck. there are plenty of shows that i think are terrible and i don't care if other people like them, but chuck is special for some reason.
Ok.

Chuck for LIFE!
NBC today officially picked up perennial bubble show Chuck for a fifth and final season with a 13-episode order
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/its-off ... -episodes/
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Troy Loney wrote:
pfim wrote:

I think that TV shows should just accept short life spans and put all their creative eggs per se, in one basket. Arrested Development is so good because of it's short life. Parks and Rec is losing it, Always Sunny peaked in seasons 3 and 4.
It is amazing, though. So many great shows getting cancelled. I agree with pfim. I sometimes think that I shouldn't get involved in any new series that's coming out because of this. A girl I know already did that after getting pissed off some of her favorite shows got cancelled and now only watches like 2 or 3 (House, Army Wives... I think that's it... and Survivor... and she likes that big people losing weight show too - but that's it) and she will NOT give a chance to anything new.

Brilliant shows like Dirty Sexy Money and Eli Stone and Boston Legal and Pushing Daisies and Ugly Betty (yes, I loved it) and the list goes on and on.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

eddysnake wrote:NBC today officially picked up perennial bubble show Chuck for a fifth and final season with a 13-episode order
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/its-off ... -episodes/[/quote]

Well. They better close it up really well so there are no loose ends hanging. That's the thing that pisses people off too - they usually just drop it in the middle of the story.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

**** Fox, way to can good shows in lieu of garbage.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

What I completely fail to understand about Fox is, they still stop programing after 9 pm so they can have the FIRST NEWS at 10. Yeah because I can't get my news anytime any day via this crazy new thing called the internet. That is 5 hours of programing that is completely wasted.

Thank god the Steelers play on CBS, I am now avoiding Fox like the plague.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

Sarcastic wrote:You guys watch Survivor? I think this has been a really good season.

I root for Natalie.

I'm a huge Russell fan, but Rob deserves to win this season. I can't stand when the bitter juror's vote for the cute girl's.

Philip has made this one interesting though. I'm curious to hear his final tribal council speech.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

After watching the SNL digital short with Michael Bolton.......wow. Bolton was effing hilarious.