Pens vs. Craps GDT - Feb, 18, 2007

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:it wasn't funny :evil:
Well now you know what it feels like.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

LETS GO PENS!!
Last edited by Kicksave on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Kicksave wrote:I can't help the fact that you and I took a different view on the picture.

I didn't even search "short bus" when I looked for a picture. All I searched was "school bus" and there it was. The fact that it was a shorter bus just means that not too many kids lived in that area and the school was being cost cautious, using a shorter bus to save on fuel.
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Just like one could have been referring to anybody jumping across any border anywhere in the world...
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

LETS GO PENS!!!
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

Enough, it was what it was, a racial joke. If you don't think so, say it at work in a forum. Rambling on and on does not change it.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

LETS GO PENS!!!
Maestro
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Maestro »

Granted, he hasn’t been putting the puck in the back of the net like he is expected to do on Crosby’s wing but other than Recchi, who else has been? Nobody. At the very least, Malone is playing good defensive hockey, crashing the boards and going in front of the net. Part of Malone’s lack of production is because Crosby is on his own little drought right now. Most of his points have been on the power play lately.

Nobody currently on this team is going to take the top line left wing job and run with it because no one really fits the mold we need from that player, other than Staal and you shouldn’t break up Malkin and Staal. Eric Christiansen is a good player. His wrist shot is world class and reminds me a lot of Joe Sakic’s. Other than that though, he is a center. He doesn’t play well along the boards and he won’t go in front of the net. You could possibly try Ruutu on the top line. Have him crash the net but he doesn’t have the talent to be up there any longer than a game or two max.

At least with Malone, when he isn’t scoring he is doing the little things he needs to do to open up room for Crosby. Is he the ideal winger? Not at all but he is the best option we have at the moment.
Yeah, grinder, can carry the puck in, and control puck along the boards - Malone is good for a 3rd line but the 3rd line is strong as it is.
Chirstensen is good - but he works with Talbot/Army

They don't have that guy on the team - that's what they lack - that marksman with Crosby - which is why Malkin goes on that line a lot

I guess if they don't make any trade - then Ekman should get a shot there before the playoffs - but I'm rooting for a trade but if they never lose then I don't see a trade of any consequence - but then they're likely reg season heroes, playoff zeros
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:once again i never said 1 single "race", just because i said mexico, it dosen't mena i ment mexicans, there are probaly 100 different races of people living there, ok ron, i'm done
Uh, no. Unlike the United States, Mexico is a fairly singular racial nation. There are some ex-patriate Americans, Canadians, and Europeans living there, sure. But the majority of the Mexican population is Latino.

Face it, you made an offensive comment and you've experienced the backlash. We'll see what else comes of it if Admin takes time away from far more important things to review this incident. Considering what's going on with his family, I'm sure he won't enjoy having to deal with something like this.

I apologize for it taking control of a game thread, but comments like that do not belong on a message board without repurcusions.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Pens vs. Craps GDT - Feb, 18, 2007

Post by relantel »

FuturePens wrote:I can see this be a high scoring game, since the Pens have just put in 5 against the devils, and average nearly 4.5 goals in the 15 game stretch. I can also see the Craps score a few goals since Joselyn is our netkeeper.

I predict Crosby to have a great game, (2g. 2as.) proving himself on NBC that his name should not be compared to Ovechkin, who by the way is a -12 this season and has only a couple of points in the past 7 games. In fact;

Ovechkin has only 7 points since the All-Star break (10 games) and is -6 in that stretch.
He also hasn't scored a point on Sunday, even though he only had played one other Sunday game, lets keep him scoreless !!!
Well - 1 out of three (3rd one - Ovie scoreless) ain't bad.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

EagleMorph wrote:Uh, no. Unlike the United States, Mexico is a fairly singular racial nation. There are some ex-patriate Americans, Canadians, and Europeans living there, sure. But the majority of the Mexican population is Latino.
60% Indian-Hispanic mix
30% Indian
10% Everything else

According to the CIA Factbook
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Maestro wrote:
Granted, he hasn’t been putting the puck in the back of the net like he is expected to do on Crosby’s wing but other than Recchi, who else has been? Nobody. At the very least, Malone is playing good defensive hockey, crashing the boards and going in front of the net. Part of Malone’s lack of production is because Crosby is on his own little drought right now. Most of his points have been on the power play lately.

Nobody currently on this team is going to take the top line left wing job and run with it because no one really fits the mold we need from that player, other than Staal and you shouldn’t break up Malkin and Staal. Eric Christiansen is a good player. His wrist shot is world class and reminds me a lot of Joe Sakic’s. Other than that though, he is a center. He doesn’t play well along the boards and he won’t go in front of the net. You could possibly try Ruutu on the top line. Have him crash the net but he doesn’t have the talent to be up there any longer than a game or two max.

At least with Malone, when he isn’t scoring he is doing the little things he needs to do to open up room for Crosby. Is he the ideal winger? Not at all but he is the best option we have at the moment.
Yeah, grinder, can carry the puck in, and control puck along the boards - Malone is good for a 3rd line but the 3rd line is strong as it is.
Chirstensen is good - but he works with Talbot/Army

They don't have that guy on the team - that's what they lack - that marksman with Crosby - which is why Malkin goes on that line a lot

I guess if they don't make any trade - then Ekman should get a shot there before the playoffs - but I'm rooting for a trade but if they never lose then I don't see a trade of any consequence - but then they're likely reg season heroes, playoff zeros
I think we agree on the premise that Malone is best suited on the 3rd line and that he isn't the perfect fit for the LW on Crosby's line.

We disagree on the point that Ekman would be better suited there than Malone. Ekman showed nothing when he was there during the beginning of the season. Chances are that would continue. At least Malone can do the things that he does do and create space for Recchi and Crosby to create the offense.

Also, I think Malone - when carrying the puck into the zone - should just use his power and skate to a position and take the first shot. Make the game simpler for him and hope that Crosby and Recchi can get things going from there. His shot will find the back of the net every once in a while.
Brode

Post by Brode »

I seriously hate all of you.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:once again i never said 1 single "race", just because i said mexico, it dosen't mena i ment mexicans, there are probaly 100 different races of people living there, ok ron, i'm done
Uh, no. Unlike the United States, Mexico is a fairly singular racial nation. There are some ex-patriate Americans, Canadians, and Europeans living there, sure. But the majority of the Mexican population is Latino.

Face it, you made an offensive comment and you've experienced the backlash. We'll see what else comes of it if Admin takes time away from far more important things to review this incident. Considering what's going on with his family, I'm sure he won't enjoy having to deal with something like this.

I apologize for it taking control of a game thread, but comments like that do not belong on a message board without repurcusions.
i seriously didn't no that..weird, i still think you made much to big a deal out of this considering you are not even assiocated with mexico or the Latino race as you stated eariler
Last comment, because I have better things to do:

Just because I'm not associated with a race doesn't mean that I can't be offended by the comment.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Brode wrote:I seriously hate all of you.
We'll just have to pick up the shattered pieces and move on, I guess...
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

LETS GO PENS!!!
Last edited by Kicksave on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:

i seriously didn't no that..weird, i still think you made much to big a deal out of this considering you are not even assiocated with mexico or the Latino race as you stated eariler
Please, just say "I'm sorry", shut up about it and let this end. Stop offering qualifiers or explanations or buts. Just shut up and let this die.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

HomerPenguin wrote:
Brode wrote:I seriously hate all of you.
We'll just have to pick up the shattered pieces and move on, I guess...
:lol:

this is one of those times where the literal meaning of 'lol' actually applies.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wondermoose »

Just because the game is OVER doesn't mean this isn't bad mojo for future game threads. You will all be punished via kharma and IT HAD BETTER NOT BE A PENGUINS LOSS. You have been warned.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

LETS GO PENS!!
Last edited by Kicksave on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.