Pens vs. Craps GDT - Feb, 18, 2007

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by The U »

yawn...

this board gets stupid arguments like this once every 2 weeks or so. Usually between a more established member and soembody who's new....and often involves somebody who doesnt add anything to an issue or thread, they just post "unfunny sarcastic comments"

The name "Yeltzen" comes to mind.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

LETS GO PENS!
Last edited by Kicksave on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cs6687 »

That was just my guess, Kicksave. Right players, wrong order.
Malkin + Crosby = Dream

Post by Malkin + Crosby = Dream »

So, I come on the board after a great win expecting to see lots of positivity...

But, instead I find some people arguing over who using emoticons and like who is riding the short bus.

Come on guys! Get a life! Maybe I should not be reading this message board!?
Raab711
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Raab711 »

chalk up another one boys
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

where's NIN been
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

cs6687 wrote:That was just my guess, Kicksave. Right players, wrong order.
Well it was a damn good guess :lol:

Can't argue with any of the decisions though. Semin was vicious today.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:where's NIN been
I think he got tired of people saying he just liked posting new topics or something. He created a new screen name but wasn't able to regain his form. I think he just packed it up and moved along.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:
Ron` wrote:Mario, he's not picking on you. I think it was your use of a cryptic obscene word. Just chill a bit on that ok so the banhammer doesn't have to visit you?
Pretty sure it was the "border jumper" comment that kicked this off before he played games with the censor.
and who ever i said it too took it way too hard, i think he was joking or maybe not, but he could clearly tell i was joking by my use of the emoticons, he just dragged it on, i thought he would take it ok, i dunno why it was taken so hard, even after i explainded it was a joke, people have to lean to take jokes..
Because, at the risk of beating a dead horse, a smiley face at the end doesn't make it OK to post racial epithets.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:its kinda funny how you(wat are you 40-50) get your kicks outa pickin on a kid on a message board, i'm just laughing at you man :lol: did you get picked on in school? its okay, go see a theripyst, they'll help you
I'm 21 years old.

The fact of the matter is you're acting like an idiot. There can be 15 year olds who are intelligent enough to talk hockey and other subject but you've shown that you haven't developed the mental capacity to do so yet. Thus, the reason why they need to put age restrictions on some websites because stuff like today wouldn't happen.

And one more thing, when you're going to try and take shots at someone, try and use the spell check. You look like an utter fool when trying to take shots at someone and you can't even type a coherent sentence.

'i laffin @ u man. did u get piked on at skool as a kid? go see a theripyt, he can help u.'
i'm sorry but i don't recall even talking to you before you posted that picture, an idiot... wouldn't you be upset if someone did something like that too you? as for the hockey thing,i was trying to talk about the game untill you butted in. The fact is that the picture was not needed. :evil:
but but, didnt you see the little emotion icon? that indicated it was a joke :!:
it wasn't funny :evil:
And "border jumper" was...?
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Easton »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:its kinda funny how you(wat are you 40-50) get your kicks outa pickin on a kid on a message board, i'm just laughing at you man :lol: did you get picked on in school? its okay, go see a theripyst, they'll help you
I'm 21 years old.

The fact of the matter is you're acting like an idiot. There can be 15 year olds who are intelligent enough to talk hockey and other subject but you've shown that you haven't developed the mental capacity to do so yet. Thus, the reason why they need to put age restrictions on some websites because stuff like today wouldn't happen.

And one more thing, when you're going to try and take shots at someone, try and use the spell check. You look like an utter fool when trying to take shots at someone and you can't even type a coherent sentence.

'i laffin @ u man. did u get piked on at skool as a kid? go see a theripyt, he can help u.'
i'm sorry but i don't recall even talking to you before you posted that picture, an idiot... wouldn't you be upset if someone did something like that too you? as for the hockey thing,i was trying to talk about the game untill you butted in. The fact is that the picture was not needed. :evil:
but but, didnt you see the little emotion icon? that indicated it was a joke :!:
it wasn't funny :evil:
Just a thought. But if it isn't funny, I wouldn't post a laughing smiley.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Because, at the risk of beating a dead horse, a smiley face at the end doesn't make it OK to post racial epithets.
i never actually said what race i was refering too, there was not name of any race in the post, just a country and the word "Border", anyone from anywhere can be in a certin country at anytime
Wow, that's dumb even coming from you...
cma3585
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by cma3585 »

that short bus thing can easily be considered just as offensive as the border jumping thing. don't preach about morality and offensiveness, then fire back w/ essentially the same thing.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

the old taco bell commercials talked about crossing the border, right?
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

cma3585 wrote:that short bus thing can easily be considered just as offensive as the border jumping thing. don't preach about morality and offensiveness, then fire back w/ essentially the same thing.
Interesting topic for discussion: could it be said that

offensive to an entire race > offensive to a single person

or is offensive offensive regardless of how many are being offended?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

LETS GO PENS!
Last edited by Kicksave on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:the old taco bell commercials talked about crossing the border, right?
Yeah, in the other direction. And the follow up ad didn't say anything about stealing American jobs.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
cma3585 wrote:that short bus thing can easily be considered just as offensive as the border jumping thing. don't preach about morality and offensiveness, then fire back w/ essentially the same thing.
I thought about that, but if you look at the picture, those are normal kids. I mean, the one kid has a guitar. The kid in the back looks normal. The girl in the front of the bus obviously has honor roll written all over her - shes studying right there. I picked the red headed kid because he looked the youngest. Nothing there is offensive.
he looked much older and more "slow" or "dumb" than anyone else on the bus
Tell me, does it even cross your mind to just apologize for a poorly-conceived attempt at a joke and move on?