Pens vs. Craps GDT - Feb, 18, 2007

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Maestro wrote:
How is he a hinderance?
All he does on offense is control the puck along the boards - he is the opposite of what Crosby needs - Crosby needs a guy who is at the circle in the slot or in front of the net ready to score - Malone obviously is not that guy - he garners no respect out there and so Crosby gets dogged handling the puck around the net - Malone is dead weight on that 1st line- notice he then shifted down to the 2nd line and they of course did nothing

Then after Malkin scores - about 5 seconds later what is the D pairing - oh yes the great Melichar/Scuderi who allow one guy to skate right between them and get a shot off - As the announcer noted, Melichar was covering air on his side - there was NOBODY skating in from that side - what an idiot.
Granted, he hasn’t been putting the puck in the back of the net like he is expected to do on Crosby’s wing but other than Recchi, who else has been? Nobody. At the very least, Malone is playing good defensive hockey, crashing the boards and going in front of the net. Part of Malone’s lack of production is because Crosby is on his own little drought right now. Most of his points have been on the power play lately.

Nobody currently on this team is going to take the top line left wing job and run with it because no one really fits the mold we need from that player, other than Staal and you shouldn’t break up Malkin and Staal. Eric Christiansen is a good player. His wrist shot is world class and reminds me a lot of Joe Sakic’s. Other than that though, he is a center. He doesn’t play well along the boards and he won’t go in front of the net. You could possibly try Ruutu on the top line. Have him crash the net but he doesn’t have the talent to be up there any longer than a game or two max.

At least with Malone, when he isn’t scoring he is doing the little things he needs to do to open up room for Crosby. Is he the ideal winger? Not at all but he is the best option we have at the moment.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

TALBOT! TO THE MAX!

3-1!!!
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

TALBOT, BABY!!!
Brode

Post by Brode »

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:Geno counldn't understand the guy yelling "offsides" GOAL!!!!!!!!!! EC!!!!!!!!!!!!
EC? That was Talbot.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Brode wrote:
nocera wrote:that sedin commercial is pretty funny. does the NHL have a new marketing team this year?
Someone wrote and directed that Sedin commercial. Like an actual name.

After a trip to NHL.com = Jason Reitman, director of Thank You For Smoking and son of Ghostbusters and Animal House producer Ivan.
wow that's cool. thanks. (but ivan reitman directed ghostbusters)

GOAL TALBOT!
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

You won't find any Talbots like that in Hampton.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Woohoo!!! Mad Max!
Paekman
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Paekman »

Uh oh, the dreaded 2 goal lead. :wink:
Brode

Post by Brode »

I know he directed it, but he also produced it. And 'producer of Ghostbusters and Animal House' is less wrong than 'director of Ghostbusters and Animal House'.

Pretty stuff, Malk.
Last edited by Brode on Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

Geno nearly had another highlight goal.

Whoa.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Brode wrote:
I know he directed it, but he also produced it. And 'producer of Ghostbusters and Animal House' is less wrong than 'director of Ghostbusters and Animal House'.
i'd rather say "director of ghostbusters and kindergarten cop" but that's just me.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

Los Penguinos have come to play this third period. Capitals are back on their heels.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Crosby called Petrovicky, Petro.

All you people can stop trying to come up with another nickname for him, now.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

nocera wrote:
Brode wrote:
i'd rather say "director of ghostbusters and kindergarten cop" but that's just me.
Shows what you know. Animal House is a classic. Kindergarten Cop is a piece of crap.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by 68forever »

Paekman wrote:Uh oh, the dreaded 2 goal lead. :wink:
in the 3rd tho maybe it will be different. Let's hope
Brode

Post by Brode »

It's not a toomah.

Last edited by Brode on Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

We got at least one goal from our 3rd or 4th line in 12 of the last 13 games. :shock:
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

EagleMorph wrote:
nocera wrote:
Brode wrote:
Shows what you know. Animal House is a classic. Kindergarten Cop is a piece of crap.
animal house is alright and all, but does it have a very likeable arnold schwarzenegger? the answer of course is no, it certainly does not.