Pens vs. Craps GDT - Feb, 18, 2007

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
ChinookUT

Post by ChinookUT »

Great shot by Malkin, and great job by MO getting to the puck before the Capital player could skate it out. Also, Thibault is playing surprisingly well.
Brode

Post by Brode »

Man, now I kind of want to watch the Black Donnelies.
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

pcm wrote:great friggin play by ouellet
Let's trade the bum - he'll never be any good. :roll:
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
penscup wrote:Not sure what game people are watching. :? The Pens are playing a tough game here. I see plenty of effort & plenty of checking.

Another strong period by Ti-bo. But it'll be all his fault if the Caps tie or win this in the 3rd right people?

Malkin once again is doing a great Mario impersonation.
T-bo..get it freakin right man :wink:
actually, i believe he was talking about billy blanks. he's been doing well.
Paekman
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Paekman »

Michel Ouellet is playing damn good hockey today. A couple of blocked shots, some good board work and nice hustle. Wish I could say the same for Malone. I think I could have skated faster than he did on that 2 on 1. Sheesh...
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
penscup wrote:Not sure what game people are watching. :? The Pens are playing a tough game here. I see plenty of effort & plenty of checking.

Another strong period by Ti-bo. But it'll be all his fault if the Caps tie or win this in the 3rd right people?

Don't worry. I'll make sure my $5 fine gets sent right to your front door officer.
Brode

Post by Brode »

Am I watching two different games here? Malone has worked on the board and been responsible for alot of those deep hold ins. His PK has been excellent. Until that very last play, Michel Ouellet was looking like the worst forward on the Pens today.
ChinookUT

Post by ChinookUT »

Paekman wrote:Michel Ouellet is playing damn good hockey today. A couple of blocked shots, some good board work and nice hustle. Wish I could say the same for Malone. I think I could have skated faster than he did on that 2 on 1. Sheesh...
Agreed.
Maestro
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Maestro »

How is he a hinderance?
All he does on offense is control the puck along the boards - he is the opposite of what Crosby needs - Crosby needs a guy who is at the circle in the slot or in front of the net ready to score - Malone obviously is not that guy - he garners no respect out there and so Crosby gets dogged handling the puck around the net - Malone is dead weight on that 1st line- notice he then shifted down to the 2nd line and they of course did nothing

Then after Malkin scores - about 5 seconds later what is the D pairing - oh yes the great Melichar/Scuderi who allow one guy to skate right between them and get a shot off - As the announcer noted, Melichar was covering air on his side - there was NOBODY skating in from that side - what an idiot.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
penscup wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:

Don't worry. I'll make sure my $5 fine gets sent right to your front door officer.
its $10
Wow, milk sure is getting expensive up at the Jr. high. When I was in high school, $2.50 would get me a full lunch.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

that sedin commercial is pretty funny. does the NHL have a new marketing team this year?
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Hull mentions the guy I covet, for the upcoming trade deadline... Norstrom aptly called a "warrior". Would be huge difference maker in a close physical game like this.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

Kicksave wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
penscup wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:

its $10
Wow, milk sure is getting expensive up at the Jr. high. When I was in high school, $2.50 would get me a full lunch.
$2.50? Wow, you got hosed. I'd get a lunch with better food than a college cafeteria for $1.50. I could use that extra dollar for some much needed caffeine!
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

nocera wrote:that sedin commercial is pretty funny. does the NHL have a new marketing team this year?
They are teamed up with NBC's marketing department. Rather than the OLN group who came out with the crappy "my nhl" warrior series last year.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

EagleMorph wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
penscup wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:T-bo..get it freakin right man :wink:
its $10
$2.50? Wow, you got hosed. I'd get a lunch with better food than a college cafeteria for $1.50. I could use that extra dollar for some much needed caffeine!
Well, $1.50 got you a carton of milk, a chicken patty sandwich and a side of tater tots but I'd usually snag a red powerade because those little milks never did anything for me - thus the extra dollar.
Maestro
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Maestro »

Hull mentions the guy I covet, for the upcoming trade deadline... Norstrom aptly called a "warrior". Would be huge difference maker in a close physical game like this.
He's one of my favorite players in the sport - he's Eaton with an edge to his game and obvious leadership qualities

Inserting him with Whitney, moving down Oprik and only playing one bad dman instead of 2 would make them a legit contender in the east because their top 4 dmen would be the best in the eastern conference - perfect blend of offensive punch + stay at home excellence
Last edited by Maestro on Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brode

Post by Brode »

nocera wrote:that sedin commercial is pretty funny. does the NHL have a new marketing team this year?
Someone wrote and directed that Sedin commercial. Like an actual name.

After a trip to NHL.com = Jason Reitman, director of Thank You For Smoking and son of Ghostbusters and Animal House producer Ivan.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

It'd be great to get Norstrom.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

did emerick say "87 and 9" in regards to the crosby vs ovechkin battle?

oops.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

Kicksave wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
penscup wrote: Don't worry. I'll make sure my $5 fine gets sent right to your front door officer.
its $10
Well, $1.50 got you a carton of milk, a chicken patty sandwich and a side of tater tots but I'd usually snag a red powerade because those little milks never did anything for me - thus the extra dollar.
Fair enough.

Always worth it for the tater tots. Tater triangles, too.
Brode

Post by Brode »

Malkin's been skating kind of silly today. I still think his legs are kind of rattled from that boarding.