Pens vs. Craps GDT - Feb, 18, 2007

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Pierre is an idiot. He keeps saying the Pens are matching lines, then he asks Therrien about it and Therrien says no he doesn't worry about that because it disrupts the momentum. Then he keeps saying it, and Olcyk calls him out on it. And what does Pierre do?

He not only keeps talking about it, but he gives Eddie O a face wash with his ("with all due respect") comment about Gordon being taught be different coaches teams actually covet.
Brode

Post by Brode »

You see, Clement has a bassy purring voice, Brett Hull sounds like he's struggling to make audible words. Perhaps he has spasmodic dysphonia.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by 68forever »

What's up with Clement giving the golf update? Who cares about some DUMB golf event this is HOCKEY dude and your a hockey person not golf. I know it probably has something to do with the national network but still.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

Looks a little likr 3rd game in 4 days syndrome.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

68forever wrote:What's up with Clement giving the golf update? Who cares about some DUMB golf event this is HOCKEY dude and your a hockey person not golf. I know it probably has something to do with the national network but still.
NBC was airing golf and sent it over to GOLF channel when hockey started. it makes sense.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

68forever wrote:What's up with Clement giving the golf update? Who cares about some DUMB golf event this is HOCKEY dude and your a hockey person not golf. I know it probably has something to do with the national network but still.
Yea, NBC!

I know you were covering the golf event before the hockey game and I'm sure they have fans who were watching it but didn't get to watch the end due to the contractual obligation you have with the NHL but I DON'T LIKE GOLF SO DON'T EVER MENTION IT EVER AGAIN...EVEN DURING THE PERIOD INTERMISSION.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

And the event was on prior to the hockey game. NBC cut to the hockey game with the golf event still going on.

Did all of the hockey xenophobes come out of the wood work and post today? Yeesh!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Edzo is annoying the living hell out of me so far... apparently he is too blind to recognize holding and interference when he sees it. Maybe he should become a ref.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by 68forever »

Kicksave wrote:
Yea, NBC!

I know you were covering the golf event before the hockey game and I'm sure they have fans who were watching it but didn't get to watch the end due to the contractual obligation you have with the NHL but I DON'T LIKE GOLF SO DON'T EVER MENTION IT EVER AGAIN...EVEN DURING THE PERIOD INTERMISSION.
You and me both I happen to think golf is dumbest thing. I know it's national network but ughhh golf PLEASEEEEEEE! give me a break. :D
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Kicksave wrote:
Yea, NBC!

well they couldve just let GOLF run over and join the hockey game in progress. i'll take a 3 minute update during intermission.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Woah, I just noticed Tampa Bay took over Atlanta in the SE division race.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

the wicked child wrote:Edzo is annoying the living hell out of me so far... apparently he is too blind to recognize holding and interference when he sees it. Maybe he should become a ref.
I'm also pretty sure he described a power play that had just funneled the play through Malkin on the right wing as having "worked the left side." Failure to distinguish right from left WOULD explain last season somewhat...
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

68forever wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
Yea, NBC!

You and me both I happen to think golf is dumbest thing. I know it's national network but ughhh golf PLEASEEEEEEE! give me a break. :D
Kicksave was being sarcastic.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

the wicked child wrote:Edzo is annoying the living hell out of me so far... apparently he is too blind to recognize holding and interference when he sees it. Maybe he should become a ref.
He annoys me a lot less now that he's no longer coaching the Pens. :D
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

68forever wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
Yea, NBC!

1) My comment was chalk full of sarcasm.

2) I happen to enjoy playing golf although I'm no good at it. If there is nothing else better on television, I'll watch golf. I personally think the Ryder Cup is one of the more exciting events in sports.

I would take a preseason hockey game over a championship golfing event though.
SDPensFan

Post by SDPensFan »

if i was one of those little kids on the ice in the background (during 1st intermission) i would have slashed Brett Hull in the neck, and as he fell to the ice , i would kick him in the face with my skate.
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

Ti-bo looked pretty sharp in that period especially after such a long layoff.
Pens should probably be up 2-1 right now. We'll see if they can maintain their intensity for the rest of the game. The Caps certainly came to play as evidence by their physical play so far.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Kicksave wrote: 1) My comment was chalk full of sarcasm.

2) I happen to enjoy playing golf although I'm no good at it. If there is nothing else better on television, I'll watch golf. I personally think the Ryder Cup is one of the more exciting events in sports.

I would take a preseason hockey game over a championship golfing event though.
wow. how did i miss the sarcasm?

(that wasnt sarcastic.)
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by 68forever »

EagleMorph wrote:
68forever wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
Yea, NBC!

Kicksave was being sarcastic.
Thing is I'm not I just can't stand golf. BORINGGG standing around watching and trying to hit that stupid little ball into that stupid little hole x number of yards away just DUMB :wink:
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

SDPensFan wrote:if i was one of those little kids on the ice in the background (during 1st intermission) i would have slashed Brett Hull in the neck, and as he fell to the ice , i would kick him in the face with my skate.
It probably shouldn't have, but the image of a kid kicking Brett Hull in the face with a hockey skate made me laugh.
SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

Mark Eaton with a chance to nail Matt Bradley and he holds him instead..
Brode

Post by Brode »

Mark Eaton is one of my favorites, but that was just the first time I've ever seen his face. I was like "Who the hell is that, Scuderi?"
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

yikes. saved by the whistle.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

Scuderi & Melichar fishing for the puck whlie guys stand there whacking away at Tbo
Brode

Post by Brode »

Good board work by Staal, Malone and Malkin.