The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

viva la ben wrote:Vinny Richichi is a buffoon. He just speculated why Bylsma didn't play Tangradi in the third last night over Kovalev. After a awkward silent pause, Cooke informed Vinny that Tangradi didn't dress.

At least Ron Cook knows something about hockey.
lololol i wish i was tuned in for that
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Marshall Dylan wrote:Slow time, but they need to make some improvements, too. You can't stagger for nine months and think you'll make it all up during Steelers season.

I'd can Vinny and Cook, move Starkey and Miller into middays, dump Seibel, move Gianatti to afternoons. Cut costs and make the station sound better.

You forgot Andrew Fillijabroni
Dude needs to buy some Afrin. He either has bad allergies or a head cold he has not been able to shake since the station went on air. Hid node always sound stuffy.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Vinny Richichi is a buffoon. He just speculated why Bylsma didn't play Tangradi in the third last night over Kovalev. After a awkward silent pause, Cooke informed Vinny that Tangradi didn't dress.
And Vinny is on the air, why?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I did catch Richichichi suggesting to play Tangradi later in the game. Seriously, how does this guy still have a job?

A few callers suggested dressing Sid for the warmup. What part of "HE IS NOT CLEARED FOR LEAGUE PLAY?" don't these people understand? You cannot skate the warmup if you are not cleared by the docs.

I thought I heard one of the hosts suggest that Malkin might be back because he is skating. :facepalm: No, it doesn't work like that.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

The morning after Game 3 when Tablot scored on that delayed penelty, I was on my way to work when Vinnie and Cooke started. I'd swear that most of Pittsburgh must have never seen a team score on a delayed penelty. The first 20 minutes were nothing but call after call asking questions about it.

"Why didnt they still get a powerplay?"
"If the penguins shot in in their own net, does it count as a goal?"
"Why doesn't that count as a power play goal?"

And you know full well if Tampa scored on a delayed penelty those questions wouldnt have even entered peoples minds. The best explanation I think they came up with was "thats the way the rules are" Either the hosts rub off on the callers, or the callers rub off on the hosts. I dont know.

Oh and Gianotti's Fleury impression WTF :face:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Anyone catch filiponi gloating about his Kovalev opinion. Does this dude devote entire segments to all the times that he's wrong...it's kind of funny that he needs to make such a big deal about being right (that means your probably wrong all the time if you get so excited about being right)
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Troy Loney wrote:Anyone catch filiponi gloating about his Kovalev opinion. Does this dude devote entire segments to all the times that he's wrong...it's kind of funny that he needs to make such a big deal about being right (that means your probably wrong all the time if you get so excited about being right)
Yeah that's the gist of Poni's act.

Step1: Get on high horse
Step2: Refuse to get off of said high horse
Step3: Disagree with anyone who doesn't think like you do
Step4: If proved wrong over time, revisit topic, get back on high horse, and redefend why you felt like you did and simply things didn't work out
Step5: Remind the listeners you're 25
Step6: ?????
Step7: Profit
PensBeerGeek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PensBeerGeek »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Anyone catch filiponi gloating about his Kovalev opinion. Does this dude devote entire segments to all the times that he's wrong...it's kind of funny that he needs to make such a big deal about being right (that means your probably wrong all the time if you get so excited about being right)
Yeah that's the gist of Poni's act.

Step1: Get on high horse
Step2: Refuse to get off of said high horse
Step3: Disagree with anyone who doesn't think like you do
Step4: If proved wrong over time, revisit topic, get back on high horse, and redefend why you felt like you did and simply things didn't work out
Step5: Remind the listeners you're 25
Step6: ?????
Step7: Profit
Yet somehow Chris Muller is stuck late night...go figure.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Marshall Dylan wrote:Slow time, but they need to make some improvements, too. You can't stagger for nine months and think you'll make it all up during Steelers season.

I'd can Vinny and Cook, move Starkey and Miller into middays, dump Seibel, move Gianatti to afternoons. Cut costs and make the station sound better.
I actually enjoy listening to Cook. Can't stand Vinny though. He tries, but he is a dumbass.

I don't mind Seible either.

I enjoyed Gianatti when he was on at 6, but now that he is on the morning show, he is trying too hard to be a showman instead of a sports talk radio host. I liked him better by himself.

The only person I truly can't stand though is Filliponi.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

in defense of vinny, at least teh guy cares and knows baseball. he really knows his baseball, and quite frankly there really arent too many guys that are knowledgable in one specific sport on the channel. grimm really knows hockey, and obviously josh miller knows football, but cook, mueller, fillajabroni, starkey, thet morning show guys, they dont seem to know any sport particularly well.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:in defense of vinny, at least teh guy cares and knows baseball. he really knows his baseball, and quite frankly there really arent too many guys that are knowledgable in one specific sport on the channel. grimm really knows hockey, and obviously josh miller knows football, but cook, mueller, fillajabroni, starkey, thet morning show guys, they dont seem to know any sport particularly well.

Alexander knows his high school football and basketball....he was a legend back in the day.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Troy, I heard Filiponi's rant about Kovalev last night. I got out of the car at 6, got back in the car at 8:15, and he was still going on and on about being right. Filiponi is such a wannabe iconoclastic figure--- Dude, you are a 24 year old kid. You know NOTHING. Anything that didn't happen in the past 7 years, you read about on Wikipedia. Just move on.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

It will be painful to listen tomorrow. I'm half tempted to call in with some crazy opinion to fire Bylsma or something just to get a reaction.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:in defense of vinny, at least teh guy cares and knows baseball. he really knows his baseball, and quite frankly there really arent too many guys that are knowledgable in one specific sport on the channel. grimm really knows hockey, and obviously josh miller knows football, but cook, mueller, fillajabroni, starkey, thet morning show guys, they dont seem to know any sport particularly well.
you dont want to be overly knowledgeable in one sport as you lose your flexibility. to be a sports talk show host you dont need to know the technical aspects of every sport. you just need to know about them and how to facilitate discussion
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
you dont want to be overly knowledgeable in one sport as you lose your flexibility. to be a sports talk show host you dont need to know the technical aspects of every sport. you just need to know about them and how to facilitate discussion

I dont want to listen to a fat sluggish lard talk about food and baseball all day.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Someone tell Vinnie we know what the hell the station is named. He does not need to repeat it introducing EVERY FRIGGEN CALLER. Everyone else just says 'whats going on' or leads with what the guy is gonna talk about. He is so irritating
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Kovy27 wrote:Andrew Filipponi says that he was shocked that DB was on the list because of how the playoffs went AND DB doesn't deserve the award because of the Penguins failures in Round 1. Good to see that he follows the sport.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

then he had to be schooled by callers. Wonder if he'l harp on that like his being 'right' about kovalev? The only reason I listened was cuz I caught him talking pens and wanted to see how long it took to say something moronic, it wasn't long
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

Filipponi just asked the question "Do you question Sidney Crosby's toughness? Is he lacking as a leader not playing through headaches in the playoffs?"

:face: :face:
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

pensfan1989 wrote:Filipponi just asked the question "Do you question Sidney Crosby's toughness? Is he lacking as a leader not playing through headaches in the playoffs?"

This dude need punched in his face.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Kovy27 wrote:
pensfan1989 wrote:Filipponi just asked the question "Do you question Sidney Crosby's toughness? Is he lacking as a leader not playing through headaches in the playoffs?"

This dude need punched in his face.
Ugh. I dont want to get a PR conversation started down here but it turns my stomach every time I hear someone refer to it as "a headache." It is so disrespectful to the guy it isnt even funny. Half this city is obsessed with a guy dancing around in sailor suits and frilly spandex on national tv, then in the next breath question (and what I feel boarderline ridiculing) a guy with a brain injury.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

anyone surprised this station is still on the air?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

FreeCandy44 wrote:anyone surprised this station is still on the air?
I say this all the time, but I do listen a good bit while in the car. I can barely stand it, but I can't take National stuff at all most times, so its good to at least hear about local stuff while driving or in the background. I'm more surprised at the people that call in and say how much they love certain shows. Its one of those funny things where alot of us complain and complain about it, but still listen, but I am shocked any time I hear someone call in to Vinnie and Cook or Fillijabroni and tell them how much they enjoy the show.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

The station should just change it's call letters to "YNZR", because that's the audience it panders to.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

llipgh2 wrote:The station should just change it's call letters to "YNZR", because that's the audience it panders to.
:thumb: