Gionta might be out for tomorrow

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Gionta might be out for tomorrow

Post by mnpensfan »

Left the game last night with a groin pull.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Still don't know if Madden or White will be playing tomorrow either.....
shawnlesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shawnlesky »

I don't wish injury on anyone, but I wouldn't sob if none of the above could take the ice. Points are prescious.
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cs6687 »

I read, though I can't find the exact article, that Gionta will be out. Madden and White will play.
Peter

Post by Peter »

shawnlesky wrote:I don't wish injury on anyone, but I wouldn't sob if none of the above could take the ice. Points are prescious.
that's kind of cowardly. I'd rather see the penguins beat the devils with these guys in the lineup. What's more, if you're not sad about injuries than you don't mind if they happen. That's horrible. Everyone should be healthy so each team has the best lineup on the ice.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

The AP story says Gionta will be out and that the Devils hope to have Madden and White back. I'd at least expect Madden to play. He played the whole rest of the game after he got hit by the puck, so he shouldn't miss much time. I don't really know White's story.

Regardless, as long as Brodeur is in net the Devils are going to be tough. I don't expect us to win this one, not in Jersey where they've barely lost. This certainly will be a good test for the Pens. I'm eager to see how they match up with Jersey now compared to the beatings we took earlier.