The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by K2 »

I like Grimm...good to hear him on the fan. I kind of am entertained by his weird inflection and mispronunciations.

Kovy needs to score 3 more goals this year so I can call Fillipponi and harass him about how he said Kovy wouldn't score 5 for the Pens.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

He called himself on purposely mispronouncing MAFs name this past Saturday. Kind of funny.
Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Ned Braden »

newarenanow wrote:In a way, I feel bad for Vinnie. He tries, but he is just a dumbass.
Actually he doesn't try all that much when it comes to learning Pittsburgh sports ... cannot argue with the dumbass part.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Vinnie is a perfect baseball show host, and he knows football but mostly NFC related due to his time in Seattle. He has lots to learn about hockey.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

K2 wrote:I like Grimm...good to hear him on the fan. I kind of am entertained by his weird inflection and mispronunciations.

Kovy needs to score 3 more goals this year so I can call Fillipponi and harass him about how he said Kovy wouldn't score 5 for the Pens.

eww its weird to see someone actually admit they like Grimm. He stunk on the X and im sorry he still stinks.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

Oh god... The host at 6PM is acting like he knows hockey.

This is a train wreck of negativity. Reminds me why i normally don't listen to this garbage.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Filiponi is a smackoff, bioshock. A smackoff to the highest order.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

He was still taking backhanded shots at Kovalev. I dont know what he has against the guy. At the very least we needed bodies in the lineup, and we got a 1000 point guy who can still skate and stickhandle like his prime for a 7th rnd pick. He's making this 7th for Kovy out like it equaled drafting Ryan Leaf

Filiponi is a bucket of suck.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

WTF is this "machine" you guys keep talking about? "Welcome to the Machine" etc? I only listen on my way to work, so I assume its someones afternoon show.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

the 2-6 show is titled 'the machine' so whenever john seibel comes on and stars the show he always goes GREETINGS AND WELCOME TO THE MACHINE
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Sounds positively awful
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

tonysoprano wrote:Filiponi is a smackoff, bioshock. A smackoff to the highest order.
Why am I not suprised
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

Wow, I turned on the fan and thid guy Vinny says that there seems to be a percentage of Pittsburghers who hate or dislike Crosby.

Is this dude even real? Who is he hanging out with? What drugs is he on? I need to stop listening even for the few minutes that I do.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Ned Braden wrote:
newarenanow wrote:In a way, I feel bad for Vinnie. He tries, but he is just a dumbass.
Actually he doesn't try all that much when it comes to learning Pittsburgh sports ... cannot argue with the dumbass part.
Yeah, I understood when he first started last year, not knowing much. But it's been over a year, and he still hasn't seemed to make any progress on Pgh sports.

I'm sure he is smart when it comes to his comfort zone, but if you are going to be a Pgh based radio show host, you would think he'd have gotten a much better knowledge base ovr the last year.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I turned the fan on at 9AM today. They had Dan Potash on as a guest, and Giannotti reffered to him as Danny Pucks. :face:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

tonysoprano wrote:Filiponi is a smackoff, bioshock. A smackoff to the highest order.
:thumb: Hence why I turn the dial at 6pm.

I enjoy the other shows, but he sucks.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Bioshock wrote:Wow, I turned on the fan and thid guy Vinny says that there seems to be a percentage of Pittsburghers who hate or dislike Crosby.

Is this dude even real? Who is he hanging out with? What drugs is he on? I need to stop listening even for the few minutes that I do.
You really can't listen to the fan for more than an hour. for instance today, some idiot calls in and calls crosby soft, he's obviously either joking or he's stupid. I'm leaning towards stupid because his reasoning was that Heath Miller came back from his concussion. So after the commercial break they're responding to this guy and his extremely stupid opinion. I feel like they do this all the time, just take one horribly extreme, idiotic call and just respond to that ALL DAY, and act like thats a prevailing opinion.

I called filiponi last night on the way home from class. he was saying that you can't put crosby in for the postseason because some "knucklehead" or something is going to try and take him out so they can win the series. My response was that in a 7 game series that doesnt make sense, and say they get the lightning in the first round, if some lightning player takes crosby out that's going to put a target on all of the lightning skill players. Its the nuclear response analogy. He wouldn't budge.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Troy Loney wrote:
Bioshock wrote:Wow, I turned on the fan and thid guy Vinny says that there seems to be a percentage of Pittsburghers who hate or dislike Crosby.

You really can't listen to the fan for more than an hour. for instance today, some idiot calls in and calls crosby soft, he's obviously either joking or he's stupid. I'm leaning towards stupid because his reasoning was that Heath Miller came back from his concussion. So after the commercial break they're responding to this guy and his extremely stupid opinion. I feel like they do this all the time, just take one horribly extreme, idiotic call and just respond to that ALL DAY, and act like thats a prevailing opinion.

I called filiponi last night on the way home from class. he was saying that you can't put crosby in for the postseason because some "knucklehead" or something is going to try and take him out so they can win the series. My response was that in a 7 game series that doesnt make sense, and say they get the lightning in the first round, if some lightning player takes crosby out that's going to put a target on all of the lightning skill players. Its the nuclear response analogy. He wouldn't budge.
You sure do listen to this station a lot for someone who hates it so much.

Just sayin'. Are you that into pain or what?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

i like to complain about the on air personalities.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Marshall Dylan »

Vinny goes Vrooooooooooommmm:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

Marshall Dylan wrote:Vinny goes Vrooooooooooommmm:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Draftnik can be The Stig
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

schliding into the nishmo
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

0 to to ninedee tree sheven in shix sheconsh
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Vinnie has more chins than a chinese phone book.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Am I the only one that outside of his limited hockey knowledge doesn't mind Vinnie at all? I'll concede his hockey knowledge is limited, but I think he has been trying to learn as much about the game as possible and doesn't attempt to be an expert when he isn't (very annoying to me). Everyone has their areas of expertise, the guy has been covering Seattle sports for years.