TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

Sarcastic wrote:Here it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_(TV_series)

I mean it when I say that if new episodes are as good as the pilot, this will be my new favorite.
I missed the pilot. But I do want to see the show. The previews looked good. I'll have to DVR it this week adn watch it.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Outside of Comedy Central, I rarely watch any shows (definitely not regularly). However, the end of the Sting-inspired SNL sketch on Saturday featured probably the best method of dragon-slaying in the history of US television... One of the rare moments I literally :lol: -ed, even though I was at home alone...

Edit:
The sketch:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/0 ... 44142.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Tomas on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Sarcastic wrote:
I mean it when I say that if new episodes are as good as the pilot, this will be my new favorite.
tim blake nelson is awesome. im gonna have to check this out.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

newarenanow wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Here it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_(TV_series)

I missed the pilot. But I do want to see the show. The previews looked good. I'll have to DVR it this week adn watch it.
Go to filestube.com, type in "chaos s01e01" and d/l the pilot. Just 350mb.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

canaan wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
tim blake nelson is awesome. im gonna have to check this out.
He's the "weapon" in the unit. :shock:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

newarenanow wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Well, I won't argue if some see it that way, but it really doesn't matter to me. That is one of the most likable and fun groups of people on TV and I think that is the most important part of the show and why people come back to it.

I personally think that a show like this can come up with many scenarios that it doesn't get too boring, so I wouldn't call it redundant. Same as it was with Stargate SG-1. Yeah, same thing over and over, but I think that show could have gone another 10 seasons. What is redundant anyway? If something works, I say keep going.
That's the way I view it too. I think they have added a decent amount of story arcs and twists, and introduced new characters, bad guys, etc, and they also break up every few weeks having some outside mission from chasing down the main organizations and stuff.
I am excited to see what will happen now with Volkoff's daughter (who's pretty darn cute, btw) taking over her father's empire. I think she'll get him out and hell will break loose all over again. And the thing with Chuck's sister and dad's computer. Wow, is she going to turn into a ninja or something? Maybe she'll get the intercept. Awesome is hilarious to watch. I think there is enough story there throughout to keep me more than interested. And as I said, I plain like watching those people.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Any episode that doesn't involve Jeff or Lester is fail IMO.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PensFanInDC wrote:Any episode that doesn't involve Jeff or Lester is fail IMO.
got my mom a sweet Jeffster shirt for Christmas!
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

AlexPKeaton wrote:But this show has some terribly lazy writing at times. Like that scene with the Apache - an Apache can take out 3 buses without anyone on the bus knowing that the Apache is there. It is an attack helicopter FFS. Instead the show has it do some type of JU-87 esque dive bomb attack on one bus then circle around to hit the other bus to give people time to make phone calls and get away. This kind of lazy writing is what I hate about network shows.
Another problem with what happened is the dumb president's assumption that "this ends now" if he blows us all 3 buses, knowing well that there are others out there who are operating the damn portal. So what did he think that the others would... what? Commit suicide? I'd be worried they'd start blowing up cities.

Last night's episode.
Spoiler:
The DNA testing program is also dumb. The president wants to test every American for a tuberculosis outbreak infection to screen out the aliens. Like that worked out well with the swine virus and the vaccine. No one is getting sick, there is no visible outbreak, but he wants every single American to come in for testing. And is he going to test the rest of the world's population or did the aliens only choose the USA to settle in!?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Sarcastic wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:But this show has some terribly lazy writing at times. Like that scene with the Apache - an Apache can take out 3 buses without anyone on the bus knowing that the Apache is there. It is an attack helicopter FFS. Instead the show has it do some type of JU-87 esque dive bomb attack on one bus then circle around to hit the other bus to give people time to make phone calls and get away. This kind of lazy writing is what I hate about network shows.
Another problem with what happened is the dumb president's assumption that "this ends now" if he blows us all 3 buses, knowing well that there are others out there who are operating the damn portal. So what did he think that the others would... what? Commit suicide? I'd be worried they'd start blowing up cities.

Last night's episode.
Spoiler:
The DNA testing program is also dumb. The president wants to test every American for a tuberculosis outbreak infection to screen out the aliens. Like that worked out well with the swine virus and the vaccine. No one is getting sick, there is no visible outbreak, but he wants every single American to come in for testing. And is he going to test the rest of the world's population or did the aliens only choose the USA to settle in!?
Spoiler:
I thought about that too (the USA part). I also think his wife doesn't want the test because they will find out that their daughter is not really his...
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Spoiler:
I thought about that too (the USA part). I also think his wife doesn't want the test because they will find out that their daughter is not really his...
Spoiler:
It'd be a pisser if he discovered his wife is one of the aliens.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Sarcastic wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Well yeah but that's WAY too obvious IMO
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Well yeah but that's WAY too obvious IMO
Spoiler:
It is, but I expect the absolute worst from the writing team!
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Spoiler:
Saying that the content of a spoiler tag is obvious does not require a spoiler tag :pop:
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Sarcastic wrote:Did anyone catch.......... what the hell it was called.

CHAOS. It was on CBS last Friday, the pilot episode.

My g/f and were getting ready to eat dinner and I just left CBS on. It said "pilot" episode so I said alright, let's give this 5 minutes. You know what? I think I kinda loved it. It's about a guy who joins the CIA. He has a hard boss and is put in a unit with 3 other guys who, well, you gotta see how they treat him. But it was funny. I mean, it was really funny in parts where I actually laughed. I recommend you guys check out the pilot.
Downloading this now, also downloading the pilot for AMCs The Killing, will report later.

*** Chaos was quite enjoyable, although since Tim Blake Nelson is in what is possibly my fav movie, I feel enclined to like what he does, that being said, the rest of the team has a lot to offer as well. On to The Killing!
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

The Killing was damn good, IMO. I'll defintiely watch again this week.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

There are two new shows on this year that I'm absolutely in love with.

Raising Hope is awesome. One of the best comedies in a while IMO

Blue Bloods is really well written and Tom Sellack does a great job.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

BadHands71 wrote:Raising Hope is awesome. One of the best comedies in a while IMO
Has anyone ever mentioned it here? Because the show is funny as hell. I haven't missed an episode yet. I was kind of almost giving up on it after the first few... just too many shows, etc... inconvenient... but I'm glad I stuck around because it has gotten only more stupid (in a good sense) and more funny. That granny with Alzheimer's is hilarious, isn't she? Last episode she thought the house was infested with Mongooses, so she started blasting things with a shotgun. :)
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

tonysoprano wrote:The Killing was damn good, IMO. I'll defintiely watch again this week.
I like the concept, one long season about just one murder (at least thats wha I gathered). Seems like it has promise.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Agree on "Raising Hope." Good show. From the creator of "My Name is Earl."
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Top Shot was a mixed bag last night...
Spoiler:
First half was awesome... Second half was terrible reality crap.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Sarcastic wrote:
BadHands71 wrote:Raising Hope is awesome. One of the best comedies in a while IMO
Has anyone ever mentioned it here? Because the show is funny as hell. I haven't missed an episode yet. I was kind of almost giving up on it after the first few... just too many shows, etc... inconvenient... but I'm glad I stuck around because it has gotten only more stupid (in a good sense) and more funny. That granny with Alzheimer's is hilarious, isn't she? Last episode she thought the house was infested with Mongooses, so she started blasting things with a shotgun. :)
Yea, the mongoose episode was a classic. The Halloween one was also one of my favorites.

It is hilarious and well written. I love the characters.
Beech_is_God
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Beech_is_God »

MWB wrote:Agree on "Raising Hope." Good show. From the creator of "My Name is Earl."
Really? I just started watching it and immediately thought of Earl. Maybe it's the trailer parkness... :)

Only watched two eps so far but I like it. Will continue watching.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:The Killing was damn good, IMO. I'll defintiely watch again this week.
I like the concept, one long season about just one murder (at least thats wha I gathered). Seems like it has promise.
watched this last night. It's pretty intense,dark and gritty. At first I had a hard time believing that trashball could even be a cop (the new guy coming in), but by the end I guess he grew on me. It's not a very likable show, that's not a bad thing, it's really well done, but I had a tough time watching it. Seems very authentic, I just kept thinking about what that would be like if it was my kid in that situation. I actually didn't sleep well after watching it.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

It is really good.

Watching X-Files. Forgot how awesome this show was...