The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:They had the ****ing Miz on there the other day. I've resorted to hoping the station goes bankrupt at this point.
Was it... awesome?

trollface.jpeg
oh yeah it was the best....mtv reality tv star turned professional wrestler. he's probably a top 5 d-bag on the planet.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

LOL just turned it on and caught 10 seconds of the Wines Hard interview. In those 10 seconds he mentioned how tough it is for someone to remember all the dancesteps in a routetine then mentioned how everyone told him he couldn't do it ad he was out to prove everyone wrong. You'd think Ward was a parapaegic with how many things people tell him he can't do. But somehow, someway, he overcomes it all! Small undersized kid from Georgia, noone ever gave him a chance
Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Ned Braden »

Knowing a few people in the business I can tell you that ...
IronDukes37 wrote:They talk about what station management tells them to talk about.
This is a complete falsehood.

However, when it comes to ...
Troy Loney wrote:They had the ****ing Miz on there the other day.
Sometimes, certain guests are basically forced on shows to satisfy clients; that was one of them. (And I happened to hear that segment and even though I haven't paid attention to wrestling in 10 years, it wasn't that bad.)
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

meh...i can live with wwe stuff, just not the miz.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

The Miz was on because Raw was in town.

You can hate Miz cause he was on the real world, but as a wrestler he's improved leaps and bounds and deserves every bit of success he has had.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

skullman80 wrote:The Miz was on because Raw was in town.

You can hate Miz cause he was on the real world, but as a wrestler he's improved leaps and bounds and deserves every bit of success he has had.

you mean like as an actor or doing suplexes and headlocks?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Troy Loney wrote:
skullman80 wrote:The Miz was on because Raw was in town.

you mean like as an actor or doing suplexes and headlocks?
Both actually. He has an incredible character and he is very good in the ring as well.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

columbia wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:New plan, call them up and attempt to talk about professional wrestling.
"Gorilla Monsoon was the greatest wrestler ever? We're going to have to agree to disagree, Pavel."
Ron Cook, is that you?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

a few weeks back, kenny the kangaroo, for some bizarre reason, decided to change the pace and listen to some kdka 1020 am in the evening. you know, on the talkshows that were on, they actually still had conversations with callers about whatever stupid stuff they were talking about. like real, actual question and answer type conversations. not just one or two lines and then the host going on a ramble about whatever. it was refreshing, and quite frankly its was a little surprising to hear actual conversation on the radio.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:a few weeks back, kenny the kangaroo, for some bizarre reason, decided to change the pace and listen to some kdka 1020 am in the evening. you know, on the talkshows that were on, they actually still had conversations with callers about whatever stupid stuff they were talking about. like real, actual question and answer type conversations. not just one or two lines and then the host going on a ramble about whatever. it was refreshing, and quite frankly its was a little surprising to hear actual conversation on the radio.
I could probably listen to 1020 as long as john steigerwald isnt on.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

lol people are calling out vinnie. love it. he gets so frazzled
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

vinnie is flying solo today. terrible. no one is calling in, he is trying to troll people saying the fans aren't into it enough; people just dont want to talk to you vinnie
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:vinnie is flying solo today. terrible. no one is calling in, he is trying to troll people saying the fans aren't into it enough; people just dont want to talk to you vinnie
In a way, I feel bad for Vinnie. He tries, but he is just a dumbass.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

So apparantly they have that fat tub of lard doing his baseball show at 7:00 on saturdays now. I ran to the store at 730 last saturday and turned on that lub. He was baiting people pretty bad then too to call in. I wanted to because he was doing the "how can this pitching staff be any better than last year" bait.

Here's how Vinnie:

Ohlendorf isn't hurt.
Zach Duke is gone, Correja might be a wash, but he'll be more reliable than duke imo.
Morton wont be given 10 starts if he goes off his rocker again.
McDonald will be here the full year.
Karstens wont be an injury away from the rotation again.

Its almost like these people just look at the rotation and because 4/5 guys were in the rotation at the end of the season it'll be just as bad as it was last year. Not saying it wont be bad, but its just really outrageous how narrow the scope of knowledge is on the fan. If they aren't talking about the Steelers or the the Pitt coaches, tehy are clueless. I mean, even the little i've heard from miller about the crosby issue has been awful. He keeps comparing Aaron Smith to Crosby...wtf?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Grimm was also being annoying last weekend (or the weekend before).

I'm not sure if i heard the actual call, but I think a follow up call about crosby's return and its impact on the team. The person I heard didn't say that crosby's return would hurt the team, but was posing the question that if crosby's return will negate some of the things that have made the team win recently. I can't explain fully the game plan adjustments that have been made to keep scoring down and commit to defense, but i do think that the goal prevention gamplan might be adjusted some when crosby returns. Of course, the only way grimm could interpret the question was "will crosby's return hurt team chemistry?". Because all radio people clump anything technical about the game that they dont understand under the term "team chemistry",

So then, of course he just talks about crosby being the best player in the world, and so on and so forth. Then I turned it on monday on teh way home and seibel started jumping on these apparant people that think the pens will be worse off with crosby. Because apparantly thats the sentiment that being implied last weekend.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Honestly wasn't that the same Grimm that worked for the X awhile back?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Malkamaniac wrote:Honestly wasn't that the same Grimm that worked for the X awhile back?
Yes, and he's had two modes on the fan. Terrible to the point of wanting to punch babies and old women and tolerable to the point that he's not Vinnie and Cook or the machine or pony.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Honestly wasn't that the same Grimm that worked for the X awhile back?
Yes, and he's had two modes on the fan. Terrible to the point of wanting to punch babies and old women and tolerable to the point that he's not Vinnie and Cook or the machine or pony.
I heard him this weekend, and he was on with the Crosby stuff a little to hard, but honestly I can tolerate him more than anyone outside of Miller.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
I heard him this weekend, and he was on with the Crosby stuff a little to hard, but honestly I can tolerate him more than anyone outside of Miller.
It was just frustrating for him to completely reword a callers question to the point that it asks "are the penguins worse off with crosby?" Which is obviously so stupid...and stupid enough for that idiot seibel to bring it up two days later.

Grimm was also ranting about Pitt basketball on sunday after Butler made it to the final four. He was ripping on the Pitt program because of Butler's success...then he started talking about Butler and its meager upringings. Butler is apparantly really and small Hoosiers was filmed there. This somehow should make Pitt feel worse about losing, even though Pitt Basketball culture only resurfaced like 10 years ago. If anything that shows to me that Butler is filled with rich basketball culture.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

grimm's voice and diction make it unbearable for me to listen to him, no matter how good or bad his content would be. i normally listen to 937 all the time just to listen regardless of the host but i cant listen to grimm.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:grimm's voice and diction make it unbearable for me to listen to him, no matter how good or bad his content would be. i normally listen to 937 all the time just to listen regardless of the host but i cant listen to grimm.
He doesn't bother me that much. Although it sounds like he is hurting at all times.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Arguably the biggest Pens game of the year...90 minutes before the game...drive time, a captive audience of thousands of people trapped in their cars...Pirate talk on the Fan.
Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Ned Braden »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:grimm's voice and diction make it unbearable for me to listen to him, no matter how good or bad his content would be.
Good call; probably because I feel the same way. Grimm has a deep voice that should be good for radio but, somehow, it isn't ... like Eddy Crow.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

I wanna call in so badly...
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

newarenanow wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:grimm's voice and diction make it unbearable for me to listen to him, no matter how good or bad his content would be. i normally listen to 937 all the time just to listen regardless of the host but i cant listen to grimm.
He doesn't bother me that much. Although it sounds like he is hurting at all times.
I don't think Grimm is that bad..... or maybe I think that considering the group he works with.
jimjom wrote:Arguably the biggest Pens game of the year...90 minutes before the game...drive time, a captive audience of thousands of people trapped in their cars...Pirate talk on nine-dee-tree-sheven the Fan.
fixed