TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

I haven't read this thread in a while. Does anyone watch Chuck, or know if it has been renewed?

That is one of my favorites right now and has been for the last 4 years.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Froggy wrote:i watched 5 straight hours of Deadliest Warrior last night. would have watched more, but it would have been bad staying up until 1:00AM when i needed to get up at 5 for work. vlad the impaler v. sun tzu was my favorite episode of the ones i watched. the show is entertaining for a few reasons...

-the science behind it is pretty neat.
-i'm interested in ancient weaponry
-it's funny watching the two sides argue like they were really maori tribesmen or roman centurions

and it posed a question. is there anyone in the world who mixes being a total badass and a total nerd more than a medieval weapons expert?
I absolutely love this show.

Devastation - check
Swords - check
Generally Badassness - check

Its impressive how powerful and devastating these weapons are/were.
My only problem is sometimes the fights are way out there. Pirate v Knight is one of them. Stick to a time or advancements in tech and fight it out. Navajo v Maori would be cool. Or Shaolin Monk v Samurai. I just wish the fights made more sense.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:I haven't read this thread in a while. Does anyone watch Chuck, or know if it has been renewed?

Im pretty sure its coming back next year. It's doing better than I thought it would. We watch it regularly even though it's becoming a bit redundant to me.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

An idiot abroad is great, but it helps to know a bit about gervais and Karl pilkington beforehand. I have about 100 hours o their old podcasts/radio show on my iPod that I've been listening to non stop for the last year
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

The Killing on AMC is phenomenal.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Camelot just started. Not terrible. Fiennes kinda sucks at acting which is unfortunate given his profession
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:The Killing on AMC is phenomenal.
I taped it, looked good. Glad you liked it, I'm looking forward to getting into this.

Also Game of Thrones in 2 weeks, HBO had a 15 minute preview last night which you can watch online now... I think I'm gonna wait for the show, but it's tempting...
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

The camera work and editing is beyond the pale awesome. Also the lead female detective is very well cast as well as her partner.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

isn't the Rocketeer and black power ranger in it?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Watched the premier of the Borgias last night...went into with with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Yeah the Rocketeer is in it...Not sure about the black power ranger.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

did anyone watch the kennedys?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

newarenanow wrote:I haven't read this thread in a while. Does anyone watch Chuck, or know if it has been renewed?

According to Michael Ausiello (some TV blogger who is pretty good, as he always has inside info), Chuck could go either way. Below is the link to his renewal scorecard.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/renewal-s ... he-bubble/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:

According to Michael Ausiello (some TV blogger who is pretty good, as he always has inside info), Chuck could go either way. Below is the link to his renewal scorecard.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/renewal-s ... he-bubble/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i kind of hope traffic light gets renewed, but its doubtful, imo
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Watched the pilot of Body of Proof last week. Seems part crossing Jordan, part CSI, but set in Philadelphia. It was ok enough for us to give the 2nd episode a chance (recorded last night, not yet watched), and the 3rd ep is quickly up after DWTS tomorrow night.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

I know I'm years behind, but I just started watching Dexter. This show is awesome, and quite addicting.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

I will be ticked if Detroit 1-8-7 goes off the air. Love that show.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

obhave wrote:I know I'm years behind, but I just started watching Dexter. This show is awesome, and quite addicting.
I started watching Dexter like 6 months ago and my wife and I were addicted. However the show gets extremely terrible after season 2. I couldn't take it and gave up in season 4.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

obhave wrote:I know I'm years behind, but I just started watching Dexter. This show is awesome, and quite addicting.
I started watching Dexter this time last year, and finished seasons 1-4 in a month. Very addicting.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

I will be pissed if Chuck gets canceled, it is definitely my favorite network show.

Edit: Saw Tangled this weekend at my mother-in-law's house, Chuck voices the main dude in it and was really good.
Last edited by AlexPKeaton on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

The 15 minute preview of Game of Thrones last night was better than my most optimistic hopes. Holy crap this show is going to be *incredible*

This is the preview for those without HBO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZJpX4AdAM
Last edited by AlexPKeaton on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

AlexPKeaton wrote:
I started watching Dexter like 6 months ago and my wife and I were addicted. However the show gets extremely terrible after season 2. I couldn't take it and gave up in season 4.
I actually thought season 4 was the best one so far.

And Game of Thrones should be sweet. Plus it's got Alec "Sean Bean" Trevelyan in it. :thumb:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Thanks for the link.

Pretty much everything I watch is renewed. The only two that are "could go either way" that I watch are Chuck and Rules of Engagement.

Rules of Engagement, I wouldn't really miss, but it would be nice to have back.

I'd be upset if Chuck went away.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Yeah, I really like that site. The renewal scorecard is nice, and on the main page it has all of his blog entries, and he always has interesting scoop on shows. If you are a tv junkie, its a good blog.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

So on Instant Netflix they have a PBS show called Auschwitz: Into the Nazi State.

It's a six part series about how Auschwitz was built and the reasoning behind it. If you're a WWII buff, it's worth the watch. It's British PBS too.