Just Curious - Autograph Collectors?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just Curious - Autograph Collectors?

Post by Admin »

So you collect via mail? Do you have much luck with that?

I get Beckett Hockey mag. and there's a monthly column on autograph hounding. They've talked about mailing away for 'graphs but I didn't know if it really worked.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

pretty much 8x10s for us

Post by relantel »

We have one wall of our basement staircase full of pens auto-ed 8x10s, culminating with a 16x20 team photo of the 91 cup team auto'd by Mario. The other wall is steelers stuff, primarily pennants & towels and other stuff. Though with the retirement of Mario, I think we are down to all ex-Pens now out of 20 or so photos! Most of them were ebay acquired from reputable outlets.
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by freq019 »

i was into buying the BAP signature cards for a while and I have a ton that way. I'd love a Coffey auto let me know how that one goes. Is it true that some players will either rip or bend your cards so they are mint any more and aren't worth money?
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by freq019 »

PensInAz wrote:
freq019 wrote:i was into buying the BAP signature cards for a while and I have a ton that way. I'd love a Coffey auto let me know how that one goes. Is it true that some players will either rip or bend your cards so they are mint any more and aren't worth money?
I have heard that, as well, but have not encountered it yet. I am sure that it will happen eventually, though. I try to ask them to personalize it, which helps, I am sure. I used to just send plain index cards, but people are a little hesitant to sign them nowadays. Can't say that I blame them with how prevalent identity theft has become.

I'll post my successes and failures back to the site, along with addresses that I use.
thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

PensInAz wrote:I'll post my successes and failures back to the site, along with addresses that I use.
Please do. I'll be interested to hear how that goes.