The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:i loved MM and colony
Seriously. They had perfect chemistry.

couldnt agree more
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

online feed off because bball games on?
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:online feed off because bball games on?
Yes, and do they REALLY need to air the Westwood One coverage of all of these games? It's the easy and cheap way out. :face:
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

'DVE re-upped with the Steelers. So much for The Fan going after them.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

Chris Mueller is getting better and better. Definitely deserves to be in the 6-10 slot. Since Fillipponi went on his "because the Penguins employ Matt Cooke" rant, I refuse to listen to him.

As far as Pitt hoops coverage, Dick Groat is just brutal. Pittsburgh sports legend, but he needs to hang up the microphone. I think some people were holding their breath last game when he got wiped out by the UNC-Ashville player.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

Streaks House wrote:Chris Mueller is getting better and better. Definitely deserves to be in the 6-10 slot. Since Fillipponi went on his "because the Penguins employ Matt Cooke" rant, I refuse to listen to him.

As far as Pitt hoops coverage, Dick Groat is just brutal. Pittsburgh sports legend, but he needs to hang up the microphone. I think some people were holding their breath last game when he got wiped out by the UNC-Ashville player.
Dick Groat could give Deepak Chopra indigestion.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Streaks House wrote:Chris Mueller is getting better and better. Definitely deserves to be in the 6-10 slot. Since Fillipponi went on his "because the Penguins employ Matt Cooke" rant, I refuse to listen to him.

Dick groat is an ageless wonder. The man still drinks, cruses, and smokes like a sailor. hes indestructable.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

IronDukes37 wrote:Pitt lost, so you know what that means...

"...All Pens All the Time, Ninety Three Seven...The Fan..."
Well, maybe the fan will be tolerable....

Ah, who am i kidding, my ears will bleed the moment i turn the dial.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

Bioshock wrote:
IronDukes37 wrote:Pitt lost, so you know what that means...

"...All Pens All the Time, Ninety Three Seven...The Fan..."
Well, maybe the fan will be tolerable....

Ah, who am i kidding, my ears will bleed the moment i turn the dial.
They'll have "Best of Pitt Basketball 2010-2011" the next two weeks I'm sure. Recycling clips from games and talk show coverage, just as they did post SB.Maybe then we'll have some extra Pens coverage with NFL talk being pretty stagnant with the lockout.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

Scratch that. The Pirates aren't 25 games below .500 yet so that'll take precedence over the Penguins.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

Streaks House wrote:Scratch that. The Pirates aren't 25 games below .500 yet so that'll take precedence over the Penguins.
I find it really strange how good hockey talk doesn't exist outside of Mark Madden in Pittsburgh. Like, the Pens are the most followed and well received franchise going this time of year and we are hearing about Pitt and the Pirates? You gotta know your audience.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

Bioshock, spot on. I really don't understand what it will take her for hockey to get a little more press. The team has a very strong following right now, I can't believe that these mess media outlets like The Fan are not trying to exploit this.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Marshall Dylan »

Bioshock wrote:
Streaks House wrote:Scratch that. The Pirates aren't 25 games below .500 yet so that'll take precedence over the Penguins.
I find it really strange how good hockey talk doesn't exist outside of Mark Madden in Pittsburgh. Like, the Pens are the most followed and well received franchise going this time of year and we are hearing about Pitt and the Pirates? You gotta know your audience.
What are the hot Pens topics? The playoffs are still weeks away, Crosby isn't back, the trading deadline has passed. It's the end of a long season. How much longer are you going to talk about the NHL and head shots?

I've heard Kevin Allen and Pierre McGuire on the Starkey and Co. show. They talk about hockey.

Pitt is/was in the NCAA Tournament. Pretty big deal. The Fan carries Pitt games and has an interest in promoting them.

Madden talks a lot of Pens because (a) It's the only topic he knows and (b) His station carries the games.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

Filiponi =joke i liked him at first but now i wont turn the station on between 6-10
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I'll be avoiding the Fan until Pitt's loss blows over. The whining from Pitt fans will be intolerable.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

heard a little of filiponi last night, he was obviously taking the "pens are hypocrites stance" with regards to employing matt cooke. people just need to stop calling in and feeding him material.

everyone just needs to vow to not call in, even though its so tempting to argue with him.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Streaks House wrote:Bioshock, spot on. I really don't understand what it will take her for hockey to get a little more press. The team has a very strong following right now, I can't believe that these mess media outlets like The Fan are not trying to exploit this.
They talk about what people call in for. Obviously Pitt is big right now because of NCAA tourney time. And the Bucs, even though they suck, have a much larger older fan base, and it seems the older crowd are the ones that call in a lot. Starting spring training is still somewhat big.

I do hear a lot of Pens talk (it's funny, because on the Pitt I follow, they always complain no one talks about Pitt and it's all Steelers and Pens).

If you want more Pens talk, call in and get it started. I'm sure once the playoffs start in two weeks, there will be a ton more talk.

Some people don't realize that there is actually an audience for Pitt and the Pirates.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

I barely listen to the Fan any more. Just had it with the show formats, endless car commercials and most of the personalities. Nice while it lasted.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

ron rook is such a curmudgeon
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Eismann wrote:I barely listen to the Fan any more. Just had it with the show formats, endless car commercials and most of the personalities. Nice while it lasted.
Outside of Filliponi, I actually enjoy the FAN. I have it on everyday from morning until 6. I think they do a good job.

The person I actually enjoy the most is Josh Miller though. He just brings a different perspective on things.

Honestly, if they could get Bendle, or Madden to come in and fill in the 6:00 show, I'd have it on all day.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Giannotti this morning was doing a bit where Charles Barkley (Giannotti doing a bad Barkley impression) calls local sports figures and leaves them voicemail. Not a bad premise except the entire thing was ripped off of Frank Caliendo's impression of Barkley right down to the "you turribull"...was that really even necessary?

Morning Show is starting to annoy me, between Giannotti trying to be Howard Stern and Alexander's forced, fake laughing. Colony is ok though.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

colony is awesome. alexander and gianotti need to be run out of town.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

The numbers for the shows, how have they been? Any change of possibly having people removed for different talent? I actually miss Burton.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.