The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by K2 »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Is it me, or has Mondesis House went way downhill since he became associated with The Fan? I used to read that site multiple times a day, now I only go there if I am really bored. It just seems that since he joined The Fan, they now have a say in what he can / cannot post. Also, it seems that he doesnt post nearly as often. /rant
Agreed. Wholeheartedly.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

K2 wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Is it me, or has Mondesis House went way downhill since he became associated with The Fan? I used to read that site multiple times a day, now I only go there if I am really bored. It just seems that since he joined The Fan, they now have a say in what he can / cannot post. Also, it seems that he doesnt post nearly as often. /rant
Agreed. Wholeheartedly.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Totally agree...I dont even read it anymore honestly.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

Yes.
I would always check that out. Then he brought in 'staff' and that didn't work, now it's unfortunately not worth a mouse click.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Used to read MH in college but forgot Bout it til now. Didn't know he was with the fan team?
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

IronDukes37 wrote:One Year Anniversary
93.7 stands alone, declares Victory!
Letang Is The Truth wrote:70 bucks? dang man
Got it for 50, wait for sale or coupon, not perfect but works for me. :thumb:
We have arrived?
Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Ned Braden »

Come on ... it's been a month now since anyone has ripped on The Fan . . . surely something on/about the station has pissed someone off!
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Ned Braden wrote:Come on ... it's been a month now since anyone has ripped on The Fan . . . surely something on/about the station has pissed someone off!
Strangely enough... letting Grimm talk about hockey doesn't anger me. Vinnie needs fired still though.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Ned Braden wrote:Come on ... it's been a month now since anyone has ripped on The Fan . . . surely something on/about the station has pissed someone off!
Strangely enough... letting Grimm talk about hockey doesn't anger me. Vinnie needs fired still though.
I've heard him the last few weekends and he's not that bad.

Not saying he's the go-to guy for expert analysis (the "half of your core missing also equal at least half way through the playoffs" argument doesn't hold much value with me), but I've heard much, much worse.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

JS© wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

Not saying he's the go-to guy for expert analysis (the "half of your core missing also equal at least half way through the playoffs" argument doesn't hold much value with me), but I've heard much, much worse.
Man, if you have, I'd like to know who. Half of the stuff Vinny says doesn't even pass the reality smell test.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

tonysoprano wrote:
JS© wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote: Strangely enough... letting Grimm talk about hockey doesn't anger me. Vinnie needs fired still though.

Man, if you have, I'd like to know who. Half of the stuff Vinny says doesn't even pass the reality smell test.
No, no, I meant Grimm. I probably should have bolded that.

If we're talking Vinnie, I would probably get better sports opinions from the neighbor's dog.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

JS© wrote: No, no, I meant Grimm. I probably should have bolded that.

If we're talking Vinnie, I would probably get better sports opinions from the neighbor's dog.
ha ha. Agreed on that.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

i cant listen to grimm. his diction is unbearable for me
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

I think it has just gotten to the point where no one is complaining on this topic simply cause no one cares or listens to the Fan or has just become totally numb to it.

When the story about Sid became public i turned to the Fan and they didn't even mention it for like 30 minutes after the fact. I wasn't mad or even surprised because i have come to expect that level of incompetence. When the bar is so low you just can't be disappointed.

"Sid is coming back! Let's talk about Pitt!"

Sigh...
Nuge
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Nuge »

Bioshock wrote:I think it has just gotten to the point where no one is complaining on this topic simply cause no one cares or listens to the Fan or has just become totally numb to it.

When the story about Sid became public i turned to the Fan and they didn't even mention it for like 30 minutes after the fact. I wasn't mad or even surprised because i have come to expect that level of incompetence. When the bar is so low you just can't be disappointed.

Sigh...
It seems like they all stick to the script too much. None of them have the ability to adapt their show for any sort of breaking news.

"We'll get into that in the next hour"
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

what did ryan clark say on his interview this AM?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I removed this station from my favorites list on my player. The morning show sucks. It's entirely obvious that there is animosity between Alexander and Gianatti.

The afternoon show sucks.

Josh Miller is the only one I like and he doesn't even want to be apart of the afternoon show.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

Malkamaniac wrote:I removed this station from my favorites list on my player. The morning show sucks. It's entirely obvious that there is animosity between Alexander and Gianatti.

The afternoon show sucks.

Josh Miller is the only one I like and he doesn't even want to be apart of the afternoon show.
GREETINGS AND WELCOME TO THE MACHINE

It's painful to listen to
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Nuge wrote:
Bioshock wrote:I think it has just gotten to the point where no one is complaining on this topic simply cause no one cares or listens to the Fan or has just become totally numb to it.

Sigh...
It seems like they all stick to the script too much. None of them have the ability to adapt their show for any sort of breaking news.

"We'll get into that in the next hour"
Wow, a criticism that is actually SPOT on. I have noticed that too, they have a set schedule every show “Pitt talk 10-11, Steelers talk 11-12, Pens talk 12-1”, etc. Personally I like it all mixed in it at once, but that is just a personal preference I guess

However, when ANY breaking news story happens, they mention it then ignore it (can’t get away from the script). It has been literally every large story. Even the big ben rape thing, I turned on the fan when it happened, and they did not talk about it all, actually said the famous “getting calls about ben, we’ll get to that in a couple hours, for now we are talking about________”. it just seems like a waste to me. I always turn on the fan when something big happens only for them to ignore it.

Then again maybe it is better, the machine talking about Crosby skating caused me to want to yank my hair out it was so bad
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

If you're a radio station called "The Fan" and you promote nothing but the Fan's voices in which they call in and you discuss the topic. Why even have a set schedule anyways.

In turn, that would make me hate The Fan anyways, because they enjoy giving people with half a brain air time.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

There's only so much Pitt basketball talk that I can take, and these guys talking about hockey is comical.

With Miller being moved out of my normal listening time, (i drive home after 6). I've learned the filponi is awful, his contrarian stance on everything makes me want to jam pencils into my ears.

All that said, i've switched to my ipod during the day and books on CD in the car, no more sports talk for me.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Yea Poni shouldn't have a show at all. He does nothing for that station.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

I went away for work for 2 weeks, have been back for 2 weeks now and realized that I forgot this station existed while I was gone.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

i used to like poni when he discussed silly topics but i really dont get the impression he knows anything about sports because he just tries to be a contrarian