Porter mouths off again

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Porter mouths off again

Post by rasbatch »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06032/647860.stm

Seems like Joey just loves the trash talking to much. At least he has shown up in the playoffs unlike the regular season. Lets see some pro-bowl caliper play on sunday and we'll just pretend nothing was ever said, OK.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

Porter is right in this case. Who is Stevens to talk trash?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

At least this time it was in response to something someone else said. I'd rather see guys shut up and play, but I can live with a little talking if it's backed up on the field.

Too often with Porter (though not recently), his talk has been bigger than his play.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Porter mouths off again

Post by Admin »

rasbatch wrote:http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06032/647860.stm

Seems like Joey just loves the trash talking to much. At least he has shown up in the playoffs unlike the regular season. Lets see some pro-bowl caliper play on sunday and we'll just pretend nothing was ever said, OK.
Maybe he'll get in a fight with the Stones pre-game and get tossed...
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

oh yeah

Post by rasbatch »

I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to shout back. I just hope he remembers there's a game to be played and does that. I think he's played much better in all the playoff games and smashes steven into mud
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Porter mouths off again

Post by netwolf »

Admin wrote:Maybe he'll get in a fight with the Stones pre-game and get tossed...
Well if he's smart, he'll stay away from Keith Richards. You can't kill someone that's already dead...
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

wardrobe malfunctions

Post by rasbatch »

As long as mick doesn't have a malfunction everything is allgood

Oh yeah dead or alive Keith Rocks
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

One more thing

Post by rasbatch »

Lets get a ring for Tommy-gun so he can ride off into the sunset
Admin
Site Admin

Re: One more thing

Post by Admin »

rasbatch wrote:Lets get a ring for Tommy-gun so he can ride off into the sunset
It still wouldn't be as sweet as winning the XFL Million Dollar Game and getting this:

http://www.all-xfl.com/xfl/images/XFL_Champ_Ring.jpg
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

That's a handsome manring alright

Post by rasbatch »

:roll:
Admin
Site Admin

Re: That's a handsome manring alright

Post by Admin »

Wait, you have seen Super Bowl rings, correct?
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Oh yeah, I've seen em

Post by rasbatch »

But I want a junior A and I want it the honest way
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oh yeah, I've seen em

Post by Admin »

rasbatch wrote:But I want a junior A and I want it the honest way
You're 22% of the way there.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I'd rather have a pissed off Porter than a sedated Prter. Although it's not nearly as bad as Freddie Mitchell asking who the Pats DB's were since he didn't know their names last year.

And if I'm Stevens I wouldn't be looking over my shoulder at Porter after he maes a 3 yeard catch because that's when Polamalu will knock you into next month.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

the last time a TE and his team tried to talk trash, Porter did a little damage to Todd Heap.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Porter's mouth in this instance is pretty harmless. He won't let it get out of control, and he sure as heck won't take out the TE in a pregame ejection fest... it's not an even swap.

Porter's not stupid. And the media availability from here to sunday is slim, so chances are we will have all forgotten about it by the time Sunday rolls around.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Jesse »

"He should know his role."

Nice Rock reference by Porter.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

I'm fine with him going off this time. Stevens should have known better than to rile up our defense, especially Porter, who can be, um, especially motivated by this kind of stuff.

And he seemed to back up his talk in Indy. I think he'll be fine. I'm not so sure about Stevens though.
Diddy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Dissin'

Post by Diddy »

Am I the only one who thinks Stevens said nothing wrong. I mean the guy has confidence that his team will win, that's all. And also how is he disrespecting Jerome Bettis? I'm glad Joey is fired up because I want him to run wild on Seattle but really. When I think of trash talk I think of somebody saying "Hey Joey Porter, YOU SUCK" or something like that. Not "My team is going to win" type stuff...
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Agreed Diddy...

Trash talkin' is saying he's going run circles around Porter, score a few TD's and run the Bus' dream off the tracks. All Steven's did was show confidence in his team. I thought Porter went off a bit too long about it myself.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Joey only gets on my nerves when he isn't backing it up on the field. He's been playing like a man possessed ever since he was selected to the pro bowl though... which tells me he is finally healthy from his gunshot/knee inuries he's had... he hasn't looked this good for a couple years.

WHile I don't have a problem with what Stevens said, this is NOT the team to say something like that too...

think Steve Smith. (I'm not saying Porter is as good at his position btw). Chicago comes up and talks trash on him before the game, he EXPLODES and destroys their triple teams. The following week, nobody says anything bad, and Mike Holmgren tells himn how great he is before the game... no anger, no dominance.

I thought Porter was insane at first when he ranted about the Colts... then as soon as I realized what he was doing I had no probems with it, and I still think Peyton's jersey has a 55 imprinted on it.

If I'm Hasselbeck, I'm upping my life insurance now.