TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Sarcastic »

I just watched The Event tonight... the 2 new episodes. Apparently it's re-shown on Tuesdays at 11PM on Sci-Fi. Excuse me. SYFY. Seems a bit badly written, still, but it looks like they are going to put more action in it and I think it's going to be better than the first season. Thomas is a real a-hole.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

MWB wrote:Justified is the best drama on right now.
I got my mom hooked on it.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:not sure if mentioned, but does anyone watch Shameless?
I don't have any interest in watching it, but I d/l the nude scenes at egotastic. They seem to have them every week. Man, Emmy Rossum is such a slut. Everywhere I always read was how stupid she is, which was a surprise to me because she seemed like a nice girl and I kind of had a crush on her after The Day After Tomorrow or whatever that was called. But then she married the world's ugliest dude, literally, I mean literally, and wouldn't tell anyone just kept it a secret. She then got together with the guy from Counting Crows who was old enough to be her dad (good for him, thumbs up), and now she's running around with her ass all bare every week and talking about the "patch" she uses to cover the main thing. I think I was wrong.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

anyone watch portlandia? regardless of what you may think about fred armisen, this show is great.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

shmenguin wrote:anyone watch portlandia? regardless of what you may think about fred armisen, this show is great.
Yeah, great show.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Re: Community Finale
Spoiler:
I read online that the season finale of Community will be an hour long episode titled "Modern Warfare 2." For those of you who dont remember, Modern Warfare was the paintball episode in season 1. I am glad to see that they are doing an hour long sequel of it, as it was the first episode of Community that I saw, and it got me hooked on the show
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Yeah that was amazing. I look forward to watching that after I get home from the bar tonight.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

is Community new tonight?
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

House
Spoiler:
I hate they broke them up and I really think I will dislike the return to druggie House.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Sarcastic wrote:White Collar season was awesome. That redhead is a regular next year, so that's good because.... well, she's hot. Why else would I care? Duh. Only thing that bothered me is that the main guy... crap, I have no memory for names......................... the thief, goddamn it.... going too google it...... Neal...... seemed to have worked on his walk between season 1 and 2 because he now walks with his hips like a woman. He thinks he's sexy, the next Clint Eastwood, a hunk, but it looks to me like had a hip condition.
This is one of the top 3 shows on tv right now. IMO
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:House
Spoiler:
I hate they broke them up and I really think I will dislike the return to druggie House.
Spoiler:
I agree and why the hell are some women so irrational. One strike and you're out. She's a.... can we say the D word?... a Richard.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

The last Justified episode...wow. I think Rayland and Boyd are the two coolest hombres on TV. I want to start talking like Boyd, super slow and relaxed. I think I have a mancrush on him.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Sarcastic wrote:The last Justified episode...wow. I think Rayland and Boyd are the two coolest hombres on TV. I want to start talking like Boyd, super slow and relaxed. I think I have a mancrush on him.
Boyd is awesome, I'd agree on the mancrush if it werent for Neal Caffrey haha
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Sarcastic wrote:The last Justified episode...wow. I think Rayland and Boyd are the two coolest hombres on TV. I want to start talking like Boyd, super slow and relaxed. I think I have a mancrush on him.
Agreed on Boyd.
Spoiler:
And how about the mother whipping out the hammer and smashing her kid's hand. Wow.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

MWB wrote:
Agreed on Boyd.
Spoiler:
And how about the mother whipping out the hammer and smashing her kid's hand. Wow.
Spoiler:
She and her sons make an amazing season-long story. She is so ruthless, yet there is a sense of warmth and purpose to her. She's fantastic in her role. And how about that little girl... Loretta. I am blown away by how mature she is and how well she can act. Eva, too, fantastic job the last 2 seasons. Rayland's (is that how you spell his name!?) wife - I've had a crush on her since she was on Dirty Sexy Money. This show really captures you emotionally for 60 minutes.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I just found out that the Out of the Wild series on Discovery started back up again with Out of the Wild - Venezuela. I loved Out of the Wild Alaska, so I am definitely going to tune into this one.
somehow i missed episode 2 but this stuff is exactly what i love. never knew this was the kind of show it was. never saw the wild alaska season.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Anyone catch Breakout Kings tonight? Seems like it might be a decent new show.
i almost watched it. the promos for it really caught my eye. i guess i'll wait to see what people say. i like the idea and some of the actors.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Sarcastic wrote:White Collar season was awesome. That redhead is a regular next year, so that's good because.... well, she's hot. Why else would I care? Duh. Only thing that bothered me is that the main guy... crap, I have no memory for names......................... the thief, goddamn it.... going too google it...... Neal...... seemed to have worked on his walk between season 1 and 2 because he now walks with his hips like a woman. He thinks he's sexy, the next Clint Eastwood, a hunk, but it looks to me like had a hip condition.
:lol: starting with your "duh," i read your post as if charlie sheen was saying it to me in a ustream transmission
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

interesting to hear justified being heralded here. i wanted it to be good since olyphant is there. i'll have to look in to seeing that first season.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

+5

maybe i'm crazy, but i respect the hell out of donald trump. i love watching the huge egos confront each other and get crushed. meanwhile they're forced to think on their feet and show their true selves. trump sometimes has to make the wrong decision in the mini game for the long run, which can tick me off, but i enjoy watching his dominance. and hey, he's lighting a fire under these people to raise money. celebrity apprentice is just really done well, and i've enjoyed it thoroughly the last few seasons. this kind of focused conflict interests me.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

LeopardLetang wrote:interesting to hear justified being heralded here. i wanted it to be good since olyphant is there. i'll have to look in to seeing that first season.
I decided to check it out b/c of what has been said here, glad I did.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Anyone watch CASTLE? it may be my favorite show on tv right now. I gotta go back and watch the 1st season, but everything else has been great. No complaints with the female lead either.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

eddysnake wrote:Anyone watch CASTLE? it may be my favorite show on tv right now. I gotta go back and watch the 1st season, but everything else has been great. No complaints with the female lead either.
Yep - near caught up (only 2-3 eps behind). Found this mid-season 2 thanks in large part having seen Fillion in Dr. Horrible, and the TV already being on ABC for something LOST related back then. Set the DVR, and the rest is history. We filled in the season one eps via the web, enough to set the plot.

Accidentally caught Firefly (also Fillion, + Whedon) on Science Channel last night, they aired first two episodes, with more of the 14 ep run airing Sundays at 10pm going forward. I've known about the show fora while, but this was the first I actually had seen it. Kind of weird, given seeing it after having seen Fillion in Dr Horrible and Castle, that it only lasted part of one season on Fox in 02-03. Seems like it should have gone on longer.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Castle is awesome, its the only show I make sure to keep up with week by week.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Seconded on Castles' awesomeness.