the flyers make me sick

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
randy

the flyers make me sick

Post by randy »

I heard something that theyre now trying to pry keith tkachuk out of st. louis. he has a broken knuckle or something now. What the hell is their salary level now? can they fit him in without dumping some people?
Primeau should count towards their numbers, but doesnt, correct?
Is any teams other than them and jersey trying any cap shenanigans? Of course it would be those two.
scb147
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by scb147 »

This should be under the "NPR" forum :)
puckad

Post by puckad »

They can have Tkachuk. They'll never win the cup with their goaltending duo.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Flyers are better then the Penguins. You all wish we were as good. :twisted:
puckad

Post by puckad »

Peter wrote:Flyers are better then the Penguins.
The Kolten Flyers are better than the Pens. Philadelphia still won't win the cup this year.
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

So not only do you guys whine when there is a cap, but now how the cap system works. Primeau is done, why should his salary count vs the cap if he retires. Palfy's doesn't why should his?

Once again the big bad mean Flyers are getting special treatment. LOL! There is no end to the whining.

Yeah like mentioned who cares, Tkachuk is done anyways.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

The point is Palffy DID retire. As far as the NHL and NHLPA are concerned his career is over. Primeau has not retired. If he retires then YES his slary should come off of the books. But until that time, it should stay on the books. Better hope you guys win it all this year, because I see salary cap trouble in the future, for your team.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The way I understand it is Primeau's salary is not counted towards the Cap if he's on the IR much like Elias's was not counted towards the Devils cap. If Primeau decides to sit out the year then the Flyers can trade for Tkachuk. It's wrong to penalize a team because players can't opr won't play.
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by vcip »

Hey FN miss me over there? :cry:
That jsp guy has thin skin huh?
randy

Post by randy »

with that defence, the orange wienies are going NO WHERE

Randy Jones?
Fred Meyer the fourth (what a jag-off, sounds like a friggin attorney, not a hockey player)
Hatch the pylon?

Im sure there are more cap running deals in the works though to tighten it up :roll:

Hope RJ Dumbereger enjoys all that dough playing fourth line (soon to be buried further when tay-chuck arrives). He could be double shifting here, but the fly boys showed him the money
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

as much as we hate the Flyers....

Post by relantel »

They may not go far, but rest assured that they're going a lot farther than our Pens are.
yeltzen

Re: as much as we hate the Flyers....

Post by yeltzen »

relantel wrote:They may not go far, but rest assured that they're going a lot farther than our Pens are.
What's the difference? Only one team wins the Cup, and that's the only team anyone remembers.
No one says, "oh boy, my XXXX's sure had a great run to the 2nd round of the playoffs last year!"