The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:70 bucks? dang man

yeah nuts to that.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

I have this one, it's $40 and also available at most Best Buy stores.
I would use it more if my company car had an aux input. Still, worth it to pick up Penguins Radio, which I don't listen to as often as I should.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
Marshall Dylan wrote: Vinny ate the Spaghetti-Os.
Niney shree sheven da shpagettio
I thought I laughed so hard at this last night cause I was drunk. Turns out that's not the case. Shhhtill laughing
I did the same. Scrolled back to quote something (forget what it was) and I laughed more the second time than I did the first.
Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Ned Braden »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Don't forget the Hot Lunsh. The top plays of everyday that no matter how bad the Penguins lose, a play in the game is for some reason part of "Vinnie and Cookies Hot Lunsh"
My guess is that if you called in during that Hot Lunsh and brought it up you could get Vinnie to actually shay shpaghettios ... then Cook would probably yell at him.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Someone should ask Grimm where Wilkes burrrrrrr is
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

IMO, the Fan really blew it this weekend. Every time I turned it on Saturday and Sunday, they were doing the Steelers rewind / year in review thing. I am sure that people were champing at the bit to call in about the Pens / Isles. I know that they had this Steelers thing pre-planned, as they were promoting it all week, but still, they missed a golden opportunity to gather some weekend ratings. I am 100% positive that it would have been better than Seibel re-hashing the Falcons game from week 1.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:IMO, the Fan really blew it this weekend. Every time I turned it on Saturday and Sunday, they were doing the Steelers rewind / year in review thing. I am sure that people were champing at the bit to call in about the Pens / Isles. I know that they had this Steelers thing pre-planned, as they were promoting it all week, but still, they missed a golden opportunity to gather some weekend ratings. I am 100% positive that it would have been better than Seibel re-hashing the Falcons game from week 1.
I love the Steelers, and had no desire to listen to Steelers talk. They just lost the Super Bowl, most don't want to rehash the season so soon.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

agree totally. i was going to post something to that extent. i usually always listen when im in the car and i probably listened for 5 total minutes this weekend.

grimm getting mid day show to talk hockey? COMpletely CONfused
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'm tired of Steelers talk. That's all we ever hear about.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:agree totally. i was going to post something to that extent. i usually always listen when im in the car and i probably listened for 5 total minutes this weekend.

grimm getting mid day show to talk hockey? COMpletely CONfused
Liked the hockey content at lunchtime. Still don't really like Grimm's broadcasting style but he does a good show content-wise.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

his style is rubbish. ugh
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:IMO, the Fan really blew it this weekend. Every time I turned it on Saturday and Sunday, they were doing the Steelers rewind / year in review thing. I am sure that people were champing at the bit to call in about the Pens / Isles. I know that they had this Steelers thing pre-planned, as they were promoting it all week, but still, they missed a golden opportunity to gather some weekend ratings. I am 100% positive that it would have been better than Seibel re-hashing the Falcons game from week 1.

now that the steelers are done, i'm finished with the fan. if their hockey coverage is grimm taking calls i can't handle that. i missed the game on friday and was listening saturday morning. some caller said something stupid like, "pens should dress ogie ogelthorope next game vs isles". this was apparantly so funny to grimm that he couldnt keep his compusure and just lauged for 10 seconds.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

conTRAAAAAAAversy
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

kenny the kangaroo is waiting for the fan to start promoting the drive to 46!!!!

lots of pitt fans were upset that the fan did not even bother to have a post game show following the Pitt-Villanova game saturday night. Instead of a call in show, they got that prerecorded stillers garbage.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

O NOEZ PITT BASKETBALL FANS H8 DA STILLERS
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:kenny the kangaroo is waiting for the fan to start promoting the drive to 46!!!!

lots of pitt fans were upset that the fan did not even bother to have a post game show following the Pitt-Villanova game saturday night. Instead of a call in show, they got that prerecorded stillers garbage.
I wonder how much of the Steelers stuff was pre-recorded? I wonder if it was done during the week and aired over the weekend, or if they did it on the weekend and just re-aired it at night?

The Fan had a chance to send a clear and strong message that they were going to be a big-time player in Pittsburgh Sports talk radio. It failed. If the events relating this past weekend's programming reflect the state of the station, I need to re-think whether I want to listen again. /tryingtobesmoothlikemario
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Starky is a moron. Says over and over again that Mario has never said anything to try and change the league or the game for better. Yet ignores what Mario did to get the hooking and holding out of the game. I feel bad for Josh Miller because he seems intelligent but just doesn't know enough about hockey to put Starky in his place. I almost wish they wouldn't talk about hockey period.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Marshall Dylan »

Didn't hear the Steelers thing, but it may have been sponsored. If that's the case, it's profitable. They're also making a big pitch to get Steelers radio rights, so that could be a factor, too.

Weekend ratings don't matter. Stations make their money from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, unless they have play-by-play.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

I can't listen obviously, but what's the point of having Josh Miller on during the Steelers' offseason? Or has The Fan decided that there is no such thing?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

HomerPenguin wrote:I can't listen obviously, but what's the point of having Josh Miller on during the Steelers' offseason? Or has The Fan decided that there is no such thing?
Miller is a good dude that you can tell actually does some research about the topics at hand. He has no problem talking stuff other than football. I was honestly impressed by him.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Miller isn't another mike Logan and that's a good thing
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Miller is the best person on that station imo. He admitted that he didn't watch hockey, but now because of his job he said he's been watching more and more and becoming a fan.

He provides for me an outside perspective on what a casual fan thinks, and his opinions are always usually well thought out.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

HomerPenguin wrote:I can't listen obviously, but what's the point of having Josh Miller on during the Steelers' offseason? Or has The Fan decided that there is no such thing?
That's Pittsburgh for ya.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Malkamaniac wrote:Miller is the best person on that station imo. He admitted that he didn't watch hockey, but now because of his job he said he's been watching more and more and becoming a fan.

He provides for me an outside perspective on what a casual fan thinks, and his opinions are always usually well thought out.
Yeah you can tell that he hasn't had any journalism training because his thoughts aren't usually one sided and are well thought out rather than taking a stance and sticking to it no matter how flawed or what facts say otherwise. That's a good thing IMO.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Is it me, or has Mondesis House went way downhill since he became associated with The Fan? I used to read that site multiple times a day, now I only go there if I am really bored. It just seems that since he joined The Fan, they now have a say in what he can / cannot post. Also, it seems that he doesnt post nearly as often. /rant