Balsille was at the game last night and was sitting in the

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bill from turtle creek »

Mad City Mike wrote: BTW, if we KNOW the team is going to stay, I would much rather it be owned by Balsillie than Cuban. I think Balsillie's passion for hockey would be a great thing, as opposed to a "hometown boy" having the team as just another of his play toys.
Not me. I'm all for a hometown boy like Cuban buying this team. I hardly think that he'd treat it like a "toy". Plus, he's an NBA owner who knows about marketing, knows about salary caps, knows about running a building. Plus, and I don't care how many of you people want to slam him, I think he'd be a great owner. I couldn't care less if he likes publicity; the NHL sure could use some.

On the other hand, I will not ever trust JB. Even with a lease, you can always buy your way out of one if you want. It costs big dollars, maybe, but that isn't an issue with him. I am sure he's passionate about hockey, but I am also sure that given the best of all worlds he'd prefer a team in his backyard.
SpinnerSpencer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SpinnerSpencer »

They just said on Junker and Crow it was Pierre McGuire.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

SpinnerSpencer wrote:They just said on Junker and Crow it was Pierre McGuire.
Pierre McGuire was sitting between the benches for the TSN broadcast.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
wrong :roll:

What do you mean wrong. Wrong that they didn't say it on Junker and Crowe, or wrong, because you still think it was JB.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

newarenanow wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:

What do you mean wrong. Wrong that they didn't say it on Junker and Crowe, or wrong, because you still think it was JB.
Wrong because it wasn't Pierre McGuire.
edog

Post by edog »

pfim wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:

Wrong because it wasn't Pierre McGuire.
Why wouldn't it be Pierre McGuire? He is bald & has glasses....& was there at the game.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Why wouldn't it be Pierre McGuire? He is bald & has glasses....& was there at the game.
He was sitting between the benches. How would he get up there during the game?
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by marek »

heshootsandscores wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:On TSN, they showed Mario, Sawyer, and somebody I don't think was either Burkle or Balsillie (definitely not the latter) really yukking it up during the game. They looked very happy and relaxed. If this is what that caller was going on, it most definitely was not Balsillie.
then who was it :?
It was an older guy who I thought might have been Burkle. But I Googled Burkle images this AM, and it wasn't him. So I have no idea. Maybe somebody who is computer-literate can post an image off the broadcast?
Maybe it was Mark Madden :wink:
it def wasnt madden, the balcony would have collapsed.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

it def wasnt madden, the balcony would have collapsed.
He certainly wasn't sitting between the benches.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

it def wasnt madden, the balcony would have collapsed
Are the insults really necessary?

in this case, yes - yes they are. ;) that's pretty good.
SpinnerSpencer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SpinnerSpencer »

The guy who originally called in said he, the caller, was at the game and was keeping an eye on the owners box and said Balsille was in the owners box.

So the producer Junker and Crow did some digging on the info and said that it was McGuire.
Guins

Post by Guins »

SpinnerSpencer wrote:The guy who originally called in said he, the caller, was at the game and was keeping an eye on the owners box and said Balsille was in the owners box.

So the producer Junker and Crow did some digging on the info and said that it was McGuire.
well they dug the wrong hole because he was between the benches,But that's typical for those two
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by JDJ8766 »

The caller asked if the bald guy talking to Stan before the game was Balsillie. Guy and Eddie said they weren't sure. A couple minutes later, someone came in and said it was MacGuire. I saw MacGuire being talking to Stan before the game last night as well.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

There are these magical transportation devices in large buildings called elevators. They can suddenly take a group of people from one level of the building to another level! It's amazing! :roll:

Pierre McGuire, along with every other broadcaster in the business, makes appearances in the press box, owners boxes, and even special visitor boxes to chat during intermissions. Maybe even get a little inside info to help the broadcast. Since Pierre was down on the ice, he couldn't just skip over next door.

The original Junker and Crow caller never said when he saw the apparent Balsillie look alike (aka Pierre McGuire). Pierre is fairly close to Mario and the Penguins organization. I guarantee you Pierre was in the box at some point, especially during intermission.

It was not Jim Balsillie.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

By the way, a comparison to nail this topic shut:

Pierre McGuire:

Jim Balsillie:
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

That's scary. Has anyone seen Pierre McGuire and Jim Balsillie at the same place at the same time?

:lol:
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

Maybe all bald white guys look the same. Ever thought about that?