A little tidbit from the Trib...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Guido »

Imagine if he were actually trying.... :roll:

Seriously though, Malkin has met, if not exceded my expectations for his first season in the NHL.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

Malkin's on pace for 93 points if he doesn't miss another game the rest of the way. I think he's got a good shot of breaking 100 points and Lemieux's rookie goal record if he picks his game up down the stretch like Crosby did last year. He doesn't even have to go as crazy as Crosby did to do it, plus he's got a better supporting cast.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Henry Hank wrote:Malkin's on pace for 93 points if he doesn't miss another game the rest of the way.
But that's just silly. It was argued quite convincingly here a few weeks ago that since Malkin missed 4 games in the first part of the season, he's also on pace to miss 4 games in the remainder of the season. I think Leclair is going to pick him off with a heavy dose of animal tranqs with a shot from the rafters of the arena, and he'll need the 4 games to detox, but that's just a theory.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Sidney didn't have Jordan Staal and Sidney Crosby to play with.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Easton »

Mango Salsa wrote:Sidney didn't have Jordan Staal and Sidney Crosby to play with.
He had Ziggy Palffy for near half the season. He played with Ziggy on his line more games than Malkin played with Crosby on his line. But regardless, this point will be argued back and forth - He's only doing this well because of the cast around him, eh, maybe, maybe not - the facts are facts. He has 4 more points than Crosby did at this time last year.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Guido wrote:Imagine if he were actually trying...
Yep... just think if he actually was...
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan20 »

Mango Salsa wrote:Sidney didn't have Jordan Staal and Sidney Crosby to play with.
common, Sid plays with himself everynight...i mean when he is playing 1-5 hockey... yeah thats what i meant.... :shock: :lol:
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan20 »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
pensfan20 wrote:
common, Sid plays with himself everynight...i mean when he is playing 1-5 hockey... yeah thats what i meant.... :shock: :lol:
did you see the pic of the girl with the "five hole sign up"
yeah but he cant be doing that cause he may wake the kids up! :lol: or Mario, and he may not want to p*ss him off now a days.. he may be a little cranky still. :lol:
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

What is the guy next to her thinking? Or is he thinking at all, considering he went to "Ocean City University."