TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

OMG WHAT A RUBE!!!!11!1!2!
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

spent three hours making a wiki page for a minor league team that never played a game, complete with references.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Idoit40fans wrote:I'm still upset that Drive was cancelled after just a few episodes, that show was sweet.
I watched all 4 episodes before I knew it was cancelled. Joss Whedon can't keep a show on TV to save his life right now.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I'll keep watching The Cape. I was pretty amazed that they rushed the entire backstory into the first 42 minutes but on the other hand it lets them get to the meat of the show which is going to be;

1) Bad guys do bad things
2) The Cape stops them
3) Vince misses his family
4) Repeat

I can live with that as long as it remains entertaining. Also....The Cape is a stupid name.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

PensFanInDC wrote:Also....The Cape is a stupid name.
sounds like a teen drama centered around summer houses in new england.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

JS© wrote:spent three hours making a wiki page for a minor league team that never played a game, complete with references.
That sounds like a lousy TV show.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I'm still upset that Drive was cancelled after just a few episodes, that show was sweet.
I watched all 4 episodes before I knew it was cancelled. Joss Whedon can't keep a show on TV to save his life right now.
Whedon is good stuff. Doesn't hurt to have had Nathan Fillion though. It was this that led us to Castle, after having caught Dr Horrible. (we were already watching HIMYM)
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

PensFanInDC wrote:I'll keep watching The Cape. I was pretty amazed that they rushed the entire backstory into the first 42 minutes but on the other hand it lets them get to the meat of the show which is going to be;

1) Bad guys do bad things
2) The Cape stops them
3) Vince misses his family
4) Repeat

I can live with that as long as it remains entertaining. Also....The Cape is a stupid name.
agreed on all parts, but I like that they poke fun at the name too, like the end

"You're a superhero, what do they call you?"
"The Cape"
"Eh..... you'll work on it"

lol

I kind of wished this would of had a 2 hr series premier as it would not of felt so rushed. However, I enjoyed it, love the Carinval, seems like if given the chance it could be a decent show. But it wont last sadly, because it doesn't begin with CSI, NCIS, or Law & Order, which seem to have network primetime TV in a headlock.

I've realllllly been enjoying this season of Human Target, what a fun show, with a pretty darn good cast.

White Collar on Tuesday, WOOOO!
Bob Cole's Senility
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bob Cole's Senility »

What do people think about the Office this year?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Bob Cole's Senility wrote:What do people think about the Office this year?
I've enjoyed it. The past 2-3 seasons have been disappointing compared to the first few, so I didnt have my hopes up for this one. However, I think they picked it back up.

It will be interesting to see the direction in which the show goes once Steve Carrell leaves. Most shows would die if they lost their main character, however, I have hope for the Office because of the strong supporting cast (Dwight, Andy, Daryl, for example).
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

This season of the office is awful...I struggle to keep watching it.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Just as bad as every other year.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:OMG WHAT A RUBE!!!!11!1!2!
EXACTLY!
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Yeah, I always assumed that your opinion was worthless, this seals the deal. The office has been great for the majority of it's run.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Yeah, I always assumed that your opinion was worthless, this seals the deal. The office has been great for the majority of it's run.
the last two.5 seasons for me have been a little worse than the first few but i feel this season has rebounded a little. REad an article that said carrell is leaving earlier than expected this season. i think they should kill him off for the shock factor
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Idoit40fans wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
You know what they say about people who assume: They think "Kessel is playing way worse on a bad team" :pop:

The office is boring and unfunny.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat:_Rebirth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On January 14, 2011, it was announced that an official 10-episode web mini-series based on the short had been greenlit by Warner Bros. The series will be written by Kevin Tancharoen and Spartacus: Blood and Sand writers Todd Helbing and Aaron Helbing, with Tancharoen directing. Michael Jai White will reprise his role as Jax. Shooting is scheduled to begin in Vancouver in February
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Bob Cole's Senility
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bob Cole's Senility »

Idoit40fans wrote:This season of the office is awful...I struggle to keep watching it.
I pretty much agree with this. The last two seasons just seem forced. Seasons 3 and 4 were brilliant though.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Bob Cole's Senility wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:This season of the office is awful...I struggle to keep watching it.
I pretty much agree with this. The last two seasons just seem forced. Seasons 3 and 4 were brilliant though.
you liked season 4? i thought that was the beginning of the end. seasons 2 and 3 were almost perfect.

i think this has been the best season since season 3, though.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Candice Bergen being Cuddy's mom on House has the chance to become a "Jump the shark" moment.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

shmenguin wrote:
you liked season 4? i thought that was the beginning of the end. seasons 2 and 3 were almost perfect.

If this is 6, then I liked season 4. Last season was watchable, but this has been almost unbearable.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Not a fan of the Office after the first season or two. I know I'm in the minority on this, but Ricky Gervais' Office is better.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

blackjack68 wrote:Not a fan of the Office after the first season or two. I know I'm in the minority on this, but Ricky Gervais' Office is better.
The Office was my absolute favorite show up until about a season or two ago. Now its in trying too hard mode. Alot of times Michael is just so over the top stupid or such a jerk he's annoying. I know a good bit of people that prefer the British version, but it just seems like its so hard to understand them. Not only because of their accents, but the actors all mumble and you can barely hear them. If I hadn't watched the American version first, I would have no idea what the characters were talking about.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Idoit40fans wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

If this is 6, then I liked season 4. Last season was watchable, but this has been almost unbearable.
season 4 was when jim and pam got together...then the writers strike...then it ended with holly coming? terrible, terrible season.
season 5 was holly and michael...then holly leaving...michael quitting...jim and pam pregnant. better than season 4, but still meh
season 6 was last season...baby born + wedding. better than seasons 4 and 5
so this is season 7 i think. on par with season 6 imo
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think they're having four episodes this season after Carrell leaves. Wouldn't be surprised he goes with Holly to New Hampshire.